Solistice December 14th - Pied Piper

dawalker05

I will be on the December 14, 2008 sailing of Celebrity Solstice. I have been on 14 cruises to date of which, two where with Pied Piper Travel. My experience with Pied Piper Travel on the cruise has been very good. I personally do not care for the ofice staff. The cruises have always been hosted but I understand that may not always be the case. The hosts make the cruise the gay expeience that I am looking for in my vacations. I hope that you enjoy the cruise. I look forward to seeing on board.

Four of us from California will be joining you. We booked AquaClass. My partner and I traveled with Pied Piper for the Queen Victoria inaugural cruise out of Southhampton in December 2007. The group totaled about 35 people of mixed backgrounds and experiences - and well traveled. We made many new friends. The Solstice group will be much larger I am told. I highly recommend Pied Piper. We look forward to meeting you. J. & K. :cool:

• 1 month later...

Hey!

We booked already and did not know there was a chance to join a group.

I checked the sites and evidently we can't do anything about it since we booked somewhere else? Will there be outside gatherings or will they all be closed parties. Originally we were hoping to pay a fee to participate but I think we would have to get our original TA to release us and then rebook with Pied Piper.

Lesson learned..next time I will do more searching...but for now we are on this cruise.

ken and jeff....boston, MA

Hi Ken and Jeff!

To attend the Pied Piper group functions you do have to book through them. I found the group to be a lot of fun, indeed.

Have you made final payment? If not you can get your deposit back. If it was made directly with the cruiseline but final payment not made yet, PP can take it over. If made with another agency they cannot.

Hope you can attend. If any questions, drop me a line at this name at yahoo dot com.

Cheers!

Hey!

We booked already and did not know there was a chance to join a group.

I checked the sites and evidently we can't do anything about it since we booked somewhere else? Will there be outside gatherings or will they all be closed parties. Originally we were hoping to pay a fee to participate but I think we would have to get our original TA to release us and then rebook with Pied Piper.

Lesson learned..next time I will do more searching...but for now we are on this cruise.

ken and jeff....boston, MA

We were booked on this cruise w/ Pied Piper, but cancelled and rebooked on an earlier date when it lost its inaugural status. Question...when we booked the cruise, we wanted to an aquaclass cabin, but since those cabins have a seperate dining room, we were told we could not eat with the Pied Piper group...so we reserved a CC. Was anyone else told this, and is it still the case? Just curious.

It's true, but not a Pied Piper thing. The Aquaclass cabins have assigned seating in Blu restaurant vs. the main dining room where the group will be.....that seems to be the way Celebrity is marketing AC cabins--Blu is supposed the be quite the ticket.

We were booked on this cruise w/ Pied Piper, but cancelled and rebooked on an earlier date when it lost its inaugural status. Question...when we booked the cruise, we wanted to an aquaclass cabin, but since those cabins have a seperate dining room, we were told we could not eat with the Pied Piper group...so we reserved a CC. Was anyone else told this, and is it still the case? Just curious.

I think it has been discussed on other threads...but chances are after a few days the people assigned to Blu will want to eat somewhere else..once that happens I'm sure anyone who wants could reserve a dinner there. Might be a fee but perhaps not...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thats ME!!!!!!!!!!!! I sent you a friend request. OMG we were on the same boat! LOL

I cannot see a way through the "friends" post to jot you a note...

If you click on the solstice board in my signature block, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on "Karen" you will send me an email...so I can jot you a note.

If you had posted on our 12/14 thread, we could have MET onboard.

I am a lot thinner...I wonder if I saw you! Hugs and jot me a email using the address in the link below.

Hugs, Karen

Your beanie friend!

PS Still got those Valentinos!

Archived