QM2 in L.A.

Sirwinston

What an awesome picture and what a sight that must have been!! Truly amazing and how great you were able to get a shot and share with all of us. I've been trying to find a web cam that would show her at the dock but no luck. Am hopeful of seeing her on the web cam tomorrow at the historic meeting. Hope you'll be there and can share another photo with her fans on the other coast. Thank you again!!! Cheers, Penny

Awesome.... I just watched 2 different segments on our local news... She's massive.... I saw her in Ft. Lauderdale while leaving on a caribbean cruise and didn't think she was that big but wow...... amazing...... Can't wait for Saturday to see her and all the hoopla....

2898280200083698419xELWhh_ph.jpg

Queen Mary 2 in Ft. Lauderdale 2005

JustBuddy, are you coming to the Cruise Critics meetup in the Commodore Lounge on Monday, February 27 at 5 pm?

You should be able to meet SirWinston and many others there. If you want a nametag, pop over to our roll call to and jot down your first name and the first names of those (if any) cruising with you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=266290&page=8

thanks for the pic. i knew i could come here and find a pic of the arrival.

i wanted to see it but too early in the AM for me!

i DID stop by the port this afternoon and had a look from the Public Viewing Area. It was a fun time.

i would love to make it tothe official send off on saturday, but i am working :(

the news is showing the insides of the ship. wow. it is gorgeous!

Like SirWinston, we got up early to greet the QM2 upon her arrival. We headed for our secret viewing sight and arrived at about 4:30 a.m. to find about 20 cars and 30 to 50 people, plus 2 TV broadcast trucks. So much for secrets!

The Queen, who took a few minutes to turn around before backing up the channel, is awesome. I know some folks have dissed various things like service, the management, etc, but as a ship, she is magnificent. And I doubt if we'll ever see another one like her.

After a few minutes we stuck up a conversation with a spectator who turned out to be SirWinston! Small world. Or not. It seems there are a lot of cruise crazies in the world.

Having seen her, and expecting to watch her in Long Beach tomorrow, we are really stoked and can't wait until Saturday when we get to see her up close and personal for 11 days.

One side note: on the way back we stopped in Long Beach to check out possible viewing areas near Parker's Lighthouse, and saw a threesome staring toward the water. I asked if the were waiting for a ship. One of them said, "Yes, the Queen Mary." I told them she was already in port in San Pedro and that the Long Beach viewing was Thursday. Lots of long faces...:(

C'mon Saturday!

Well it was grand..... It was a great day.. About 70-75 degrees...... Beautiful.... Tons of people....... And emotional when the 2 Queens saluted each other....... Here's a photo until I get my online album going.........So glad I got to go.....

x8CdYS5DRJcsZG+GN8XY22g3F53yKL++0300.jpg

Thanks for the picture.

I wonder why they designed the balconies to be so far recessed in like that. If you are near the front or the back, that really cuts down on the angle of view you have. I don't think I would like that.

Theron

I wonder why they designed the balconies to be so far recessed in like that.

Theron,

By stepping back the superstructure they could go one deck higher and still maintain stability - and get an extra deck of higher revenue balconies, vs more inside cabins if the superstucture had been wider.

Peter

Theron,

By stepping back the superstructure they could go one deck higher and still maintain stability - and get an extra deck of higher revenue balconies, vs more inside cabins if the superstucture had been wider.

Peter

Ah, makes perfect $en$e! :)

Thanks,

Theron

Archived