Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Costa Rica

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old April 7th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Any Beaches in Limon?

Are there any beaches in Limon? We'll be in Limon in a few wks., and would like to know if there are beaches nearby. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old April 8th, 2006, 12:19 AM
5,000+ Club

My DW keeps asking me this same question each time she sees an ad or hears about some beach in Costa Rica being nice....

As of now we're planning to do a jungle tram excursion, but if DW keeps asking, it means she wants to go to a beach so....we'll be looking for a beach.

CLICK HERE for our cruise pics on my own site
CLICK HERE for our cruise pics on Flickr
CLICK HERE for our cruise pics on FOTKi

CLICK HERE for Breeze Cruise slideshow. Pics are hosted on my OWN site and should display properly

Pictures hosted on my own site and WILL display properly;
Carnival Pride Spring Break '14 Review
Pictures hosted on Flickr and should display properly;
Carnival Breeze 2013 8 day Southern Review
Pictures in these reviews are hosted at Fotki and should display properly;
Carnival Liberty 2012 Western Review
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Review

WebShots Sux and sold out so NONE of the pictures in the reviews listed below will display;
CARNIVAL Dream Western Spring Break Review
CARNIVAL Liberty B2B Review
CARNIVAL Destiny B2B Review
CARNIVAL Legend Spring Break Review
CARNIVAL Freedom Eastern Spring Break Review
CARNIVAL Glory Eastern Spring Break Review
Upcoming Cruises:

My Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to the Caribbean on 04/04/2015 aboard the Carnival Sunshine! Visit Carnival.com to see all Caribbean cruises.

Carnival.com has a new appearance and some old links are not easily located. Log on to Carnival.com then CLICK HERE to view your previous cruises.

My advice is based on my personal experience and is biased by my opinion and personality. Feel free to take it or leave it, but don't plan on changing me. If you disagree, please bear in mind that I am content to be wrong in your opinion.

Old April 24th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

We just got back from our cruise and we went to Playa Bonita in Costa Rica. Not far from the pier, they have a restaurant/bar, and the ocean was wonderful. The water was clean and warm. Had a great time!

Old April 24th, 2006, 03:25 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMar
We just got back from our cruise and we went to Playa Bonita in Costa Rica. Not far from the pier, they have a restaurant/bar, and the ocean was wonderful. The water was clean and warm. Had a great time!

RaMar,

We just got back also and after both Carnival tours we wanted were sold out, we just got off the ship with plans to join a Charlie Soto tour based on all the recommendations here and on board. We REALLY lucked out and got Charlie Soto himself as our tour guide. Not only did we save a ton of money by not going on a Carnival tour, we also got to see and do a lot more than we would have with a large group. Chalie took us to the rain forest where we saw monkeys in trees, held monkeys, held sloths and saw thousands of species of plants we'd never seen. Then he took us to a banana plantation and gave us a tour, then on a rain forest boat ride with crocs right alongside the boat, then to Bonita Beach for a great meal and beach scenery. He then took us high on a mountain overlooking the port then he took us shoping and then back to the pier.

I'll be posting a review shortly with picture links etc of our tour with Charlie Soto.

CLICK HERE for our cruise pics on my own site
CLICK HERE for our cruise pics on Flickr
CLICK HERE for our cruise pics on FOTKi

CLICK HERE for Breeze Cruise slideshow. Pics are hosted on my OWN site and should display properly

Pictures hosted on my own site and WILL display properly;
Carnival Pride Spring Break '14 Review
Pictures hosted on Flickr and should display properly;
Carnival Breeze 2013 8 day Southern Review
Pictures in these reviews are hosted at Fotki and should display properly;
Carnival Liberty 2012 Western Review
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Review

WebShots Sux and sold out so NONE of the pictures in the reviews listed below will display;
CARNIVAL Dream Western Spring Break Review
CARNIVAL Liberty B2B Review
CARNIVAL Destiny B2B Review
CARNIVAL Legend Spring Break Review
CARNIVAL Freedom Eastern Spring Break Review
CARNIVAL Glory Eastern Spring Break Review
Upcoming Cruises:

My Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to the Caribbean on 04/04/2015 aboard the Carnival Sunshine! Visit Carnival.com to see all Caribbean cruises.

Carnival.com has a new appearance and some old links are not easily located. Log on to Carnival.com then CLICK HERE to view your previous cruises.

My advice is based on my personal experience and is biased by my opinion and personality. Feel free to take it or leave it, but don't plan on changing me. If you disagree, please bear in mind that I am content to be wrong in your opinion.

Old May 5th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Cahuita National Park

less than an hour out of Puerto Limon. we hired Euvangie's Tours to take us there. turned out to have the best swimming beach of our entire cruise -- devoid of tourist trappings like rental umbrellas and chairs, just soft sand and smooth-bottomed swimming water. this was about 20 minutes' nature walk from the Playa Blanca entrance to the park. be sure to swim in the area flagged as safe for swimming. marvelous -- TR

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 27th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Cool Cruiser

Ramar - can you just take a taxi to the Playa Bonita or is it walking distance?

RCCL

Old June 27th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

You will need a driver or taxi to get to Playa Bonita. It is not within walking distance. There are no beaches within walking distance of the pier in Limon.

Beth

Old June 27th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

In my opinion, the beaches on the Atlantic side are not anywhere as nice as the Pacific beaches.

Old June 27th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzMate
In my opinion, the beaches on the Atlantic side are not anywhere as nice as the Pacific beaches.
I agree with this. Puerto Limon is a stop better used for other activities than beach going, and I am the ultimate beach-goer!

There are many opportunites to visit jungle sites, canals, zip lines, etc., that the time in this port would be better spent on. (IMHO- )

Beth

Old June 28th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks so much for the info. We'll probably do the Canal tour or 4X4 instead.

RCCL

Old July 1st, 2006, 11:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

Could you give me contact infor for Charles Soto what you did sounds great. Or do we just pick him up at the pier. I'm a little scared of independent tours what if the truck breaks down??? anyway if you could send the info that would be great thanks.