16 night dress code breakdown

rols

Juggling the packing today. We know we have 3 formal nights, first and last night are always casual, what's the usual breakdown of the other 11 nights on a 16 night cruise? Trying to figure out whether to take an extra jacket if more informal nights or an extra pair of slacks if there are a few more casual in there. We're a bit stuffed for luggage space so triage is required.

Rols

Are you on the Wind London to Hamburg voyage? If so, look forward to seeing you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are indeed. As you can see we've left 'doing anything about it' a bit late in the game but this weekend should see us packed and rocking. Leave Monday night, couple-o-days in London and see you at Tower Bridge. I believe we just turn up at the departure point for HMS Belfast and look for a sign. Sure we'll figure it out.

See you on board. I'm the guy with the MacBook and a glass of bubbly.

We are indeed. As you can see we've left 'doing anything about it' a bit late in the game but this weekend should see us packed and rocking. Leave Monday night, couple-o-days in London and see you at Tower Bridge. I believe we just turn up at the departure point for HMS Belfast and look for a sign. Sure we'll figure it out.

See you on board. I'm the guy with the MacBook and a glass of bubbly.

There last month! Silversea personnel will find you before you can look for them! Our car drew up and porters had the bags out of the boot (trunk) and away before we'd even thanked our driver. A Silversea lady ticked us off a list, whisked us through Security and on to a small boat to cross to HMS Belfast. Up some steps and before we knew it we were checked in and had a drink in our hands. So slick! Loved departing through Tower Bridge and the trip down the Thames looking at at the London landmarks.

There last month! Silversea personnel will find you before you can look for them! Our car drew up and porters had the bags out of the boot (trunk) and away before we'd even thanked our driver. A Silversea lady ticked us off a list, whisked us through Security and on to a small boat to cross to HMS Belfast. Up some steps and before we knew it we were checked in and had a drink in our hands. So slick! Loved departing through Tower Bridge and the trip down the Thames looking at at the London landmarks.

I worked out where the pier is. What time did you choose? Documents say 2 to 5 but I seem to recall silversea is ready earlier (unless I’m mixing myself up with seabourn). Hotel tosses us out at 12 so getting on board early even to sit in a lounge wild be handy.

I worked out where the pier is. What time did you choose? Documents say 2 to 5 but I seem to recall silversea is ready earlier (unless I’m mixing myself up with seabourn). Hotel tosses us out at 12 so getting on board early even to sit in a lounge wild be handy.

Hopefully someone else can answer that one! Because we didn't have far to travel, we were at home mowing the lawn and cutting the hedge so that it would last the 17 days we were away!! We didn't arrive until about 4.30 p.m.

They'll welcome you on board from noon onward but you might have to wait until 2ish before the suite is ready.

We arrived one time at 11.15 after the swiftest run to Southampton. They were fine about it and we had to suffer in the panorama with only our choice of drinks to keep us going until lunch at 12.30. We survived.

• 2 weeks later...
We know that there are dress codes for evenings, be it formal or informal. However, for breakfasts and lunches in the restaurants, are socks necessary for men, or just shoes without socks will do?

That will be just fine.

The dress code doesn't begin until 6:00p local time. So, you'll see all sorts of attire until then.

For breakfast and lunch you will see everything.....most people dress for their excursion or, in the case of a sea day, whatever they find comfortable....jeans, shorts, etc. Just no swim suits in the restaurants. The magic hour for dress code is 6.

Thank you all for the information.