Balcony Dividers on Dream Cove Balconies

Kris7562

Just booked our next cruise... Unfortunately it's 329 days away : ( We are doing a big group cruise with friends/family in Feb 2013. Can't come soon enough!

I've cruised a bunch (this will be 7 or 8 - not sure!), but never had a balcony before. Not sure what came over my boyfriend in the booking process, but he decided to upgrade to the cove balcony! (I'm SO excited!!!)

Our friends will be in the balcony next to us. I've heard that some balcony dividers can be opened between rooms to allow for one big balcony. Does anyone know if you can do this in the cove balconies?

Any other fun tips on how to make the most of the balcony would be appreciated as well!

On some ships standard balcony dividers can be opened. We had 3 adjacent Lido balcony cabins on Magic in December. The dividers there could be opened and we enjoyed a large balcony with our family. We also viewed a cove balcony while on that cruise with a group in a cabin crawl and you can tell that dividers on cove balconies are part of the hull of the ship and, unfortunately, cannot be opened.

All of the Cove partitions open. Every other one will result in a larger balcony, the rest will seal the balcony doors.

If the cabins are not connecting, you can open the partition between them.

You can see some pictures here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalDream/coveDummies.htm

Seems to be mixed reviews. But it looks like ours will open, since our cabins are not connecting - we will be in 2325, not sure which side our friends are on, but I know they aren't connecting staterooms.

Thanks - I hope that is correct!

Seems to be mixed reviews. But it looks like ours will open, since our cabins are not connecting - we will be in 2325, not sure which side our friends are on, but I know they aren't connecting staterooms.

Thanks - I hope that is correct!

I probably said that wrong - if the cabins connect you can't open the partitions. If they don't connect, you might be able to.

On Magic 2325, the partition to 2321 opens so I think that might be the same on Dream.

Unfortunately, according to Carnival, they do not. Sorry:(

Carnival Magic (MC)

Stateroom Descriptions – Deck 2

2325 7C 185/45 = 230 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: window and cove balcony Balcony partition connects to: 2321

2329 7C 185/45 = 230 sq ft

View: window and cove balcony Balcony partition connects to: 2333

If the cabins are available it shouldn't be hard to switch to the connecting balcony...

2321 - 2325

2329 - 2333

2325 7C 185/45 = 230 sq ft

View: window and cove balcony Balcony partition connects to: 2321

2329 7C 185/45 = 230 sq ft

View: window and cove balcony Balcony partition connects to: 2333

We sailed with some friends in adjacent balconies. We had the steward open the divider. Big mistake. His wife kept sneaking into our cabin at night and climbing in bed with us. I had all that I could do to keep up with two women. To make a bad situation worse I didn't know that the husband was standing on the balcony taping it.

He posted it on a website and used the proceeds to not only pay for the cruise but many more.

He didn't offer me any of the royalties and now women are constantly hounding me for my services. It would be great except they want me to pay them. My wife isn't happy because she thought that she was just being nice by helping a friend in need, now realizes that they were just using us.

Don't open the divider.

We sailed with some friends in adjacent balconies. We had the steward open the divider. Big mistake. His wife kept sneaking into our cabin at night and climbing in bed with us. I had all that I could do to keep up with two women. To make a bad situation worse I didn't know that the husband was standing on the balcony taping it.

He posted it on a website and used the proceeds to not only pay for the cruise but many more.

He didn't offer me any of the royalties and now women are constantly hounding me for my services. It would be great except they want me to pay them. My wife isn't happy because she thought that she was just being nice by helping a friend in need, now realizes that they were just using us.

Don't open the divider.

Good point... Maybe we shouldn't connect after all :p

Very funny. Thank you for that.

Archived