Defence Force OBC question.

I am asking this question on behalf of my daughter who is currently away at sea on a lengthy deployment and is thinking of going on a cruise when she returns.

I have seen on other posts that ex members of the Defence Force are eligible to receive OBC on some cruise lines. Is that also for current serving personnel? I have tried to find information on the cruise line sites without success.

Thanks for any help.

Regards Elaine.

I am asking this question on behalf of my daughter who is currently away at sea on a lengthy deployment and is thinking of going on a cruise when she returns.

I have seen on other posts that ex members of the Defence Force are eligible to receive OBC on some cruise lines. Is that also for current serving personnel? I have tried to find information on the cruise line sites without success.

Thanks for any help.

Regards Elaine.

Check the Princess site - they do provide OBC for retired and serving Australian Defence force personnel.

I have received a $250 OBC for each of our last two cruises with Princess - the amount given depends on the length of your cruise and is most welcome.

Not sure if any other cruise lines in Australia do so but someone will know.

Hi Elaine

Carnival Australia recognised my national service time with the Army & gave me $50 OBC for our 5 night cruise & $100 OBC for our 11 night trip this year.:)

If your daughter cruises Carnival, the relevant email address is:

defencebenefits@carnivalaustralia.com

I gave them the booking number, cruise details & evidence of service.

Kind regards

Phil

P&O UK now offer OBC to former and serving BRITISH Armed Services personnel only. I did 3 years in the British Army 63-66, before emigrating to OZ in 66. Just applied to P&O UK for some Pommy OBC re my Aurora/Oriana cruises next year. I also served in the Australian Army and have got Princess OBC many times. Every bit helps, buys a few vinos.

I have received the Defence Benefit twice on P&O and it has been accepted for my upcoming cruise with Carnival in November. When submitting it, they don't always acknowledge that they have applied the OBC to your booking. You may have to keep on their case. For my last booking I sent 3 emails asking if they had received my application but received no replies. When I rang they would give me no details over the phone and advised me to call my travel agent.

Lesson learned: If you book through an agent, apply for your OBC through the agent. That way the TA can keep tabs on it for you.

Good luck

John

Hubby and I have both received the military OBC from P&O and Carnival and I know that Princess have it too. Just applied to Carnival for a cruise next June and Hubby got his straight away with a nice email from Carnival. Queried why I didn't receive mine and it was there almost immediately - with an email sent for confirmation. I have had to chase it up with P&O before though - they have credited it and just not sent me an email advising me. It is paid per military/ex military person (not cabin) and worked on the length (days) of the cruise. Better in our pockets than theirs!! As stated previously you just need to provide your booking number, cruise dates and proof of service -either current or past.

P&O UK now offer OBC to former and serving BRITISH Armed Services personnel only. I did 3 years in the British Army 63-66, before emigrating to OZ in 66. Just applied to P&O UK for some Pommy OBC re my Aurora/Oriana cruises next year. I also served in the Australian Army and have got Princess OBC many times. Every bit helps, buys a few vinos.

Uncle Les is not happy, P&O UK and P&O Australia have just refused to pay me British Military OBC, because the booking for Aurora/Oriana was made in Australia. It had to be we cannot book direct with P&O UK. So I am thinking of sending complaint to CEO of Carnival Australia and CEO Carnival UK, or perhaps Fair Trading. Nothing on P&O site re British Defence Benefits re Australian bookings not being eligible for OBC.

Uncle Les is not happy, P&O UK and P&O Australia have just refused to pay me British Military OBC, because the booking for Aurora/Oriana was made in Australia. It had to be we cannot book direct with P&O UK. So I am thinking of sending complaint to CEO of Carnival Australia and CEO Carnival UK, or perhaps Fair Trading. Nothing on P&O site re British Defence Benefits re Australian bookings not being eligible for OBC.

You said above you also served in the Australian Army.

If it's an Australian booking, see if you send that proof and that'll make them happy. I know you wrote about it for British personnel only, but worth a try in case it's broader.

Edited by The_Big_M

You said above you also served in the Australian Army.

If it's an Australian booking, see if you send that proof and that'll make them happy. I know you wrote about it for British personnel only, but worth a try in case it's broader.

Thanks all for your advice and support, I have fired off representations/complaint to David Dingle - CEO Carnival UK and Ann Sherry - CEO Carnival Australia. Stand by for incoming. I will let you know the results. I believe, again, Aussie cruisers are being discriminated against !!

Thanks all for your advice and support, I have fired off representations/complaint to David Dingle - CEO Carnival UK and Ann Sherry - CEO Carnival Australia. Stand by for incoming. I will let you know the results. I believe, again, Aussie cruisers are being discriminated against !!

Good luck.:D

Thanks Mic and Big M, got an E mail from David Dingle, CEO of Carnival UK today, he is on to it already.

Stand by.

Uncle Les is like a dog with a bone.

Edited by NSWP

Thanks Mic and Big M, got an E mail from David Dingle, CEO of Carnival UK today, he is on to it already.

Stand by.

Uncle Les is like a dog with a bone.

Good news today from Mr Dingle and Mr Rousham, Carnival/P&O UK, I got the British Military OBC in the end. All a mix up in the beginning, now got £170 for Aurora, £75 for Oriana, plus early booking OBC of £220 and £175 respectively. Nice little start to the cruises.

Thanks Carnival UK. So you ex Brits on here with Military service in UK booking a P&O UK cruise, go for it !!!

Edited by NSWP

i mentioned this to a friend of mine who has served and is booked with Princess, she didnt know about it,she rang Princess and they said it is only for balcony and higher suites not a window cabin that it applies too ??? I never saw anything like that on their website