Do they Link Guarantee Rooms

lorideco

I have booked two rooms for my family. I have a penthouse suite for a group of five and then I have a guarantee balcony for my 17 year old daughter and her friend. Do they link the rooms together and try to put them together or a guarantee is wherever they want. I don't care if my daughter is on the same deck, I am just wondering. I don't see her the whole cruise anyway.

Carnivsl Victory 8/28/04

Yes, they do. My son just booked a guarantee OV, and his friend did the same. They were assured by the Carnival PVP that they would stay 'linked', no matter where they ended up. She said it may not be right next door, but would definitely be within the same area of the same deck.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> She said it may not be right next door, but would definitely be within the same area of the same deck.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has never happened for any of our cruises despite bookings being linked. We have had cabins at different ends of the ship and different floors. If cabin type GTY's are the same, it may be the case. But with different category cabin GTY's, it may be impossible to keep them close. And I would not want linked bookings to have such contraints either. With people under different cabin category GTY's, it would only limit opportunities for best upgrades.

<html>

<head>

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<font color="#FF0000">Grand Princess 2-2001</font>

<font color="#0000FF">Grand Princess 12-2001</font>

<font color="#FF8000">Carnival Paradise 3-2002</font>

<font color="#FF00FF">Carnival Destiny 10-2002</font>

<font color="#008000">Golden Princess 10-2003</font>

<font color="#0000A0">Carnival Legend 6-8-2004</font>

dice.gif

</body>

</html>

OK. I guess, since they both booked OV guarantee cabins, they'll stay linked like the PVP said.

I know in September, I was booked in a 5A, and a friend decided she wanted to go, so we booked her in a 1A. The PVP 'linked' the bookings, and my friend ended up in a cabin directly across the hall from me.

Also - later when I found something that gave me a shipboard credit, my friend got the same credit for her cabin - just because our bookings were linked. icon_smile.gif

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

In our case they did keep those of us that booked a 6A GTY together. We had 5 rooms all in a row. Those that booked an 8A GTY were together several floors up from us. We have a large group booked (24 of us) all GTY for the Glory. We are hoping that we are kept together this time. If not it's really not a big deal since we have no minors to worry about.

When we booked our first cruise we did a gauarantee. For 6 cabins we were scattered all over the deck.

But make sure that your booking numbers are linked so you can at least do dinner together. Thats more important.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Archived