Curacao beach drive times

Mich3

After much reading (on CC, TA, and more), I am in the final stages of planning our time in Curacao. I am leaning toward the rental car (had been trying to decide between that or hiring a driver after arrival).

Our thoughts are to go for a drive toward the NW tip, and work our way back with stops for photos, etc. Depending on the time it takes, we may spend some time closer to the port at Playa Porto Mari or Blue Bay/Bauwbaai (I assume this is the same place, as is Cas Abao/Kas Abou--I have found different spellings for both).

I cannot find any information for the drive times to some of the areas, and I hope someone here can help me. Can anyone give me an estimate of the drive time to Playa Abou and Boca Santa Cruz/Captain Goodlife's Beach Hut? I am trying to decide how far we might be able to go. The only drive times I could find, which sounds kind of contradictory, are: 30 - 40 minutes to Cas Abao, and 35 - 45 minutes to Playa Porto Mari.

I read that Captain Goodlife is kind of a legend, although I could not find any information beyond that. We like unique experiences, so if anyone has other anything else to share, please do! Thanks ~ :)

Archived