Monomvasia/Mykanos

Just booked Majesty for Sept 12th (good price at moment been tracking for a while) We have visited most ports of call previously but not heard of Monomvasia, any suggestions of what to do whilst there a full day? Also got a full day in Mykanos instead of half day would like to see more of the island, any ideas?

The price is good for that cruise isn't it! :eek:

The Aegean itineraries from Corfu have been priced on the low side this year for some reason. Don't know why. :confused:

I'm afraid I've not done either of the ports sorry, so can't help you I'm afraid, although from what I've heard about Monemvasia, it is very easy to do yourself, and is a lovely little place.

Edited by Sailaway487

We did both in May this yrear, both were tender ports.

Monemvasia we did ourselves by walking up to the old town - not a hard walk but there is a bus for 1 or 2 euros. No cars are allowed in the town so you can have a good wander round the old streets. Plenty of cafes around. One bar brought us sandwiches free each time we ordered our 2 drinks!! We walked back down the road to find a bar to wait for the tenders and what a bar we found. Mateo's bar just round the corner from the harbour area had 35 bottled beers and they were nearly all Belgian beers. We managed Rochefort 10 11.3%, Gouden Carolus Tripel 9%, Bosteels Kwak 8.4% and Tripel Karmeliet 8.4% for 22 euros before catching the last tender back along with Katie the cruise director plus a lot of the entertainment team having a good old sing song!! Great day out in a great port.

We did the beach transfer trip at Mykonos and had comfy beds complete with brollies. Had to buy a beer as the free drink was fizzy pop. Enjoyed the swimming and sunbathing though, and had time for a wander round the lovely labyrinth of streets in the town when the bus brought us back, enjoying a fantastic dish of traditional yoghurt and honey in one of the café bars. Beautiful place.

Hi, have been looking at this itinerary for next year either for the end of May or July and was wondering if the weather was ok end of May and if the sea was calm!! Have just cruised for the first time last week and sea was calm with no sea sickness.

Just looked through my notes for our trip which was from 2 May for 2 weeks, as I could not remember any rain or rough seas at all, and have nothing noted. We had a wonderful time, loved everything about Majesty and the itinerary. Would love to do the trip again.

My notes on Monemvasia this May half term. The weather was hot and sunny with calm seas.

"Off early and walked to the old town, walked right up to the top as far as we could go, back to new town and had Wine, Fava, Fried Courgettes, and Tsaksiki for €15 in Scorpios Taverna."

It's a great place for food, there seems to be less and less Greek Tavernas doing Fava these days.

You could do the Shorex to Mistras, we went years ago when we used to stay on the Mani, it's a great place if you are into Byzantine culture.