Spelling of keywords

vivi9909

I know it's against the guidelines of this board to criticize spelling & grammar errors of posters; however, I suggest that everybody should be careful to spell correctly the keywords that would be used in the search tools such as ship names, port of calls, specialty restaurants, cruise companies, etc. especially if they are used in thread titles. If not, the search function doesn't work.

I hope I didn't offend anybody. :)

I have the same problem. Spell check gets me every time and when using a using a IPad the keyboard also seems to fat finger very easy.

it also doesn't help that a post can only be edited within 15 minutes of posting. I think this is the only forum that has a time limit.

happy cruising 🌊🇺🇸🚢🌞

I think there's a difference between Predictive text and Spell check.

I have the predictive text turned off on my iPad, but do rely on my Spell check, as I am a poor speller.

I couldn't agree more about the edit button, especially if I am looking in another thread for a quote. By the time I've found it it's often too late to edit.

Edited by upwarduk

There is a poster here on CC whose sig says "autocorrect responsible for most errors".

So why dont they turn the damn thing off?!

:D Just thinking it is probably someone like a certain member of our family who never learned to spell correctly.

Once he learned how to type, which was many years ago, he would type everything and always say that every misspelling was a typo, claiming that he was really a good speller, just a bad typist.

Back in those days men were not expected to know how to type, so it worked for him as a plausible explanation. ;)

Being a bit tongue in cheek, but do people actually do any searches before asking the same questions over and over?

Seriously though, it is a good suggestion, as I have found some very good info with searches. :) In the early days I probably asked before searching a few times :(:confused::o

Being a bit tongue in cheek, but do people actually do any searches before asking the same questions over and over?

Seriously though, it is a good suggestion, as I have found some very good info with searches. :) In the early days I probably asked before searching a few times :(:confused::o

Oh wait it gets better

You get a set of steak knives with every repetitive question.

And then a special if you ask that question now and never respond further in that thread. A free upgrade! Yes ask a question but never revisit that thread and CC will upgrade you from a two inside to a two right outside!

Oh wait it gets better

You get a set of steak knives with every repetitive question.

And then a special if you ask that question now and never respond further in that thread. A free upgrade! Yes ask a question but never revisit that thread and CC will upgrade you from a two inside to a two right outside!

So what's the reward for starting a tipping thread or one on formal nights.

Or asking a question without giving enough information to let anyone give you a reasonable answer.

Let alone putting a title to a thread that gives no idea at all what it's about.

So what's the reward for starting a tipping thread or one on formal nights.

Or asking a question without giving enough information to let anyone give you a reasonable answer.

Let alone putting a title to a thread that gives no idea at all what it's about.

I can see you are a little confused.

There are no reasonable answers because you have no idea what its all about, ten posters agree with me on that.

As for tipping on formal nights, there is no need to wear a tie when tupping; and a tuxedo is just being a show off.

I know it's against the guidelines of this board to criticize spelling & grammar errors of posters; however, I suggest that everybody should be careful to spell correctly the keywords that would be used in the search tools such as ship names, port of calls, specialty restaurants, cruise companies, etc. especially if they are used in thread titles. If not, the search function doesn't work.

I hope I didn't offend anybody. :)

I think you hav an esselent pointe. absolllutely makes it difficcullt to serch for key words wen peeple r not spelleng things rite.

what is really funny is that CC is actually redlining all of my errors above. so its obvious i have spelling errors. dont know if the red lines show up on tablets tho....

ahhh...back to work for me.

I don't see the issue. This is where two wrongs make a right. Use the search, type in what you are searching for, spell corrector will change it and you will end up with the correct results. :D

happy cruising 🌊🇺🇸🚢🌞

Just remember to search for caribean, eklipse, milenium, blue, luminay, constelation, mirano, quesine and there should be no problem at all.

Did everybody suddenly turn into a grammar teacher? What's the big deal, if you can understand the intent of the poster? If a person can't understand the intent of the eight words listed above, they have a much bigger problem than spelling. We did a trivia quiz on the Celebrity Solstice and someone in our group wanted to mark an answer wrong because it was misspelled. We were playing for a lousy key chain.

Did everybody suddenly turn into a grammar teacher? What's the big deal, if you can understand the intent of the poster? If a person can't understand the intent of the eight words listed above, they have a much bigger problem than spelling. We did a trivia quiz on the Celebrity Solstice and someone in our group wanted to mark an answer wrong because it was misspelled. We were playing for a lousy key chain.

It was a joke. I thought it was funny. LOL :D:D:D

We have the tipping and dress police...why not the grammar police as well!

Isn't that the truth! :rolleyes: ... :D

I appreciate people taking their time to post. Their grammar and spelling is of no concern to me. :)

LuLu

Isn't that the truth! :rolleyes: ... :D

I appreciate people taking their time to post. Their grammar and spelling is of no concern to me. :)

LuLu

We can all mistakes, it's the text speak we need to avoid having on the boards.

I complained a couple years ago about the lack of longer edit times, as is common on most boards that I use (not travel related). The moderator replied that they did not want a writer to be able to go back and correct errors because the correction may make any replies that follow in the thread wrong also. That did not make much sense then and it still does not. This is not about plain spelling errors, but big errors in the actual content. Anyone can make mistakes, and even reread right over their own errors, I know that I do that often (think one thing, write something different, and then reread it wrong again).

As for spell checkers on smart devices, they can be a pain. I have mine always on to catch my poor spelling and typing, however, there are many times that even once all is correct that I have later found words changed long after I pass that sentence. As for Internet postings spell checkers, "Ginger" is OK, but it has a bad habit of correcting words that were typed as preferred.

Edited by sptrout

Just remember to search for caribean, eklipse, milenium, blue, luminay, constelation, mirano, quesine and there should be no problem at all.

Thank you Ghstudio. You understood my point concerning the use of the Search function.

I apologize to people who felt attacked or understood that my intention was to propose a grammar police for the main body of the posted messages and to argue about the use of words such as "speciality" or "specialty".

I assure everybody that I am not picky at all and fully able to read messages with some spelling mistakes. My point was only about some important keywords such as those mentioned by Ghstudio, especially in the thread titles. Of course, I will fully understand these messages but a message about Silhoutte or Eclispe will not show up if I do a Search with Silhouette or Eclipse.