Quest April 24th Sailing - Information Thread

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I thought it would be helpful to start a Quest April 24th sailing thread. Here's the latest news from SeaTrade insider. So far, the news seems encouraging.

http://www.cruise-community.com/News/News-Headlines/Azamara-Quest-in-repairs-at-Sembawang-set-for-April-24-return.html

Well the lack of information is deafening. Words are easy, response is still really third rate. Well actually no response.

Really, really disappointed.

Hello Peter -

The April 9 post below was caught in approval gridlock and I apologize for dropping the ball in not following up in time. I know your standards are high and sorry to disappoint you and me.

I'm posting a separate update for April 10.

Azamara Quest Dry Dock Update/ April 9, 2012:

"The Azamara Quest arrived at the Sembawang yard in Singapore on April 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM SGT-local time. The teams are in place at the yard and things are progressing very well. We have riding teams, inspectors, yard technical experts, surveyors, manufactures and a mini army of workings insuring the best and proper repair. At this moment we are on schedule. Biggest issue is parts and we are not aware of any issue to receive them as promised. We are waiting family approval to print more on our injured crew member."

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Peter -

The April 9 post below was caught in approval gridlock and I apologize for dropping the ball in not following up in time. I know your standards are high and sorry to disappoint you and me.

I'm posting a separate update for April 10.

Azamara Quest Dry Dock Update/ April 9, 2012:

"The Azamara Quest arrived at the Sembawang yard in Singapore on April 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM SGT-local time. The teams are in place at the yard and things are progressing very well. We have riding teams, inspectors, yard technical experts, surveyors, manufactures and a mini army of workings insuring the best and proper repair. At this moment we are on schedule. Biggest issue is parts and we are not aware of any issue to receive them as promised. We are waiting family approval to print more on our injured crew member."

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Azamara Displaced "Spice Route" Guests -

Azamara Quest Dry Dock Update/ April 10, 2012:"

The repairs to the damage caused by the engine room fire are proceeding as planned on the Azamara Quest at the Sembawang yard in Singapore. We continue to be pleased with the progress that has been made on the ship, and are on schedule to complete the necessary work before Azamara Quest’s next scheduled sailing from Mumbai (Bombay), India on Tuesday, April 24.

With consent from the Azamara Quest's crew member's family, his condition that was more severely injured continues to improve. While he is still at the hospital in Manila, he is no longer in the Intensive Care Unit. His wife and sister are with him, which has greatly improved his spirits. They are all thankful for the opportunity to be together, and we will continue to do our very best to assist them. Our thoughts and prayers are with our crew member and his family."

Also, I want to let you know two other points that should be functional sometime, tomorrow, April 11:

1. Our website's Travel Alert tab will be populated with additional updates on the repairs during dry-dock.

2. Because of your concern and caring about our injured crew member many of you have asked for a way to make a donation to our crew fund. Tomorrow I will share those details to do so, on a separate thread.

Good Evening,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks for responding Bill. We are all really pleased to hear of the progress of your most seriously injured crewman, that is really good. It must be a great comfort to him to have his wife and sister with him. Well done Azamara in bringing them together.

Peter

I'm pleased to announce that the TRAVEL ALERT tab on the homepage of our website now includes "Azamara Club Cruises Statement's" about the status of the Azamara Quest's repairs during dry-dock in Singapore and the procedures to make donations to our injured crew member. Here is a link: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/about-azamara/travel-alerts.

A complete copy is shown below.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Travel Alerts / Azamara Club Cruises Statement

April 11, 2012, 10:30 a.m. E.S.T.

Azamara Quest arrived in Singapore ahead of schedule, and the repairs to the damage caused by the engine room fire are proceeding as planned. We continue to be pleased with the progress that has been made on the ship, and are on schedule to complete the necessary work before Azamara Quest’s next scheduled sailing from Mumbai (Bombay), India on Tuesday, April 24.

We encourage guests on the April 24 sailing of Azmara Quest to monitor Azamara Club Cruises’ website – www.azamaraclubcruses.com – for additional updates on the repairs. Guests who have any additional questions regarding Azamara Quest may call toll free 1.888.829.4050 from the United States and Canada. Guests outside the United States may call direct or collect to 1.408.916.9001.

The condition of the Azamara Quest crew member that was more severely injured continues to improve. While he is still at the hospital in Manila, he is no longer in the Intensive Care Unit. His wife and sister are with him, which has greatly improved his spirits. They are all thankful for the opportunity to be together, and we will continue to do our very best to assist them. Our thoughts and prayers are with our crew member and his family.

Azamara Club Cruises would like to thank everyone for their thoughtfulness and concern regarding our injured crew member. Many of you have asked for a way to make a donation to assist our injured crew member. If you would like to make a donation, please make the check payable to Azamara Club Cruises, write "Crew Donation/Azamara Quest” on the memo field, and mail to the address below. One hundred percent of all contributions will go directly to the fund we have set up for our injured crew member.

Nick GarciaManager - Financial Purser Operations - Systems & ProjectsAccounting, Shipboard Financial Operations Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises & Azamara Club Cruises1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

I'm pleased to announce that the TRAVEL ALERT tab on the homepage of our website now includes "Azamara Club Cruises Statement's" about the status of the Azamara Quest's repairs during dry-dock in Singapore and the procedures to make donations to our injured crew member. Here is a link: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/about-azamara/travel-alerts.

A complete copy is shown below.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Travel Alerts / Azamara Club Cruises Statement

April 11, 2012, 10:30 a.m. E.S.T.

Azamara Quest arrived in Singapore ahead of schedule, and the repairs to the damage caused by the engine room fire are proceeding as planned. We continue to be pleased with the progress that has been made on the ship, and are on schedule to complete the necessary work before Azamara Quest’s next scheduled sailing from Mumbai (Bombay), India on Tuesday, April 24.

We encourage guests on the April 24 sailing of Azmara Quest to monitor Azamara Club Cruises’ website – www.azamaraclubcruses.com – for additional updates on the repairs. Guests who have any additional questions regarding Azamara Quest may call toll free 1.888.829.4050 from the United States and Canada. Guests outside the United States may call direct or collect to 1.408.916.9001.

The condition of the Azamara Quest crew member that was more severely injured continues to improve. While he is still at the hospital in Manila, he is no longer in the Intensive Care Unit. His wife and sister are with him, which has greatly improved his spirits. They are all thankful for the opportunity to be together, and we will continue to do our very best to assist them. Our thoughts and prayers are with our crew member and his family.

Azamara Club Cruises would like to thank everyone for their thoughtfulness and concern regarding our injured crew member. Many of you have asked for a way to make a donation to assist our injured crew member. If you would like to make a donation, please make the check payable to Azamara Club Cruises, write "Crew Donation/Azamara Quest” on the memo field, and mail to the address below. One hundred percent of all contributions will go directly to the fund we have set up for our injured crew member.

Nick GarciaManager - Financial Purser Operations - Systems & ProjectsAccounting, Shipboard Financial Operations Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises & Azamara Club Cruises1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

Thats quite an address. Can it be abbreviated? I'm not sure I have an envelope that big.:eek:

We will be delighted to contribute. Do Canadian cheques present a problem?

Thats quite an address. Can it be abbreviated? I'm not sure I have an envelope that big.:eek:

REVISED DONATION INFORMATION

For those of you who are interested to make a donation to assist our injured crew member, I believe this revised donation information will simplify the process:

Please make your check payable to "Azamara Club Cruises," and write "Crew Donation/Azamara Quest" on the memo field. We will accept foreign checks and money orders.

Please mail to this much shorter address:

Dorothy Aloma

Azamara Club Cruises

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Rather than a Canadian cheque we had a US Bank Draft issued. You may wish to go this route as well.

Actually, today's update (April 12, 2012) is very similar to yesterday's: we continue to be pleased with the progress of the planned repairs caused by the engine room fire."

It seems that our collective thoughts and prayers combined with excellent medical care, continue to make a positive difference for our severely injured crew member as his condition improves. Thank you for reaching out to him and his family.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Actually, today's update (April 12, 2012) is very similar to yesterday's: we continue to be pleased with the progress of the planned repairs caused by the engine room fire."

It seems that our collective thoughts and prayers combined with excellent medical care, continue to make a positive difference for our severely injured crew member as his condition improves. Thank you for reaching out to him and his family.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks for the update on both your crew member and Quest. Please just keep the positive and upbeat reports coming.

It looks like I'll be getting the suitcases out of the loft in the next few days so we can jet off to Mumbai.

Peter

For the sake of good order, I want you to inform you that there will be no further updates issued about our dry-dock procedures as they proceed in Singapore on our website today, Saturday and Sunday or on this Azamara Cruise Critic thread.

Rest assured, there will be an update early next week with more detailed information.

In the meantime, enjoy the weekend ahead.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

It is now 11 pm on 16/4 in Aust and there have been no updates on the Azamara site since 11/4. It is less than one week ( six days) until we are supposed to leave for a nearly 1 month holiday. Do we pack and do the rest of the many leaving preparations such as booking excursions or make appts here for late April? We have been hanging in the air for over 2.5 weeks not knowing if our holiday is going ahead or not. All the fun of anticipation went out the window! I think the least the company can do is offer daily updates! Why not? At least tell us if the parts have arrived. People understand problems if they know about them!!

The ship must surely leave for Mumbai in the next 48 hours if the 24/4 cruise is go...so surely the company know by now if that could be a goer or not!

I think we the 'guests' are being treated very badly. I have had cruises cancelled before but have never been treated like this. I waste so much time checking to see if they have condescended to give us an update. Totally unimpressed.

Kayn, I suspect that it will be quite a few more hours before we hear anything. I'm not sure that Azamara have yet worked out that we all live in different time zones, and by my reckoning you are probably 17 hours in front of Bill Leiber's time as he seems to be in California. When I checked on a vessel tracking site I use about 2 hours ago (2 pm UK time) Quest was in dock in Singapore. You can rest assured if I 'see' it moving I'll be on here in a shot. I'm not too sure how many days it will take to get to Mumbai but suspect 5+ depending on if they crank up the engines!

We'll just have to wait and see, but if I have to put the cases back in the loft the air will be a bit blue around here!

And 74 of us will be standing on the dock in Mumbai wondering where the ship is, as we are all departing tomorrow on airfares booked by Azamara.

Kayn, I would say pack.

Go for it Jujuju2, we'll see you on Quest in just over a week's time!

However Az do stink over keeping us up to date. No us saying no news for 3 days. Not what we want to hear.

Hello Kayn, GumpyOldWesty, Jujuju2 and other displaced "Spice Route" Guests -

I'm pleased to inform you that our Singapore dry-dock project team leader reports that the Azamara Quests' departure will occur Tuesday in the late afternoon/early evening or Wednesday in the early afternoon (SGT-local), following a thorough safety fitness conducted by the authorities in Singapore. Regardless of the specific departure time, both schedules provide us the necessary time to reach Mumbai.

The remaining repairs do not require us to be in the dry-dock yard and will be completed while we transit. The vessel will have the entire crew who are preparing for our guests' arrival's in Mumbai. Also, engine room workers will still be onboard as we transit and we anticipate they will be staying on after Mumbai for additional operational support.

Before we can take our first guests onboard, both the Flag State Control (Malta) and the Classification society need to approve that the ship's operation is safe for guests and crew. Once completed and along with the work of our own inspection teams and the Singapore yards, we will have met and/or exceeded every operating regulation required to safely travel at sea. Safe passenger movement is the first and foremost focus.

We extend our best wishes as you begin your travels to Mumbai and you can be sure that you will be welcomed warmly and with many, many smiles by the Captain, officers, staff and crew as you step aboard the Azamara Quest on April 24th!

Again thank you for loyalty, understanding and infinite patience.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank you Bill for that good news. I hope it means that there is little left that could hold up the process.

JUJUJU2: 74 people flying out tomorrow! I guess that was a planned precruise holiday in India.

Peter, enjoy your bubbles! I have spent some time trying to find a site to see what is happening in the Singapore drydock but without success. Could you possibly post the address of the site, if it is one for general consumption.

Thank you.

I think I might book a couple more excursions and get the ports out of the wardrobe ready for filling.

Thanks for the update Bill. For those 74 of us doing a 6-night pre-cruise tour in India, it is very reassuring to hear that the Quest will actually be there to meet us at the pier in Mumbai before we leave home. Hopefully, there'll be lots of cool drinks on board because I have a feeling that a bunch of us will be really, really dry!!

We fly out tomorrow and I see that the Delhi weather forecast calls for 100 degree temperatures all week. WOW, now that's really cookin'. We live just west of Seattle, Washington USA where people talk about how hot it is when the temperature gets above 75 degrees.

Jujuju2, and Big Dog have their freezer shirts so they'll both be chilling while the rest of us are steaming!

See you all at the M & M

JUJUJU2: 74 people flying out tomorrow! I guess that was a planned precruise holiday in India.

I think I might book a couple more excursions and get the ports out of the wardrobe ready for filling.

Kayn, I think it definitely means the cruise is on. I would book those excursions while they are still half price. I forget exactly when the half price ends, but I seem to recall it being 4-5 days before sailing.

The 74 people were on three back2back2back cruises starting in Singapore and ending in Athens. The Singapore cruise got canceled, which threw all of our plans up in the air, and many of us were most unhappy to miss the India ports. We were all booked as a package through the same travel agent, and he scrambled around last week and put together a pre-cruise package for us. He convinced Azamara to fly us to Delhi rather than Mumbai, and then he arranged the rest. We had to pay more for the package, but it was less than the refund we are getting from Azamara. It was such a good package that 74 out of 97 decided to take the optional package rather than just get on in Mumbai or cancel altogether. So tomorrow we head off to a week of 100F, 38C degree weather.

Stay cool, and see you in Mumbai!

Archived