Help with cabin on Marina

mykra

We are booked on Marina, cabin 7025 , for August Baltic Cruise. Just realized this room is across from laundry. Should I be concerned about noise level from people in & out? How good are my chances of getting a cabin change 3 months out?

We are booked on Marina, cabin 7025 , for August Baltic Cruise. Just realized this room is across from laundry. Should I be concerned about noise level from people in & out? How good are my chances of getting a cabin change 3 months out?

You could always ask what other cabins are available

I believe the entrance to the laundry room is on the Port side across from 7024 though

Even if the entrance were on OP's side I doubt that it would matter. The machines are down a short hallway and then you turn into another room. Yes, if people are inconsiderate and let the door slam behind them when they enter the area you MIGHT hear that ... we never heard anything when we were opposite the laundry room on Regatta (back in Renaissance days) -- which doesn't have that short hallway, you are just right inside the laundry room. BUT I will admit that recently people have said they DID hear noise ...

Maybe the difference is that our experience was in late 1999!

Mura

Interesting. We haven't been on Riviera yet, although we will be next May. But we also haven't used the Deck 7 laundry! We've been on Decks 9, 10 and 11 on Marina so far.

But I also did assume it was the same on all levels. My bad.

Mura

Lyn is correct, the entrance is on the port side of the ship.

I just got off of Marina, was in 7008. Never heard noise as I walked past the laundry room, and there was a machine available every time I needed one...all 6 times!

Hi,

My Wife and I are going to be on the Marina in 2 weeks. We are in 7008 and my Sisters and their spouses in 7006 and 7004. We're getting pretty excited. Do you have any pictures of the room and the balcony ? I've heard the balcony is very large compared to the Marina's normal balconies. Is that true like 115 sq ft compared to the normal balconies of around 50 sq ft. ? Anyway, if you have some pictures you can post that would be great ! Or e-mail them to me at daveispar@comcast.net

How did you like the ship and the cruise .

Thanks,

Dave & Lee

Hi,

My Wife and I are going to be on the Marina in 2 weeks. We are in 7008 and my Sisters and their spouses in 7006 and 7004. We're getting pretty excited. Do you have any pictures of the room and the balcony ?

Dave & Lee

If you put the cabin number in the Search this forum on the main page you will come up with some photos

Yes they are deeper (door to railing)

There are photos of Riviera (sister ship)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/veranda-stateroom-311081/

All A,B C cabins are the same

enjoy