Avoid Expedia and this hotel

Expedia offers a low price guarantee. That is right up until the time you try to claim it. They charged me twice the rate for the first night of a two night stay in Fort Lauderdale.

The Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort Hotel and suites is a one star hotel and advertised as a 3 star pm Expedia and Hotwire. Why because they are sister companies.

I am a frequent traveler to Ft. Lauderdale. Priceline it the night you get there. Expedia is a ripoff

Looking at reviews on Tripadvisor, I wouldn't book this place.

I have used Expedia a number of times & have even had them allow me to cancel a flight I made (within a few hours after making the booking) when I realized I had a work conflict. Cancel it with NO cancellation fees.

So did you find a lower price elsewhere & tried to get a price match?

• 2 months later...

I have used Expedia a number of times & have even had them allow me to cancel a flight I made (within a few hours after making the booking) when I realized I had a work conflict. Cancel it with NO cancellation fees.

FYI.....Regulations require full refund if canceling within 24 hours of booking airfare, regardless of who you book it through.

I will use those sites to FIND hotels..but I call the hotel directly and 99% of the time, get a great price! Ask the clerk at the hotel if there are any "specials"...some hotels offer reduced pricing which isn't avail. on the reservations site! That way, I have no 3td parties to deal with, and in most cases, you can cancel up to 4pm the day of arrival!

• 11 months later...

Were you able to speak with an English speaking agent? I've had no luck getting anyone who was understandable on their customer service lines.