Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

SoCal
26,134 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by MADflyer
It would seem that Indy could follow the same pattern as the Explorer dry dock, when they added the deck 12 cabins. The ship took on workers at both Port Everglades and materials at the Bahamas with work progressing as the ship crossed to Cadiz. There they released many of the ship's crew for vacation and more workers boarded to finalize the work prior to sailing up to Southampton from Cadiz.

RCI will most likely not return to Rotterdam for any dry dock due to the Oasis labor incident. Relatively the fine was very low though and they may have just built that into the cost of the Oasis revitalization. When a ship is at sea for dry dock, the labor laws are very relaxed for the 'hotel' crew that is now used to do 'light' work during the revitalization.

Now that they are bringing Mariner to dry dock at Freeport, Bahamas to get the Liberty enhancements prior to entering service year round from Miami, it would make sense to use Cadiz to add the deck 12 cabins to Indy as the cabins are prefabricated in Europe. That order can now include Explorer, Adventure and Mariner, which will all most likely have all the deck 2,3 and 12 cabins added.
Pretty sure Explorer already has the Deck 12 cabins added.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

Register for the Meet & Mingle:
https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

Life is uncertain -- eat dessert first.
Oakland Park, Fl
9,000 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by Ocean Dancer
I can't find any 2019 Alaska cruises. Anyone know when they will be released? I thought they already were.
No, anything past about April 2019 will be subject to the follow on of this thread. Those itineraries will out next March.
4,263 Posts
Joined May 2010
Originally posted by Biker19
No, anything past about April 2019 will be subject to the follow on of this thread. Those itineraries will out next March.
Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Madrid/Marbella, Spain / Naples, FL
4,295 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by travelgoddess1
Pretty sure Explorer already has the Deck 12 cabins added.
Explorer did a transatlantic drydock with the deck 12 cabins being added in Cadiz. Independence could be doing the same for her April 2018 dry dock, followed by Southampton sailings.

I see where you got that from the last line of the post. That is Indy, Adventure and Mariner.

Mariner will go to Freeport, Bahamas and will get the deck 12 cabins added most likely along with waterslides for Miami deployment.
The South
14,303 Posts
Joined May 2000
And I think Alaska cruises don't begin until May.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Live to Cruise; Cruise to Live!!!

[/u
l]
Oasis of the Seas 1-13-2019

Diamond Plus
Oakland Park, Fl
9,000 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by SherriZ366
And I think Alaska cruises don't begin until May.
when the two ships being used (Radiance and Explorer) arrive from Australia - though for 2019, there could be a reshuffling.
Brisbane Australia
1,873 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Royal management claim in the Facebook promo for Symphony of the Seas they might get her early.
Southampton season maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rhapsody of the Seas Greek Isles 13 May 16
Ovation of the Seas Southampton - Barcelona May 16
Radiance of the Seas South Pacific 31 Jan 16
Serenade of the Seas New Orleans to Boston April 15
Voyager of the Seas NZ 7 Dec 13
Oasis of the Seas - West Car 8 Dec 12
Voyager OTS Barcelona - Singapore May12
Radiance of the Seas Sydney - Nowhere Nov11
Mariner of the Seas TA + Med Santos - Rome March/April11
Independence of the Seas T/A April10
Serenade of the Seas Alaska Repo May09
Seattle.WA.USA
13,123 Posts
Joined Aug 2002
when the two ships being used (Radiance and Explorer) arrive from Australia - though for 2019, there could be a reshuffling.
Possible but they are already booking the Explorer to Seattle TP for 2019
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John (SJ) (Marilyn) GO HAWKS!
spending DD's inheritance one cruise at a time. 702 nights at sea

Island Princess (2), Cunard Princess, Festival, Starward, Nieuw Amsterdam (3), Pacific Princess, Costa Riviera, Regent Sea, Bermuda Star, Queen of Bermuda, Southward, Enchanted Isle, Regent Sun (3), Fair Princess, Tropical, Regent Star (2), Nordic Prince, Celebration, Song of Norway, Westerdam, Song of America (2), Viking Serenade (2), Rhapsody of the Seas (5), Radiance of the Seas (7), Vision of the Seas (8), Norwegian Sky, Norwegian Sun, Mercury, Explorer of the Seas (7), Serenade of the Seas (8), Sun Princess, Mariner of the Seas (2), Golden Princess (2), Liberty of the Seas (6), Oosterdam (2), Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Star, Carnival Spirit, Jewel of the Seas (2), Celebrity Summit, Celebrity Solstice (2), Crown Princess, Grandeur of the Seas (5), Enchantment of the Seas.
Cocoa Beach, FL
18,699 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Originally posted by springaussie
Royal management claim in the Facebook promo for Symphony of the Seas they might get her early.

Sure, but in what condition?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Email me!

Coming Up
Majesty of the Seas 8/25/2017 Club Royale
Majesty of the Seas 9/4/2017
Majesty of the Seas 10/23/2017

Oasis of the Seas
9/10/2017 - 9/17/2017 - 9/24/2017
10/8/2017 - 10/15/2017 - 10/29/2017 - 11/5/2017 - 11/12/2017
12/3/2017 - 12/10/2017

Majesty of the Seas 1/5/2018 Club Royale
Allure of the Seas 3/11/2018
Mariner of the Seas Global Odyssey 4/9/2018, 4/22/2018, 5/7/2018
Serenade of the Seas 8/19/2018 & 8/26/2018
Rhapsody of the Seas 12/8/2018
Explorer of the Seas 4/23/2019

Cocoa Beach weather cam (actually the view off my balcony )

https://map.bloomsky.com/weather-sta...B1rJytnpS4n5Wk

Follow us on Instagram (pics of Bella, Sunrises, Rocket Launches, Cruise Ships, and Cocoa Beach, FL)

https://www.instagram.com/durlandjohn/

Seattle.WA.USA
13,123 Posts
Joined Aug 2002
Originally posted by John&LaLa
Sure, but in what condition?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app
Almost finished with a crew that is still working on other ships.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John (SJ) (Marilyn) GO HAWKS!
spending DD's inheritance one cruise at a time. 702 nights at sea

Island Princess (2), Cunard Princess, Festival, Starward, Nieuw Amsterdam (3), Pacific Princess, Costa Riviera, Regent Sea, Bermuda Star, Queen of Bermuda, Southward, Enchanted Isle, Regent Sun (3), Fair Princess, Tropical, Regent Star (2), Nordic Prince, Celebration, Song of Norway, Westerdam, Song of America (2), Viking Serenade (2), Rhapsody of the Seas (5), Radiance of the Seas (7), Vision of the Seas (8), Norwegian Sky, Norwegian Sun, Mercury, Explorer of the Seas (7), Serenade of the Seas (8), Sun Princess, Mariner of the Seas (2), Golden Princess (2), Liberty of the Seas (6), Oosterdam (2), Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Star, Carnival Spirit, Jewel of the Seas (2), Celebrity Summit, Celebrity Solstice (2), Crown Princess, Grandeur of the Seas (5), Enchantment of the Seas.
Southern California by way of Kentucky
18,952 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by springaussie
Southampton season maybe?

When has RCI ever done anything early
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
March 2017 RCI Harmony: May 2016 RCI Adventure B2B: September 2015 RCI Radiance: March 2015 RCI Mariner: Oct 2014 RCI Jewel: May 2014 RCI Radiance: Oct 2013 RCI Oasis: May 2013 RCI Radiance: Feb 2012 PCL Sapphire: Aug 2011 RCI Liberty: Mar 2011 RCI Liberty: Aug 2010 RCI Jewel: Mar 2010 RCI Independance: May 2009 RCI Radiance: Jan 2009 RCI Independance: Oct 2007 RCI Vision: Oct 2006 RCI Vision: Oct 2005 RCI Vision: Oct 2004 RCI Vision: Aug 1997 RCI Viking Serenade: July 1995 RCI Viking Serenade: July 1994 RCI Viking Serenade: July 1985 Azure: June 1984 Azure: