Oh No, the suite lounge is GONE on Oasis?

I hope this is not true. My last trip on Oasis a few years ago I enjoyed the lounge overlooking the boardwalk. It was spacious and wonderful....I went each night before dinner for a drink and met many terrific people.

Is it gone? I did hear about Coastal Kitchen and I thought that was a place for a quick bite for suite holders but I didn't realize that it replaced the lovely lounge.

Any one have any tips, pictures or feedback?

Thanks!

I hope this is not true. My last trip on Oasis a few years ago I enjoyed the lounge overlooking the boardwalk. It was spacious and wonderful....I went each night before dinner for a drink and met many terrific people.

Is it gone? I did hear about Coastal Kitchen and I thought that was a place for a quick bite for suite holders but I didn't realize that it replaced the lovely lounge.

Thanks!

Suites get the entire Viking Crown lounge now.

As of right now, the Diamond/Diamond Plus Lounge is still in place on Oasis (we've been in there nightly this cruise). It was to be converted to Wonderland I believe but that hasn't happened yet. The signage at the elevations show it's changed but it has not.

The plan is/was for the Diamond/Diamond Plus Lounge to move to deck 4 starboard side.

No idea if this will really happen. But for the now, the lounge is where it's always been!

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean.

I think you mean the Concierge Lounge, which had a view of the Boardwalk. This is now the Diamond Lounge, so you would have to be Diamond level or above to have access.

There is a new Suite Lounge up in the Viking Crown area. Now suite guests have a lounge with a much better view, and better amenities. Coastal Kitchen is also up the the Viking Crown area.

I was thinking of the Viking lounge, you use your gold sea pass card to enter. It was a two leveled area. It sounds like they still have the lounge and they added the costal kitchen to it??

There was an upstairs area that we did not see.

I was thinking of the Viking lounge, you use your gold sea pass card to enter. It was a two leveled area. It sounds like they still have the lounge and they added the costal kitchen to it??

No, you are describing the old Concierge lounge, which is now the Diamond lounge. Viking Crown did not and does not have two levels, nor does it have a view of the Boardwalk.

The old CL was the two level area for suites on deck 11, and upstairs was 12. After Oasis drydock the suite lounge was moved to deck 17, for suite guests as well as Pinnacles. It was the location of the old VCL. You still use your gold sea pass to enter the suite lounge. I have attached a few pictures. The old CL is now the Diamond Lounge.

deck17.jpg.033d9c1451a94f99120608eb299e333a.jpg

259719934_suitelounge.jpg.58e02767778081fcc4fa3c61e6bf2468.jpg

The plan is/was for the Diamond/Diamond Plus Lounge to move to deck 4 starboard side.

No idea if this will really happen. But for the now, the lounge is where it's always been!

Hi Anne, it did happen.

We were on the Oasis TA and it as on deck 4 Port side I believe, by the MDR. Didn't work well. Too many people with not enough seats, a few steps to get up to the main sitting area were not good for many. There were only 1-2 Tall tables and Tall chairs on the deck level.

It was not open after MDR hours either, it had no card reader on the door.

I think once DD started they realized they needed that space back for tables in MDR.

Pus, it wasn't a well thought out plan.:rolleyes: Steps don't work well with mobility problems..........

Edited by CVU

This was helpful. So it does appear that it has changed, but from what I could tell from the pictures it is still nice and it will be a nice area to sit in before dinner and maybe for a snack

For suite guests, I think it's much better than before.

For suite guests, I think it's much better than before.

I agree Bob. I just hope they leave the old CL, now DL, as is.

Doubtful I know since they can make $$$ off Wonderland, but a fella can dream.

Edited by DarthGrady

I agree Bob. I just hope they leave the old CL, now DL, as is.

Doubtful I know since they can make $$$ off Wonderland, but a fella can dream.

You might be right about the DL changing. Didn't they put it in a different place on Harmony?

Hi Anne, it did happen.

We were on the Oasis TA and it as on deck 4 Port side I believe, by the MDR. Didn't work well. Too many people with not enough seats, a few steps to get up to the main sitting area were not good for many. There were only 1-2 Tall tables and Tall chairs on the deck level.

I think once DD started they realized they needed that space back for tables in MDR.

Pus, it wasn't a well thought out plan.:rolleyes: Steps don't work well with mobility problems..........

This is why I am surprised to see that Harmony's deck plans have the Diamond Lounge back on deck 4 :confused:

Edited by fish6

Hi Anne, it did happen.

They couldn't build a DL big enough to handle a TA with 1000 Diamonds onboard. ;);)

So I'm confused! If I'm D+ but only in a lowly JS with no acess to the suite level, which concierge lounge can I use?

The technical answer is none, since she doesn't have a true Concierge Lounge anymore. The suite lounge and the coastal kitchen in the Viking Crown are for gold card members (GS and above, plus Pinnacle Club).

The lounge that was once the CL is now the Diamond Lounge, which is where you can go as a D+ member. Or any of the other bars to use your vouchers during the cocktail hours each night.

So I'm confused! If I'm D+ but only in a lowly JS with no acess to the suite level, which concierge lounge can I use?

You can use the Diamond Club on deck 11 (and 12). It is what used to be the Concierge Lounge ( for D+, PC and suite guests).

Edited by ARCruisinNana

You might be right about the DL changing. Didn't they put it in a different place on Harmony?

Yes, down on deck 4, and it doesn't look like it will be very big. On Harmony, the area that is currently the DL on Oasis is listed only as Wonderland.

Yes, down on deck 4, and it doesn't look like it will be very big. On Harmony, the area that is currently the DL on Oasis is listed only as Wonderland.

Laura is not happy. At least the really old DL had that neat promenade balcony. It wasn't big either, but D+ had the CL

Hi Anne, it did happen.

I'm currently on Oasis and the Diamond/Diamond Plus lounge is still on Deck 11/12 overlooking the Boardwalk. Been in there every morning and evening. Perhaps they tried using the area on Deck 4 (that area is currently closed off by a inaccessible door) for this lounge and it didn't work out. But on this particular sailing, the Diamond/Diamond Plus lounge is definitely still on Decks 11/12.

When we were on Oasis in May, Diamond concierge Ian Jordan told us the Diamond Lounge will remain in the deck 11/12 location for the foreseeable future. We asked about what will happen to the space when Oasis goes to dynamic dining and he said he didnt see that happening soon, if ever. He said "we may keep Dynamic on "new builds" (aka Quantum, Anthem, Harmony etc) only. The 11/12 space seemed to handle diamond and diamond plus very nicely. Our one trip to the suite lounge on 17 (for Chef's Table) we found it to be a gorgeous, modern, large space and truly a haven for suites and pinnacles.

Edited by 1ParticularHbr

When we were on Oasis in May, Diamond concierge Ian Jordan told us the Diamond Lounge will remain in the deck 11/12 location for the foreseeable future. We asked about what will happen to the space when Oasis goes to dynamic dining and he said he didnt see that happening soon, if ever. He said "we may keep Dynamic on "new builds" (aka Quantum, Anthem, Harmony etc) only. The 11/12 space seemed to handle diamond and diamond plus very nicely. Our one trip to the suite lounge on 17 (for Chef's Table) we found it to be a gorgeous, modern, large space and truly a haven for suites and pinnacles.

Good to know, thanks!

The technical answer is none, since she doesn't have a true Concierge Lounge anymore. The suite lounge and the coastal kitchen in the Viking Crown are for gold card members (GS and above, plus Pinnacle Club).

The lounge that was once the CL is now the Diamond Lounge, which is where you can go as a D+ member. Or any of the other bars to use your vouchers during the cocktail hours each night.

The lounge for Ds and D+s does have a concierge.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=371892551