Best beaches??

valeriiiexo

We are going to San Juan from 7-1pm. Wondering what the best beach would be that will be nearby and offer restrooms and beach chairs/umbrellas. Possibly refreshments. They offer some excursions through the cruise line but it seems a bit pricy for a trip to the beach. What would an average bus or taxi ride cost? Thank you!

We are going to San Juan from 7-1pm. Wondering what the best beach would be that will be nearby and offer restrooms and beach chairs/umbrellas. Possibly refreshments. They offer some excursions through the cruise line but it seems a bit pricy for a trip to the beach. What would an average bus or taxi ride cost? Thank you!

Here is the link to an identical previous thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=48669821#post48669821

With regard to a taxi fare, think on spending $50/60 return.

• 1 month later...

In San Juan Luquillo Beach, Bahia Beach and Pinones Beach are named best beaches there, with Luquillo beach located behind a waterfall, which is really beautiful. I'm wondering how far it is from the port and how much for a cab drive?

In San Juan Luquillo Beach, Bahia Beach and Pinones Beach are named best beaches there, with Luquillo beach located behind a waterfall, which is really beautiful. I'm wondering how far it is from the port and how much for a cab drive?

Last year from EL C we gave $100.00 for four persons (including tip etc) and the same for the return. Take just over the hour there and about 75 Minutes back (heavier traffic). Hope this assists.

• 1 month later...

Try Isla Verde beach. Have the taxi drop you off at the end of Calle Tartak. There are chair and umbrella rentals and two beach bars with great food. It is a great beach and a 15-20 minute taxi ride from the port. Luquillo is too far for a day trip, IMO.

Isla verde is a great beach to go and hang out. Escambron is another local beach but hit and miss with things open to buy to drink and eat.

Loquillo is great if your going that way otherwise way to far.

• 1 month later...

Loquillo is about an hour from OSJ port.

It supposed to be somewhere behind the beach, but if it's a long ride, I'm not to sure about going, I want to make sure I don't get left by the ship lol

The waterfall is in the rain forest at El Yunke. None at the beach.

Try Isla Verde beach. Have the taxi drop you off at the end of Calle Tartak. There are chair and umbrella rentals and two beach bars with great food. It is a great beach and a 15-20 minute taxi ride from the port. Luquillo is too far for a day trip, IMO.

Yup. Isla Verde is a good option for a day trip. Loquillo is an hour drive to and another hour from, without traffic.

Good afternoon

We are thinking of grabbing a cab to Isla Verde for our port stop. I have a few additional questions:

How do we get a cab back to the ship? How much time should we allot to return to the ship, and can you tell me the approximate cab fare each way for 2 adults?

thank you so much!

Cindy

Good afternoon

We are thinking of grabbing a cab to Isla Verde for our port stop. I have a few additional questions:

How do we get a cab back to the ship? How much time should we allot to return to the ship, and can you tell me the approximate cab fare each way for 2 adults?

thank you so much!

Cindy

I would allow at least an hour to get back, just in case. It is only about a 20 minute drive if there is reasonable traffic. It costs somewhere around $25 per cab, each way.

There are hotels all around the area where you will find plenty of taxis. If not, you can just hail one along the main drag. I dont think you'll have any problem getting back. Just sllow enough time.

Follow my instructions above in my previous post and have the taxi take you to the beach end of Calle Tartak. There are chair rentals, bars, a great restaurant, and hotels on either side of you. Below is a pboto of Isla Verde beach as seen from a codo I rented last year. It is just west of the area I recommended, looking towards the entrance of Calle Tartak.

e005f5bdb60c4d71128e73c7e8fc4c1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk