Travelling to Roatan in December

gsu_paintballer

We'll be headed there on the Carnival Legend in December. What's the weather like during this time? I realize it probably varies, but I was looking for an account from someone who's been there during the Winter. Do you have any recommendations on activities to not miss?

Have not been there in Dec but October...still the same season. Weather was warm and very nice the day we were there. a little humid and real warm. We hired a private guide with Victo Bodden Tours. He asked us what we liked and he took us to places he thought we would enjoy. It was a nice day but nothing I was really stoked over like in Cayman, Cozumel and Belize on the same cruise. I will be back there again October of this year so if I see anything exciting this time ill let you know :D

Good chance of rain in December. There are always exceptions but the odds are rain and clouds. The rainy season is generally figured to be Oct through Feb/March with November historically the wettest month

We'll be headed there on the Carnival Legend in December. What's the weather like during this time? I realize it probably varies, but I was looking for an account from someone who's been there during the Winter. Do you have any recommendations on activities to not miss?

DW and I were on the Legend last December and had a great day in Roatan. Sunny and warm, in the low 80's, with a nice breeze all day. Took a private tour (Rony's) to the monkey house and Half Moon Bay. It was beautiful.

My last trip to Roatan was Jan 2010. The temperature was in the upper 70's and the humidity was in the 80% range, just another way of saying it was wonderful.

On the other hand, we were there this past January also and had cloudy weather, light rain and somewhat cool. My suggestion for any travel between November and March is to at least bring a light jacket or sweatshirt and maybe a travel rain coat. They may just hang in your closet or never get out of th esuitcase, or you may wish you brought more.

Archived