On What Deck Are The Lifeboats Located ?

mamaofami

I'm assuming, by your signature, you are asking about Explorer. The lifeboats are even with deck 5. You access them by deck 4. You will be able to see only a portion of the top of the lifeboats from your room. They are mostly tucked in. This is a view from a deck 6 balcony on Adventure (Explorer's sister ship):

1542823800080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

I'm assuming, by your signature, you are asking about Explorer. The lifeboats are even with deck 5. You access them by deck 4. You will be able to see only a portion of the top of the lifeboats from your room. They are mostly tucked in. This is a view from a deck 6 balcony on Adventure (Explorer's sister ship):

I have a questions and a comment. First my question how do you get a photo to show up in a reply like you did?

Now my comment, your photo shows very well what the view from deck 6 is. I always read peoples complaints that these are obstructed views and not advertised correctly. I think the only thing you can't see is where the water meets the ship. To call this an obstructed view is crazy. Sure the higher you are the better the view but that is true even in a hotel. Your photo gives everybody a great idea of what they get and this is the worse case (which in my opinion is pretty nice)!

Mike

I have a questions and a comment. First my question how do you get a photo to show up in a reply like you did?

Now my comment, your photo shows very well what the view from deck 6 is. I always read peoples complaints that these are obstructed views and not advertised correctly. I think the only thing you can't see is where the water meets the ship. To call this an obstructed view is crazy. Sure the higher you are the better the view but that is true even in a hotel. Your photo gives everybody a great idea of what they get and this is the worse case (which in my opinion is pretty nice)!

Mike

You are right. Obstructed views, in my opinion, is when something is hanging outside your window that you can't see past. There really is no such thing as an obstructed view cabin on the Voyager and Freedom class ships as the lifeboats are located outside of deck 5 which is the Royal Promenade.

I use Webshots for my on-line photo albums. If you use Webshots, there is a link on each picture labeled Link to it. You click that link, choose the photo size, then cut and paste the link to this thread. Other websites, like photobucket and snapfish, have similar options.

And yes, to call this view "obstructed" is just wrong. I could be wrong, but I don't think RCI labels them as such.

Mike

First of all, the picture must be hosted by a website somewhere. You can't just copy a photo from a file on your pc. This can be from any online photo album site (where you have uploaded photos to) or if its for a 'one off', something like www.tinypic.com will do.

Write your text in the normal way. When you want to insert the photo (which is best to have already on your desktop, but minimised so its out of the way) open the photo so it is showing on your pc. Right click on the photo and then left click on 'copy'. Go back to your text and right click in the appropriate place and left click on 'paste'. Your photo should appear...the website will sort out the correct url's and things. Once you've done it a couple of times, its like falling off a log!

Simon

Thank you to both for helping me to figure out how to post a link, here is me getting ready for my cruise on independence of the seas next week.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4047/4249473130_0a61736951_b.jpg

It seems to be appearing as a link but I will work on it.

Mike

The picture may only appear as a link but after opening it the point is quite clear!:D

Thanks, after you posted I edited it using tinypics.com and there it was.

Mike

Like I said Mike, do it once and its like falling off a log. You will love the Indy. Hopefully Joff Eaton is still CD. He was brilliant on the TransAtlantic in Nov....even the Americans liked him!!!

Simon

Archived