Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Disabled Cruise Travel

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Disabled Cruise Travel Cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences.
Cruise Critic Disabled Cruise Resources

Old July 27th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Handicap Cabins on Carnival

Hello - Does anyone have some first hand knowledge on the Handicap Cabins on Carnival??? I booked what I was told a Handicap cabin on the Freedom and now I find out it is a" partial" handicap not a "true"handicap......YIKES - my DH uses a wheelchair and I am afraid I have booked the wrong cabin. Anyone have any insight on this....what is the difference ????????? Thankyou,
Donna

Old July 27th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I would suggest you or your TA call Carnival and ask them to explain the difference to you On a new ship like Freedom, I would expect them to all be fully accessible but maybe they are not. They may be ok for someone in a wheelchair or scooter but not equipped for hard of hearing or blindness. On some of the older ships "partial" can mean a cabin that has been modified, but still has a lip up in to the bathroom or a cabin door that is not wide enough for a large wheelchair or scooter

Old July 29th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

I haven't been on Freedom before; however, I have been on Carnival Paradise twice. First cruise, I was in a fullly accessible cabin, U243, and 2nd time, partial-accessible cabin, E69. With E69, the cabin door was smaller, but my wheelchair, TDX3, could fit in it prefectly fine. The bathroom was a regular size bathroom with hand rails by the toliet, and in the shower with a roll in shower. E69 was no problem with me because I crawled into the bathroom when I take a shower and use the bathroom.. It seems like the room was bigger than U243. the beds were in a L shape...

Jan 9, 2006 cruise on Paradise. 1ST CRUISE
July 16, 2007 cruise on Paradise. 2nd Cruise
November 4, 2007 Cruise on Carnival Pride 3rd Cruise.
July 8, 2011 Cruise on Paradise-4th Cruise- my Sister's 40th Birthday cruise.