How Much Spending $$$ at Las Caletas?

CruisinHoneymooners

We'll be going to Las Caletas during our cruise next month, and I'm wondering about how much money I should expect to budget for miscellaneous spending money? I see the prices for some of the "additional cost" activities on their web site, but what other items are there that we should anticipate for extra spending? Souvenirs/photo costs? Are there other extra cost things I should know about? TIA! :)

We'll be going to Las Caletas during our cruise next month, and I'm wondering about how much money I should expect to budget for miscellaneous spending money? I see the prices for some of the "additional cost" activities on their web site, but what other items are there that we should anticipate for extra spending? Souvenirs/photo costs? Are there other extra cost things I should know about? TIA! :)

We only spent money on tipping. There wasn't much else to buy. I think the picture package was over $100, if that is an interest to you. Otherwise all the food and bev is included.

The only other thing besides pictures you can buy is a few optional excursions (such as discover scuba) and a small gift shop with the typical tourist type things and you can purchase the tequila that they let you try there.

My family and I went about two years ago (and are going again in a little over a month) and we didn't spend any extra money except for tipping. The trip was great, the service was awesome and to this day our boys (13,15,17,18) still say it is their favorite excursion to date.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Who/what would be the normal tipping?

And asking this question again.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are two "tipping opportunities". The boat crew that takes you to Las Caletas and back to the port will wait on you hand 'n foot as well as provide entertainment. There will be a tip jar held by a crew member as you leave the boat on your return to the port.

The staff at the Las Caletas excursion site will do their best to make your time there truely memorable. There will be a tip jar held by a staff member as you leave the excursion site and re-board the boat returning you to the port.

A tip at either opportunity is not expected (tipping is an American thing) but is greatly appreciated. I've been on this excursion about a dozen times and estimate that less than 25% of the parties tip at either location and very few tip at both.

To answer your question . . . Most people seem to tip 50 or 100 pesos per couple (or 5/10 USDs). A lot seems to depend on how much people paid for the excursion. Us hotel/resort vacationers tend to pay a lot less than cruise passengers for the excursion and tend to tip a little heavier.

Enjoy . . .

• 1 month later...
There are two "tipping opportunities". The boat crew that takes you to Las Caletas and back to the port will wait on you hand 'n foot as well as provide entertainment. There will be a tip jar held by a crew member as you leave the boat on your return to the port.

The staff at the Las Caletas excursion site will do their best to make your time there truely memorable. There will be a tip jar held by a staff member as you leave the excursion site and re-board the boat returning you to the port.

. . .

We also tipped the nice waiter who kept bringing us drinks to our chairs on the beach all day and we left a couple $$ on the table at lunch as well.