Leaving out of Port of Tampa...

dutch59

Looking for a hotel for the pre cruise for just 1 night. Nothing to fancy...maybe has a shuttle from the airport to hotel, and then hotel to port. Open for suggestions on shuttle service if necessary

Hi, I also will cruise out of Tampa and I found many suggestions about hotels in Tampa in the Florida Departures section.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Based on the comments that I have seen, I will probably stay in Quality Inn, not far from the airport. Nothing fancy and it provides comp. shuttle from the airport and a shuttle ( fee) to the port. There is Publix close by and some restaurants walking distance.

Edited by wieslaw

It's been 5 years since I stayed in Tampa, (for a convention, not cruising) but we stayed at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina and loved it! You could technically walk to the cruise port if you wanted to but I would probably grab a quick taxi. The hotel was beautiful and well cared for.

There is a walkway along the water that takes you to shops and restaurants. There is also a trolley that you can ride to get around.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Rocky Point. Decent place for the $$$ and they have shuttle service to and from the Port.

its not downtown though or close to the cruise port. its out by the airport.

We stayed at the Chase Suites (I think that was the name). Actually it was a former Residence Inn. They offered transportation from the airport to the hotel, then from the hotel to the port and after we returned, we got their transportation from the port to the airport (with no hotel stay that night). Saved a lot on transportation. They also have a shuttle that would take you within a 5 mile radius and there was a very nice restaurant right next door.

If I sail out of Tampa again, I would definitely stay there again.

Last November I was looking for a hotel with shuttle to the port and airport and booked the Tahitian. It was a bit more but since it included the shuttles I thought it would end up being cheaper.

HOWEVER they have very limited shuttle schedules and although they said they could pick us up from the airport we were delayed a half hour at the airport and their shuttle guy is also the maintenance guy and they had a few problems at the hotel that he had to fix so we had to fork out $40 for a taxi (when we called from the airport they said 'just call a taxi it will only be $15'). And the next day for the port shuttle we were limited on times having to either take a 9am shuttle or 2pm shuttle unless we wanted to split up our group (two kids, hubby and I). The pool was nice, the room was mediocre, breakfast is expensive. I wouldn't recommend it.