Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Hi, what price should I bid for a downtown hotel in Seattle for June 2014?

Wht could be a 3.5 or 4 star?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are starting a bit too early. Book something you can cancel now and try about 4-6 weeks out. Keep checking the express deals for the rates to drop. Then start about 20% less and go up from there. June is prime season. It will require a bid starting at least $100.

I have been bidding up to $100 for May 16 in Downtown/Pike and Downtown/Seattle Center with no luck.

Got tired of it and took a hotline hotel for $200 - Hotel 1000. Choes this expensive hotel because we liked the location.

There were several 3 and 4 star available for around $150 for my date.

The odds would be slim to none getting something for under $100. Early in the year maybe but not from May onwards.

For those looking for San Pedro....I couldn't get any 3 star hotels when I kept posting, so I put it down to anystar last month and got the Holiday Inn for 70.00. It turned out to be very nice....It is a landmark hotel and very Victorian, but the rooms were large and nicely decorated and the dining room was pleasant. They run a shuttle to the pier for $5.00 per person and the man driving loaded our suitcases and unloaded them and was very helpful. They also let my friend park her car in their indoor garage for $11.00 per night when we went to the cruise (parking was free for the night we stayed there), and since it was only a 4 day cruise, that wasn't bad.

The other one star hotel in the area is the Vagabond Inn, and I know it has received some favorable reviews, so there are other hotel options for the price if you can't get the Crowne Plaza.

I'm not having any luck getting the CP in SP. Where is the Holiday Inn located?

I'm trying to bid for San Pedro, CA. I initially put in 3.5 stars for SP and $75. When I tried to rebid I increased the price to $78, but it tells me I also have to add another zone. I thought it was EITHER increase the bid OR add another zone. What am I doing wrong with my rebid? And for that area, ALL of the zones have 3.5 star hotels. According to rebidding info I found on a bidding info site, I should "add a zone that does NOT offer that star level or higher". Any advice??

According to rebidding info I found on a bidding info site, I should "add a zone that does NOT offer that star level or higher". Any advice??

That is correct. First dentify all the zones that DO NOT offer that star level or higher. For example you want a 4 star in zone 1 (I am making these zone names up) and bid 75 and it is not accepted. Let's assume there are 6 zones named 1-6 and zones 2 and 3 are the only ones with 3 stars and lower and you don't want to stay in zones 4,5, or 6.

(First bid) zone 1@75. Refused.

(Second bid) Next add zone 2 so that you are bidding on 1 and 2@80. Refused.

(Third bid) To get an extra free rebid start over bidding on 1 and 3 @85. If refused you can bid one more time.

(Fourth bid) Zones 1,2, and 3 @90. If that is refused try again after 24 hours.

I hope this makes sense.

Has anyone stayed downtown Seattle as we are arriving 3 days pre cruise but I cant seem to get 2 rooms there started at 75 nite/room up to 130 nite 4 star min but no hits so far. Anyone have reccomendations, should I just wait until closere to sail date? Airfare a Done deal already.:eek:

I have encountered problems when trying to book multiple nights. Sometimes I've given up and broken up the stay and been successful. Try bidding for 2 of the days. Sometimes I've ended up in the same hotel and other times I've had to move (hassle but still saved significant $).

• 1 month later...

Bid Date: 5/3/2014

Date: June 6, 2014

Number of nights: 1

Hotel: Century Plaza Hotel & Spa

Rating: 3.5 stars

Area: Granville Entertainment District

Site: Priceline

Price: $125.00

Taxes & Fees: $28.57

Total: $153.57

Bid Date: 5/6/2014

Date: June 21, 2014

Hotel: Century Plaza Hotel & Spa

Area: Granville Entertainment District

Price: $115.00

Taxes & Fees: $26.82

Total: $141.82

I have a question about bidding Vancouver hotel on Priceline or Hotwire. Does the websites charge you or the hotel? I want to know will there any foreign transaction fee by credit card company if the hotel charge in CAD... :confused:

I have a question about bidding Vancouver hotel on Priceline or Hotwire. Does the websites charge you or the hotel? I want to know will there any foreign transaction fee by credit card company if the hotel charge in CAD... :confused:

I only have experience with Priceline. To my knowledge, my bids on Priceline have all been in US$. The winning bids for Vancouver, BC that I shared above reflect the exact amount charged to my credit card.

Looking at Priceline right now, I do see the opportunity to choose the currency to display prices. Options appear to be USD$, AUD$, CAD$, EURO, Pound Sterling. I do not know what impact there would be on your credit card for choosing one of these foreign currency options.

I only have experience with Priceline. To my knowledge, my bids on Priceline have all been in US$. The winning bids for Vancouver, BC that I shared above reflect the exact amount charged to my credit card.

Looking at Priceline right now, I do see the opportunity to choose the currency to display prices. Options appear to be USD$, AUD$, CAD$, EURO, Pound Sterling. I do not know what impact there would be on your credit card for choosing one of these foreign currency options.

Thank you for your info. I've never tried Priceline or Hotwire, so a little bit hesitate. Your response is really helpful. :)

Thank you for your info. I've never tried Priceline or Hotwire, so a little bit hesitate. Your response is really helpful. :)

Whenever planning travel to Vancouver, I follow the advice of Putterdude and other knowledgeable Vancouverite CC members. I have never been disappointed. For my most recent bids on Priceline, I followed Putterdude's advice at the following link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41759418#post41759418

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let people know about our recent hotel stays in Seattle that we booked through Priceline. We had a very good reception at both The Mayflower ($95 + tax) and The Westin ($100 + tax) and we never felt looked down upon or anything like that for using Priceline and getting such good rates! In case anyone is feeling apprehensive about using them (as I was!).

We think The Westin was probably a better hotel, mostly because the room was much bigger however they didn't have free wi-fi.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Forums mobile app

Just bid for Fisherman Wharf area for March, 2015. Just let me say it isn't LA!! But the best bet is to try 31/2 stars for Wharf area and you will get a hotel like you are looking at. You can try bidding or do the express where you get it immediately. I tried bidding but when I got within $10 of express price with no luck, I just went with that. Saved $83 a night off of the cheapest I was able to find on my own. Yes, expect to pay $190-280 for the wharf area. At least for March, 2015! By the way we got Pier2620 which is in a great location and just recently renovated.

• 2 weeks later...

Bid Date: 7/28/14

Date: 9/14/14 (Sunday night)

Hotel: Hotel Max

Area: Seattle/Downtown Pike Place

Price: $118.00. Including tax, fees, and $5 travel insurance and a 5% off Express Deal coupon code (summer14) it came to $151.

I kept bidding up to $112 for 3 stars for all 4 DT locations without luck hoping to get a Lake Union hotel but when I saw the Pike Place area Express Deal I was happy to get a hotel closer to Pier 66.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Today's win on Priceline ....

Crowne Plaza, San Pedro

$78 + $19.50 (3-1/2*, San Pedro area)

Friday, January 23, 2015

I was very surprised to get this so early (first bid yesterday was for $75).

Debr

• 2 weeks later...

Bid Date: 7/08/2014

Date: August 23, 2014

Hotel: Radisson Hotel Gateway SeaTac

Area: Seattle Airport (SEA)

Price: $128.00

Taxes & Fees: $27.55

Total: $155.55

Bid Date: 7/08/2014

Date: September 7, 2014

Hotel: Radisson Hotel Gateway SeaTac

Area: Seattle Airport (SEA)

Price: $120.00

Taxes & Fees: $26.25

Total: $146.25

• 2 weeks later...

Bid Date: 7/22/14

Date: November 20th, 2014

Number of nights: 2

Hotel: Crowne Plaza

Area: San Pedro

Price: $75.00 per night

Taxes & Fees: $31.34

Total: $181.34

Edited by Neonsport

Thanks, Neonsports for the information on your successful bid. It helped us get very similar results.

Bid Date: 7/25/14

Date: January 25, 2015

Hotel: Crowne Plaza

Area: San Pedro

Price: $75.00 per night

Taxes & Fees: $19

Total: $94.00

We wanted to stay in Union Square East so that is the only 4* area I tried and used the free rebid zones to get the Sir Francis Drake Hotel. I hope we like it okay. We bid on 2 rooms as there are 4 adults. We saved about $80 per room per night by using priceline.

Date: Aug 28-30, 2014

Number of nights: 2 in 2 rooms

Hotel: Sir Francis Drake Hotel

Rating: 4 stars

Area: Union Square East

Price: $160.00 per room per night

Taxes & Fees: $115.04

Total: $755.04 ouch!

I know virtually nothing about the San Francisco area so I don't know if I did well or not. Booked two stays (pre- and post-cruise) in SFO via Priceline.

Bid date: 02 Aug 2015

Pre-cruise:

Date: 26-28 Jan 2015

Number of Nights: 2

Bid rating: 4-star

Bid area: Fisherman's Wharf

Bid amount: CDN$150

Hotel: Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf

Total: CDN$358.10 (with taxes & fees)

Post-cruise:

Opted for a Priceline Express Deal:

Date: 07 Feb 2015

Number of nights:1

Bid rating: 3.5-star

Bid area: Fisherman's Wharf

Price: CDN$154

Hotel: Marriott Fisherman's Wharf

Total: CDN$190.15 (with taxes & fees)

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting how everyone has different taxes and fees for the same price and same amount of nights!

Feb 8-10, 2015

Number of nights - 2

Hotel - Crowne Plaza

Rating - 3.5 stars

Area - San Pedro

Site - Priceline

Price - $75/night

Taxes and fees - $31.14

Total - $181.14