poolside cabanas

bafinegan

Anyone know when they become available? We are booked on the Glory Jan 6 and wanted to book a cabana in Grand Turk. There are 3 kids traveling with us (1 a 20 month old baby) and thought the cabana would be a good idea.

Any info is much appreciated!

baf

The Cabanas are the best! Since there are only 10 they go incredibly fast. Sometimes, after they are sold out, when full payment for the cruise becomes due, folks cancel and one or two may become available.

• 1 month later...

Is it like the cabanas on HMC where one has to go to the shore excursion desk on embarkation to pick one out? If so, which are better ( closer to the bars, closer to the beach etc)

Thanks in advance!

baf

I am not sure . We had a cabana in our last visit to GT - but they just told us which one we had when we got there. Maybe I was supposed to pick one- but I didn't know that

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it like the cabanas on HMC where one has to go to the shore excursion desk on embarkation to pick one out? If so, which are better ( closer to the bars, closer to the beach etc)

Thanks in advance!

baf

No, you do not need to go to SED onboard. Although you have no way of picking the one you want ahead of time, it will be assigned for you. When you check in at Margaritaville, they will give you a key to the door of the cabana assigned to you and take you to it. From what I understand, there really is no bad or better cabana to get here, unlike HMC.

wow, I'd say that's a decent description :D:D:D. Thank you! It appears to be, but is the walk to/from cabana/beach fairly short and easily done? We have one in our party with slight mobility issues and wanted to inquire. Thanks again. Enjoy :)

We are in Grand Turk in January but Princess does not have any excursions for renting cabanns. Can I just use the pools and the beach? Have never been there so need to understand. Can you just use the pool at Buffetts? Any info on how the port works

wow, I'd say that's a decent description :D:D:D. Thank you! It appears to be, but is the walk to/from cabana/beach fairly short and easily done? We have one in our party with slight mobility issues and wanted to inquire. Thanks again. Enjoy :)

The walk is not terribly far, but you are walking on sand and it is a bit uneven.

We are in Grand Turk in January but Princess does not have any excursions for renting cabanns. Can I just use the pools and the beach? Have never been there so need to understand. Can you just use the pool at Buffetts? Any info on how the port works

Are you sure they aren't just sold out? I have never sailed on Princess to GT, but if the cruise center is open to Princess passengers ( and I believe it is) it only seems natural that the cabanas would be available to rent. As I have stated in a prior post, there are only 10 of them and they sell out very quickly- but occasionally, when cruise full payment is due, folks cancel their cruise and a cabana may be open.

In any case, you just walk to the center and find a lounger and enjoy the pool, buy a drink, shop at Margaritaville and have some food. There is a path and then sand that you can take to get to the beach. We walked over to the beach,and it looked ok, but went right back to the pool when we there last so I cannot comment on chairs or umbrellas on the beach.