Three nights at the Steakhouse too many?

Kobayashi

I'll be sailing on a 7 night cruise in less than a month. I've reserved a table at the steakhouse on the third night (non-elegant night) and last night. I'll be dining in the MDR on the two elegant nights. Looking at the menu and reading all the positive reviews about the steakhouse I wanted to schedule two nights. I'm now considering three nights but was wondering if this is too many nights? Is the food that much better than the MDR for three nights? Can one order more than one entree like the MDR? I'm a solo cruiser and my next sail date won't be until next spring/early summer so wanted to take this opportunity to enjoy the steakhouse. I don't drink alcohol so the first night free wine offer isn't a factor. Thanks for any input!

I'll be sailing on a 7 night cruise in less than a month. I've reserved a table at the steakhouse on the third night (non-elegant night) and last night. I'll be dining in the MDR on the two elegant nights. Looking at the menu and reading all the positive reviews about the steakhouse I wanted to schedule two nights. I'm now considering three nights but was wondering if this is too many nights? Is the food that much better than the MDR for three nights? Can one order more than one entree like the MDR? I'm a solo cruiser and my next sail date won't be until next spring/early summer so wanted to take this opportunity to enjoy the steakhouse. I don't drink alcohol so the first night free wine offer isn't a factor. Thanks for any input!

$20 for extra entree. Order as many appetizers or sides as you like.

You can only order one entree, but by the end of dinner you will be stuffed. Personally, we did it once and that was enough. I don't think its worth $35 more than going to the MDR for three times. Plus now you can order off the steakhouse menu in the MDR for $20, if that's what you want. It is really up to you. My opinion, I'd do it just once.

No such thing as too many nights in the steak house.

First of all, regarding the 20.00 MDR entree from the steakhouse versus the 35.00 full monty....IMHO, there is no comparison. Besides the atmosphere, for the extra 15.00, you get the Amuse Bouche, jumbo shrimp cocktail, lobster bisque, whole leaf caesar salad and dessert. The worst part of the meal I think is the dessert. I personally like the Bitter n Blanc or the Grand Marnier Souffle from the MDR better.

You did choose the best two evenings to go though. The 3rd night is after formal night (cruise elegant night) and is usually the worst meal of the week and I can't think of a better way to end your cruise than enjoying it in the Steakhouse. Hopefully with someone that you met during the week so that your reservation can be changed from 1 to 2. ;)

There are enough menu choices that you could eat there every night if you wanted. There are other options besides eating steak every night. However, I definitely would order the shrimp cocktail every night.

We took a Royal Caribbean cruise last month and only ate in the MDR one night. We had over $500 in charges for the specialty restaurants.

I'm now considering three nights but was wondering if this is too many nights? Is the food that much better than the MDR for three nights?

I would do three nights if I could afford to! I love the lobster, the steak, and the appetizers. But the one time DH and I have done it so far, we were so full after that we could barely walk! I do not recommend two entrees!

Have fun!

Hi Kobayashi :)

Yes, the food in the steakhouse is considerably better than the MDR.

No, three meals in the steakhouse is not too many.

There are numerous mouthwatering items on the menu to choose

from.

In regards to my wife & I, we like to have our meals in a specialty

restaurant during elegant / formal evenings, no matter what cruise

line we are sailing.

Far better atmosphere, and superior food.

Our last cruise on Carnival, we were aboard the Splendor. A 16-day

voyage. We had 5 meals in the Pinnacle Steakhouse & one Chef table

dinner.

Bon appétit and have a terrific voyage!

:)

We ate at the Steakhouse 6 nights and was great each night. I'm not a huge steak eater and found plenty of tasty food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by skiwee

In the past, I've booked the steakhouse for three nights, but never make it more than once. We have also tried booking two nights and still only go once. We've always think we'd like to eat there more than once, but just can't do it. As the cruise goes on, the over abundance of food starts to get to us and we don't bother. It's just too much food. We always have those have big plans but they never pan out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't think one should make more than two advance reservations for a 7 nt cruise so that everyone has the opportunity to try it. If you enjoy the steakhouse much more than the MDR you could make another reservation while on board. I personally think once is enough since the MDR is almost as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think one should make more than two advance reservations for a 7 nt cruise so that everyone has the opportunity to try it. If you enjoy the steakhouse much more than the MDR you could make another reservation while on board. I personally think once is enough since the MDR is almost as good.

When we went to the steak house 6 times in one cruise it was never crowded. There may have been 3 other couples there. We didn't like the MDR at all.

Huh? I've never been on a cruise where the steakhouse sells out. They almost beg for passengers to make reservations.

My experience is limited to the first night (free wine night on Carnival) and it has been pretty full. It seems I stand corrected about having to limit advance reservations.

When we went to the steak house 6 times in one cruise it was never crowded. There may have been 3 other couples there. We didn't like the MDR at all.

Going to the specialty restaurants on Carnival is the only way to go!

Steakhouse is great but I found second time I did it on a 7 night cruise I was a little set back on time because it does take longer. First nite was greatt but for me coughing up too much time to cuts back on the fun.

The last time we sailed Carnival was for 6 nights on the Breeze last year in January. We ate in the MDR for the first night as well as the 2 cruise elegant nights. We dined in the Fahrenheit Steakhouse on night 3 and the Cucina del Capitano on nights 4 and 6. We felt that the Cucina was a great value for only 12.00, especially with the risotto balls for an app and the short ribs for an entree.

I typically book the steakhouse 3 or 4 nights. They have a decent selection and the bread, apps and service (in addition to the entrees) are worth the price of admission. The desserts leave a bit to be desired. I tend to stick with the ice cream. You won't regret it.

Enjoy!