5 to a room?

luvsviola

We are looking at our first family cruise for March/April 2014. I am looking for a cruise line that will allow all of us to be in one room. Does anyone besides Carnival do 5 to a room? Kids will be 7, 5, and 3.

Also, which lines are best for this age group? Disney is not in the budget, as fantastic as it would be.

I was looking at a 8 day cruise on Carnival. Is there enough to keep my kiddos busy for 8 days with kids this age?

Sailing out of Baltimore is a plus, but not a requirement. We live in Indianapolis, and will be driving to the port.

Hi when I called rccl they do have rooms that will accommodate 5 you just have to book them over the phone instead of online as for the kids programs both my boys say rccl we cruised carnival 3 x last year and one was bored and all the other seemed to do was play video games as they never really did the activities they said they would do hope this helps

Celebrity has lots of connecting cabins, so I would price that option. On the Solstice-class ships, the connecting cabins connect through a sort of vestibule so there is just one door going out to the hallway. My kids always enjoyed the Fun Factory (my youngest is turning 12 so now too old for the Fun Factory, boo hoo) and they do a very good job with the 3-7 age group. Also, Celebrity is running a great promo called the 1,2,3 Go promotion now through Jan. 27.

We are looking at our first family cruise for March/April 2014. I am looking for a cruise line that will allow all of us to be in one room. Does anyone besides Carnival do 5 to a room? Kids will be 7, 5, and 3.

Also, which lines are best for this age group? Disney is not in the budget, as fantastic as it would be.

I was looking at a 8 day cruise on Carnival. Is there enough to keep my kiddos busy for 8 days with kids this age?

Sailing out of Baltimore is a plus, but not a requirement. We live in Indianapolis, and will be driving to the port.

We are doing connecting OV rooms on Carnival Freedom for the 5 of us.

I went ahead and book the Oceanview room on Carnival. It ended up to be pretty cheap for the 5 of us, and when my kids saw the bunks they got all excited. We are going March 29, 2014 on Dream, so I have awhile to obsess over our excursions now. :)

My son is a pretty savvy 12 year old cruiser at this point and we just returned from Royal Caribbean and much prefers Celebrity. Celebrity (April-Oct)sails out of Bayonne, NJ and NCL year round (New York) are also in driving distance.

I had never thought of celebrity for kids! How are their prices compared to other lines? My kids will be 14, 10 and 6 next time we cruise and we have been on DCL and RCCL in the past.

I had never thought of celebrity for kids! How are their prices compared to other lines? My kids will be 14, 10 and 6 next time we cruise and we have been on DCL and RCCL in the past.

I think Celebrity's prices are pretty reasonable. They are a little more than Royal Caribbean and a lot less than Disney.

I think Celebrity's prices are pretty reasonable. They are a little more than Royal Caribbean and a lot less than Disney.

Thanks! When we cruised on DCL we had dirt cheap prices...back in May 2009 we got 2 connecting inside for our 7 night west. carib. for $2900 for 5 of us! Then on the Dream we only paid $1800 for 2 insides for 4 nights...so we're a bit spoiled!:D

I went ahead and book the Oceanview room on Carnival. It ended up to be pretty cheap for the 5 of us, and when my kids saw the bunks they got all excited. We are going March 29, 2014 on Dream, so I have awhile to obsess over our excursions now. :)

This is a very cool looking cabin :D We are a family of 10 and considered 2 adjoining OV, but went for 3 cabins instead. We wound up getting 2 spa insides and a lido inside and spent $60 less (total) than the 2 Oceanviews. We wound up upgrading the spa double to a balcony across the hall from the inside. This was a huge plus for us since 4 of us planned on buying a spa pass for the week anyways.

Archived