Heathrow Airport and ATM

margord

I am not sure where we are arriving, We are flying on US Air, does that tell you anything?

Marilee

We are flying US Airways from Philadelphia to Heathrow in August. I believe they use Terminal 1 at Heathrow.

Plenty of machines once you leave baggage claim, and a couple in the baggage area IIRC. Look for the pictogram of a hand holding a note with a GBP symbol. If you have to ask someone, ask for a cash point rather than an ATM. Make sure you know your pin as a four digit number.

J

I am not sure where we are arriving, We are flying on US Air, does that tell you anything?
Terminal 1.

After collecting your baggage and exiting through Customs, you will end up in the international arrivals greeting area. There is a coffee shop on your left. The nearest cash machines are to your right. IIRC, there's a bank of two, three or four of them, provided by different banks. All of them are "proper" bank ATMs rather than privately-owned machines, so none of them should impose any extra charges or fees on you.

The only caveat to this is that there is a lot of building work going on in T1 at the moment, so if the area has been remodelled or is being worked on the machines may have been moved or become inaccessible. But if that is the case and the location of ATMs is not obvious, go to the airport information desk in the same greeting area and ask where the nearest ATMs are.

Terminal 1.

After collecting your baggage and exiting through Customs, you will end up in the international arrivals greeting area. There is a coffee shop on your left. The nearest cash machines are to your right. IIRC, there's a bank of two, three or four of them, provided by different banks. All of them are "proper" bank ATMs rather than privately-owned machines, so none of them should impose any extra charges or fees on you.

The only caveat to this is that there is a lot of building work going on in T1 at the moment, so if the area has been remodelled or is being worked on the machines may have been moved or become inaccessible. But if that is the case and the location of ATMs is not obvious, go to the airport information desk in the same greeting area and ask where the nearest ATMs are.

Great information, thank you.

Marilee

As other have said, there are plenty but it may be worth picking one that has a minimum fee with your bank. I always use my Credit Union Card which does not charge an extra fee for cash withdrawals.

Cheers

Good advice, thanks.

Archived