Is there a site to see all available cabins, not just the 10 Carnival shows?

mjrich73

If you really have a trip planned that would book 10 cabins, you may want to consider talking to Carnival's group department.

:D I only need one cabin, but I want to have the option of choosing between all available cabins in my category...not just the 10 Carnival's website chooses to show available at the time.

Sorry- there is no site that will show you everything that is available. Its all cruiselines not just carnival.

This is where you need to speak to an agent- and have the deck plan open in front of you.

the above site- is only a cruise agency and it shows the deck plan= not whats available.

Sorry- there is no site that will show you everything that is available. Its all cruiselines not just carnival.

This is where you need to speak to an agent- and have the deck plan open in front of you.

the above site- is only a cruise agency and it shows the deck plan= not whats available.

If you chose a specific sailing and a cabin category it will show you all available cabins at that time...did it many times

If you chose a specific sailing and a cabin category it will show you all available cabins at that time...did it many times

oups..

you were right, they only show 10 cabins at the time (on each deck), we always book aft balconies and wrap balconies, that is why they were all showing...still a nice site tough since you can see the different decks to chose your location.

:D I only need one cabin, but I want to have the option of choosing between all available cabins in my category...not just the 10 Carnival's website chooses to show available at the time.

I get on line, then call my pvp and she tells me what is available. I then can see where the rooms are and make my decison.

There is no site that I know of that lists all available cabins. Even Carnival's TA site just lists a maximum of 10 per category. If you want to see if specific cabins are available, you have to enter each cabin number. The decision to do this is so that no one (other cruiselines and customers) can see how many cabins are unsold.

Seems on Carnival this is true, but not with others such as Royal Caribbean. I use a sight that shows as many as 30 available cabins in any one category

Total availability on any cruise line is simply not open to the public. It is considered protected information.

The only ones who can see that are the reservation agents of the company and those private agencies that sell only one cruise line.....

No company wants "the other guy" to know what their inventory looks like.....

just have the deck plans open and when you get to the point of choosing the cabin if you go to the bottom of the list it will ask if you prefer a specific cabin...and since you have the deck plans open...just put in the cabin you like and see if it available.

Reading these boards has got me..and I am a seasoned traveler/cruiser a little nuts...:D...so I have actually taken to making shadow bookings and then inputting The cabin that I made my deposit on....just to make sure it wasn't available to anyone else:eek:

silly me...we have never ever had any issues with this kind of nonsense...but the posts here have me fearing for the worst:D

just have the deck plans open and when you get to the point of choosing the cabin if you go to the bottom of the list it will ask if you prefer a specific cabin...and since you have the deck plans open...just put in the cabin you like and see if it available.

:D

Are you talking about on Carnival's website? If so, I must be blind. I don't see an option for that on my booking page. Help please!

Are you talking about on Carnival's website? If so, I must be blind. I don't see an option for that on my booking page. Help please!

I just checked on both CCL website and again on the online booking travel sites and you are right it looks as though you can no longer do it...but I assure you that I have done it...so they must have changed it.

so on to plan B...do not book thru the cruiseline...get that deck plan open again and find a cabin you want......then get on the horn with a well known cruise online TA..sorry but I can't mention the name of course.....but snoop around you will find it......and then look for their deals and while they can't undercut CCL any longer...then can tell you what cabins are available..and you can ask them for a specific one...they can and do give OBC's..when CCL wont... and the may even throw in a bottle or 2 of sscrewtop wine...which I am personally a fan of because it is fairly good and my online guy is giving us 2!!!

Sorry about the misinformation and good luck.

Seems on Carnival this is true, but not with others such as Royal Caribbean. I use a sight that shows as many as 30 available cabins in any one category

They may be showing you 30 cabins at a time...but not complete availability. No cruise line shows that information.

It's proprietary info and only the cruise line has access to "last cabin" availability.

Reading these boards has got me..and I am a seasoned traveler/cruiser a little nuts...:D...so I have actually taken to making shadow bookings and then inputting The cabin that I made my deposit on....just to make sure it wasn't available to anyone else:eek:

silly me...we have never ever had any issues with this kind of nonsense...but the posts here have me fearing for the worst:D

carnival changed their web site a few months ago- it really is NOT user friendly any longer

Archived