car rental on Maui-what to do

TeanneTX

We are a group of 4 in our 60's. Fairly healthy but with the usual aches and pains. We are tendering in at Lahaina and will be there from 8am-6 pm. We are renting a car and wondering if we should try to do the road to Hana or go somewhere else. We'd love to see beautiful scenery and walk around. We're not into shopping or bar hopping. I'm a little worried about the Hana trip because I hear there is some road construction. Maybe just drive part way on the highway to Hana or drive somewhere else. Any suggestions?

Teanne

You definitely do not have time for the Road to Hana.

You drive over to Paia or go Upcountry to Pukalani, Kula and Makawao.

Maybe have lunch at Mama's Fish House or drive down to Wailea and have lunch at the Four Seasons or the Fairmont.

Your third time asking essentially the same questions. Here are the other two:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511365

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2510390

There is helpful info on those.

Yes thats true. But wanted to throw it out there again to see if I got any new info. Not trying to be redundant but there are so many options I wanted to see if there was anything new.

We have a overnight stop in Lahaina planning to rent a car on our first day and hit a beach TBD for some snorkeling and then stop by Costco for some shopping. I'll be 71 DW 60 something.

We have a overnight stop in Lahaina planning to rent a car on our first day and hit a beach TBD for some snorkeling and then stop by Costco for some shopping. I'll be 71 DW 60 something.

Just curious why Costco on Maui holds an attraction? Visitors who have rented condos like to go there to stock up on their meals and snacks, but (other than the nice cotton Aloha shirts) we can't see too much a cruise passenger would need from there.

Just curious why Costco on Maui holds an attraction? Visitors who have rented condos like to go there to stock up on their meals and snacks, but (other than the nice cotton Aloha shirts) we can't see too much a cruise passenger would need from there.

Apparently, Macadamia nuts and Hawaii coffee are much more reasonable at Costco. If I happened to be in the near vacinity with an hour to kill before returning to port, I might consider a stop. But, nothing to plan my day around, or go out of my way for. I'd much rather see Maui. Better for those at home to miss out on a few Mac nuts souvenirs than for me to go all the way to Maui to only see the inside of a Costco. ;)

Poke and a hot dog, duh :)

Apparently, Macadamia nuts and Hawaii coffee are much more reasonable at Costco. If I happened to be in the near vacinity with an hour to kill before returning to port, I might consider a stop. But, nothing to plan my day around, or go out of my way for. I'd much rather see Maui. Better for those at home to miss out on a few Mac nuts souvenirs than for me to go all the way to Maui to only see the inside of a Costco. ;)

More than Mac nuts. See the link below.

Made in Hawaii Eats