Cruzan Rum Factory and Sandcastle?

jancru12

Is it feasible to do the Rum Factory and go to sandcastle in one day? Would it be better to do beach in the AM and Rum factory in the afternoon. Or my other thought is Cruzan and Rainbow Beach. Any Suggestions?

Certainly! I recommend you do the rum tour in the morning as the beach is much closer to the ship and there won't be any stress to make it back in time.

Sandcastle beats Rainbow as far as I'm concerned so I suggest you come hang out with me and the beach club in the afternoon (presuming your ship is on a Sunday).

Certainly! I recommend you do the rum tour in the morning as the beach is much closer to the ship and there won't be any stress to make it back in time.

Sandcastle beats Rainbow as far as I'm concerned so I suggest you come hang out with me and the beach club in the afternoon (presuming your ship is on a Sunday).

But, I thought I read somewhere that Cruzan is closed on Sundays. If this is incorrect, this changes.....everything.

:confused:

But, I thought I read somewhere that Cruzan is closed on Sundays. If this is incorrect, this changes.....everything.

:confused:

Cruzan is open on Sunday IF there is a cruise ship in town. 10am-2pm usually on ship days. Tours start every half hour. NO CASH.

Sorry to Drake (and others) if this has been asked and answered, but is there retail attached to the factory? If not, somewhere in town to pick up a few bottles?

We can get it easily here in Florida, but I find it so much cheaper, almost half price, in STT, so I assume here in the motherland as well?

Thanks

Sorry to Drake (and others) if this has been asked and answered, but is there retail attached to the factory? If not, somewhere in town to pick up a few bottles?

We can get it easily here in Florida, but I find it so much cheaper, almost half price, in STT, so I assume here in the motherland as well?

Thanks

No problem at all, Cruzan has a great retail section right off the tasting room where you can fill all your rum needs. They also have all the Cruzan branded stuff you would expect, shirts and hats and things.

I'm going to mention this on every post about Cruzan from now on: they do not accept cash, cards only.

No problem at all, Cruzan has a great retail section right off the tasting room where you can fill all your rum needs. They also have all the Cruzan branded stuff you would expect, shirts and hats and things.

I'm going to mention this on every post about Cruzan from now on: they do not accept cash, cards only.

"Tasting Room"???

Decision made, I'll be there.:D

"Tasting Room"???

Decision made, I'll be there.:D

Of course, that's why you do the tour right?? Here's the secret, you get two mixed drinks with your tour but "samples" (basically shots) are unlimited. The Estate Diamond is particularly delicious!

Edited by drake2014

We'll be there on Sunday, April 12 so we may see you. :cool: Our plan is to go to Cruzan and on to sandcastle afterwards. Can you give me an idea of what it will cost to take a cab to Cruzan and is it easy to get one after the tour to take us to the beach?

We'll be there on Sunday, April 12 so we may see you. :cool: Our plan is to go to Cruzan and on to sandcastle afterwards. Can you give me an idea of what it will cost to take a cab to Cruzan and is it easy to get one after the tour to take us to the beach?

Sure, figure $20 per couple one way. It'll probably be a little less than that but you should budget on the high side.

You can arrange with your taxi driver to pick you back up after the tour or if you have enough people you can get them to wait for you. If all else fails Cruzan will call a taxi for you or you can just wait for the next group to be dropped off and snag the return ride.

Were in on the same day, are you on the Jewel or the Summit?

Our plan is Cruzan in the morning, then head over to Sandcastle around noonish... Drake if you're around come join us for a drink :-)

Sure, figure $20 per couple one way. It'll probably be a little less than that but you should budget on the high side.

You can arrange with your taxi driver to pick you back up after the tour or if you have enough people you can get them to wait for you. If all else fails Cruzan will call a taxi for you or you can just wait for the next group to be dropped off and snag the return ride.

Hi, we also plan to do Cruzan and Sandcastle. We will be 6 doing this. Will we pay 60$ to go to Cruzan ? Or will it be 20$ for the 6 of us ? Thank you !

Hi, we also plan to do Cruzan and Sandcastle. We will be 6 doing this. Will we pay 60$ to go to Cruzan ? Or will it be 20$ for the 6 of us ? Thank you !

$20 per couple so yeah about $60 for the group. That being said you may get a better deal with a group that size, it will depend on your driver.

Were on the same sailing, come join us on our roll call we need more Canadians :-)

If you haven't already sign up for the Cruise Critic Mix and Mingle which will be on the Tuesday

Laurna

Were in on the same day, are you on the Jewel or the Summit?

Our plan is Cruzan in the morning, then head over to Sandcastle around noonish... Drake if you're around come join us for a drink :-)

We'll be on the Summit. Our plan is to be at Cruzan when they open before the rest of you drink all the rum. We have friends from Canada who we sail (and drink) with so I'm just being careful. Lol

Drake, if you post your picture, you may not have to buy any drinks that day. :D

Sue

We'll be on the Summit. Our plan is to be at Cruzan when they open before the rest of you drink all the rum. We have friends from Canada who we sail (and drink) with so I'm just being careful. Lol

Drake, if you post your picture, you may not have to buy any drinks that day. :D

Sue

It's worth mentioning that the barrel warehouse holds over a million bottles worth of rum, I think you're safe!

I'll put up a picture lol, never going to turn down free rum!

I will be down that way in June. Since I've always booked excursions through Royal and never did anything on my own.

How easy is it to get off the ship and just get a taxi somewhere?

This sounds like something my group would like to do.

I will be down that way in June. Since I've always booked excursions through Royal and never did anything on my own.

How easy is it to get off the ship and just get a taxi somewhere?

This sounds like something my group would like to do.

All of the roads around the pier are closed to everyone but taxis on ship days, therefor there are dozens of taxi vans lined up around there. You will have no trouble getting one.