Liberty of the Seas, Formal Night?!

knk731

New to posting.. but DH and I are taking a RCI cruise in April on the Liberty.. I was wondering if this dress would be TOO MUCH for formal night.. I am not one to look for opportunities to stand out, so I guess I would like to know if i would look out of place for formal night wearing this dress. Also, if this dress is okay should my hubby wear a suit or tux?? :confused:

%7Eproduct_id=08024L74714648

cdresscruise.jpg.a4e8618987fd4557851d382fef5cfeb6.jpg

New to posting.. but DH and I are taking a RCI cruise in April on the Liberty.. I was wondering if this dress would be TOO MUCH for formal night.. I am not one to look for opportunities to stand out, so I guess I would like to know if i would look out of place for formal night wearing this dress. Also, if this dress is okay should my hubby wear a suit or tux?? :confused:

%7Eproduct_id=08024L74714648

were're doing the liberty of the seas cruise in june. for the formal nights i just got a black suit with a shirt and bow. wasnt going to pay out $100 to rent a tux.lol

I LOVE the dress! MANY people will be wearing tuxes and gowns. I think it'll be perfect. You won't stand out...and who cares if you do? :) It's your vacation! I say go for it! For one of our formal nights, this is the BCBG Max Azria dress I'll be wearing...luckily Fergie has the same dress so I see photos of it ALL the time, haha!

fergie-ascap.jpg

You absolutely will stand out in the dress, but in a good way, it's gorgeous! I'd say 1/2 of the crowd are older and will be wearing mother of the bride kinda stuff, most of us will be in the typical Black Cocktail dress and say 10-15% will be in something so great as that!!

Enjoy your cruise, make sure you have pictures taken with your spouse, either by the ship photographers or a fellow cruiser!

Danielle

From what I understand, formal nights on Liberty are so much different that formal nights on the other ships. I'm not sure if your choices will work. :rolleyes:

What, exactly, do you mean by "so much different?" I'm on the Liberty in April and am wondering what makes the Liberty different from every other ship?

Thanks!

What, exactly, do you mean by "so much different?" I'm on the Liberty in April and am wondering what makes the Liberty different from every other ship?

Thanks!

My point, sarcastically is that there is NO difference in formal nights on any ship really. I just find it comical that some people make their questions ship specific when it reality, it's just not that way.

For example, there's no difference in laundry pricing whether you're on Liberty or Voyager or Vision.

Pet peeve. Sorry. :)

My point, sarcastically is that there is NO difference in formal nights on any ship really. I just find it comical that some people make their questions ship specific when it reality, it's just not that way.

For example, there's no difference in laundry pricing whether you're on Liberty or Voyager or Vision.

Considering the OP is a first time cruiser (as am I), how are we supposed to know all that?

Take your pet peeves up with more 'seasoned' veterans like yourself, thanks. Or just don't waste your time replying next time.

Considering the OP is a first time cruiser (as am I), how are we supposed to know all that?

Take your pet peeves up with more 'seasoned' veterans like yourself, thanks. Or just don't waste your time replying next time.

Hope you take your same advice. :) However, if you are to cruise on Oasis or Allure, the ante goes way up on formal nights. :D

Ahhh, as a first time cruiser, I missed the humor...but laughed once you explained yourself!! My sense of humor is intact while reading these boards :-) Thanks for the explanation...I was worried there for a minute!! lol

Ahhh, as a first time cruiser, I missed the humor...but laughed once you explained yourself!! My sense of humor is intact while reading these boards :-) Thanks for the explanation...I was worried there for a minute!! lol

Have a nice cruise and don't sweat the small stuff. You'll have a great time. Enjoy.

From what I understand, formal nights on Liberty are so much different that formal nights on the other ships. I'm not sure if your choices will work. :rolleyes:

That's because some broads on the Liberty wear Lucite stripper shoes on formal nights.

That dress is gorgeous! I'd wear it without a doubt. My OH doesn't do tuxes (They are not that big over here in the UK) but he does wear a rather nice (And expensive) suit with a nice shirt and tie. If your OH feels more comfortable in a normal suit with a shirt and tie over a tux then tell him to go for that. No matter which option he chooses he will look just as nice as you will in that dress.

Make sure you have your photo taken on board and buy it! Believe me, it will look great on your mantalpiece :)

I disagree. The formality of dinner varies depending upon cruise line, length of cruise, and even destination (Alaskan cruises, for example, have a different atmosphere than those taking place in the Caribbean). Time of year can make a difference too; for example, spring break is younger and more casual.

Now, I wouldn't expect any difference between, say, Freedom and Liberty -- but you will find a difference between some ships.

Love the dress!

We were on the Liberty in January for 7 nights. People were well dressed for the formal evenings. Our photos in the link below.

Have a wonderful cruise -- it is a beautiful ship and the Captain and staff are outstanding!

Kathy:)

Archived