resort for a day

kunta67

Has anyone done the resort for the day at the Marriott Frenchman resort? I'll be coming in on Allure of the Seas, but there doesn't seem to be just a good relaxing beach trip through RCI.

Really no need to go with a resort pass or through the ship, just taxi to a beach that interests you after researching the options. This thread has some descriptions and ideas from different folks. If you want a day package the Best Western Emerald Beach Resort in Lindbergh Bay offers chair and other rentals and has an option to rent a room for the day as well.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1993432

Edited by blue_water

• 1 month later...

In your signature I saw that you have already completed your cruise and you did end up going to Marriott Frenchman's Reef in St Thomas. My husband and I are planning to do that through resortforaday.com and I was wondering if you thought it was worth it and if you did the "all inclusive" package. I sometimes get a little nervous booking things online through websites I have only recently discovered (due to my card numbers being stolen earlier this year). Did you use the website and find it to be legit? Thank you so much for your answer. Loved your review of your cruise.

In your signature I saw that you have already completed your cruise and you did end up going to Marriott Frenchman's Reef in St Thomas. My husband and I are planning to do that through resortforaday.com and I was wondering if you thought it was worth it and if you did the "all inclusive" package. I sometimes get a little nervous booking things online through websites I have only recently discovered (due to my card numbers being stolen earlier this year). Did you use the website and find it to be legit? Thank you so much for your answer. Loved your review of your cruise.

It was a pretty easy set-up although it was a little expensive. We did get a couple of drinks at the pool bar plus a lot of bottled water and diet pepsi's. The beach was nice and the infinity pools were pretty awesome especially with the gorgeous view. The website it legit and they'll send you an email after the fact asking your opinions on the hotel. It's a $8 pp taxi ride from Crown Bay to the Marriott. In my opinion it was worth the convenience to do it this way.

Thank you so much! It looked like a good deal to me (with drinks etc) and that's the kind of day we were looking to have in at Thomas. It's nice to know it worked out for you so we can go ahead and give it a try! Thank you so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The infinity pool and views are gorgeous! I don't think you can find better anywhere in the world.

Be sure to walk around the property so you can see views with different perspectives. There are harbor/town views, Hassel Island views, and ocean views. All are incredible.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Resort for a day is reputable. We use them in all the ports. The Marriott day pass does not include anything. I saw where you can book this hotel directly with the hotel or taxi over and get it for $35.

interested in booking directly with the hotel and skipping a middleman if possible. Do you have any further details? Do you call them, is there an email contact for the hotel?

We just used resort for a day this past week at the Marriott in st Thomas. The pool area was great and we had a great day. Regarding a previous poster's info that it does not include anything...there are two options: one with pool/beach access for $35 and one for $75 with drinks included. We used the drinks one and I tried several drinks. They were delicious. Lunch was not included but we bought lunch and it was also good. Regarding the question about distance from port it was only about a 10 minute ride. We felt the purchase was well worth it. Our only drawback was that I took my info I printed from "resort for a day" and Marriott said there should have been a confirmation number included but even though it wasn't in my paperwork or the email marriott honored it anyway. The pool area was really nice and the wifi worked at the pool! This was a nice bonus bc the very expensive ship "wifi" was very slow!

We just used resort for a day this past week at the Marriott in st Thomas. The pool area was great and we had a great day. Regarding a previous poster's info that it does not include anything...there are two options: one with pool/beach access for $35 and one for $75 with drinks included. We used the drinks one and I tried several drinks. They were delicious. Lunch was not included but we bought lunch and it was also good. Regarding the question about distance from port it was only about a 10 minute ride. We felt the purchase was well worth it. Our only drawback was that I took my info I printed from "resort for a day" and Marriott said there should have been a confirmation number included but even though it wasn't in my paperwork or the email marriott honored it anyway. The pool area was really nice and the wifi worked at the pool! This was a nice bonus bc the very expensive ship "wifi" was very slow!

Thanks this is great to hear. We are narrowing down our choices and leaning towards this. Just wish I could find a place to purchase for $35. Resort for a day is showing $65 each for the non drinks option.

Thanks this is great to hear. We are narrowing down our choices and leaning towards this. Just wish I could find a place to purchase for $35. Resort for a day is showing $65 each for the non drinks option.

That's the same price I'm seeing.

If a pool isn't important (you have that on the ship) just taxi to Sapphire or better yet Secret Harbor and enjoy the other amenities there. Beautiful beach and a good restaurant at SH, or a gorgeous beach and a couple food & drink choices at Sapphire. Another option is the Best Western Emerald Beacg hotel in Lindbergh Bay where you can also rent chairs and have drinks/snacks.

No need for a day pass.

If a pool isn't important (you have that on the ship) just taxi to Sapphire or better yet Secret Harbor and enjoy the other amenities there. Beautiful beach and a good restaurant at SH, or a gorgeous beach and a couple food & drink choices at Sapphire. Another option is the Best Western Emerald Beacg hotel in Lindbergh Bay where you can also rent chairs and have drinks/snacks.

No need for a day pass.

The day we are coming in there will be 6 cruise ships in port including Allure of the seas and NCL Breakaway so lots of people!

We have been to St. Thomas quite a few times but never with this many ships so we were just trying to come up with some things where it may not be such a zoo.

The day we are coming in there will be 6 cruise ships in port including Allure of the seas and NCL Breakaway so lots of people!

We have been to St. Thomas quite a few times but never with this many ships so we were just trying to come up with some things where it may not be such a zoo.

Aah, I see! One of our favorite choices on a busy port day is a daysail, even if we're nor snorkeling as that gets us away from the crowds all day. But for a beach day on a busy port day the day pass at Morningstar would be a good choice to have that "private" access.