Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Ask a Cruise Question

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Ask a Cruise Question Post your general cruise questions here.

Old March 24th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Cool Cruiser

Red face Where is best Cabin Location on Freedom of the Seas

Hi

Myself husband and 16 year old son are sailing on the Freedom of the Seas July 2014 its our first time could anyone suggest which type of cabin and the best location to book I have had a look at the ship plans and read reviews but there is so many options its just getting to confusing.

Old March 24th, 2013, 09:27 AM
50,000+ Club

Welcome to cruise critic. It would be best to post this on the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line Board.

Keith

Old March 24th, 2013, 11:34 AM
10,000+ Club

I agree with Keith (as usual), the best place for some reading would be the RCI board.

"Best" is so subjective. Many would expect the top Suite or Penthouse to be the "best". Of course, it is also the most expensive. Are you talking "best" if you worrying about movement of the ship? Closest to food, or to the pool? So many criteria for "best".

Last edited by CruiserBruce; March 24th, 2013 at 11:35 AM.

Old March 25th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Personal Preference

This will get you a lot of different answers many based on personal preference. If you were to ask me I would say an aft suite because that is all my wife and I cruise in. If you ask someone very prone to motion sickness they would likely tell you midship on a lower deck as that is where you feel the least motion. Ask someone who wants to save some money so they can cruise more often and you might get told the cheapest inside cabin available. For a first cruise a midship balcony is probably a safe choice.