Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Crystal Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Crystal Cruises
Read Crystal Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Crystal Cruise Deals.

Register for a Cruise Critic/Crystal Cruises Meet & Mingle

Need to make a change or addition to your Meet & Mingle registration? Update Your Meet & Mingle Registration

GO TO: Crystal ROLL CALL Forums

Old December 9th, 2004, 12:53 PM
20,000+ Club

Default August 23 Symphony--Anyone Joining Me?

I'm booked in cabin 9077 for the August 23 Symphony cruise that includes the Military Tattoo. Anyone joining me on what should be a great cruise? Judith has already given me some great suggestions for shore excursions, and I would love it if anyone else could chime in with ideas. As you know, I'm disabled and I'm a little worried about physically handling the trip to the Military Tattoo. Judith has given me some very good ideas on how to handle the trip, like leaving later than the group to avoid the standing in line for an hour, and requesting that Crystal provide some sort of handicapped seating so I don't have to climb the bleachers. Any other suggestions?

Old December 9th, 2004, 01:19 PM
5,000+ Club

Darcie, one of the best excursion I did on last year's British Isles cruise was in Guernsy. We took the ship's tour that had to do with the German military occupation during WWII. Our guide was a 5th generation Guernsian. In regards sto Edinburgh, we only had one short day so we didn't go to the Military TAttoo. However, we did go to the castle and the walking can be very difficult. Hopefully you can make some alternate plans to see the Military Tattoo with less walking and climbing. The city is beautiful and I would recommend you arrange for your own driver and excursion. Nancy