Balcony Cabins on Azura

macren

Hi we are booking a cruise for next Jan on Azura and looking at GC grade cabins on C deck my oh has now had a look at B deck same grade but the ones at the back of the ship not sure about those ,my question would be has anyone used those cabins and are they in a decent spot ? he never bothers looking at cabins now i dont know which one to go for they are same price so thats not an issue :)

Hi we were in an aft suite that had two beams running through the balcony, wasn't too much of a problem for us as the balcony was huge but it may make a difference in a normal size cabin. I think the aft balconies are slightly deeper than others but not sure if they are bigger than the c deck ones as have heard they are the best ones. I'd check to make sure which cabins on b deck are affected with the beam first. We loved our aft suite. :) you get more rocking than mid ship but it helped us sleep :D

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

Hi we are booking a cruise for next Jan on Azura and looking at GC grade cabins on C deck my oh has now had a look at B deck same grade but the ones at the back of the ship not sure about those ,my question would be has anyone used those cabins and are they in a decent spot ? he never bothers looking at cabins now i dont know which one to go for they are same price so thats not an issue :)

I have just returned from the New Year cruise on the Azura, it was fantastic! I booked a GE Getaway and was allocated a GC cabin on B deck at the back, B706, no problem at all even thought it was next to the lifts we never heard a thing. You do feel a little more motion of the ocean, although it helps me sleep.

No doubts. C deck must be your choice. The balconies are impresive. You will enjoy your cruise for sure.

The biggest problem with the 'exposed' balconies on C deck and D deck is the bird's mess. It's like tar and is impossible to remove. The smokers on balconies above also used to cause a problem, with ash falling from above; but I think P&O recently banned smoking on balconies, so that particular issue won't be a problem now.

C deck balconies are half under cover and half exposed...so if you did get a problem with bird muck (we didn't) then it would only be on the outer half !!:)

Quite agree. We have travelled on C deck balconies on about 15 cruises we love the fact they are huge, half covered and have never had an issue with bird muck either.

C deck balconies are half under cover and half exposed...so if you did get a problem with bird muck (we didn't) then it would only be on the outer half !!:)

Ooh that's interesting. We're just about to book another Azura cruise, and I was adamant that I would only go for B deck. Your helpful post has opened up other options. Thanks !

We had a D deck balcony-cabin on Azura last year. We loved it and had no problems with bird droppings or cigarettes. In fact we've booked D deck again this year. The cabins are a really good size and well fitted out and we had plenty of room on the balcony.

Some while ago I posted this resource page on my blog, about balconies on Ventura and Azura. Hope it's useful.

Thank you Tom. I came across the Sassoli-Walker picture of Azura following a Google search last week, as I was determined to have some balcony privacy. Having studied it closely, I booked B749 (starboard aft, no stanchion), and was rather pleased with this location. The room maybe a little smaller, but in the Caribbean I tend to be out in the sun! Your blog has served to endorse my choice. Very well-informed and helpful.

If you book a C-deck grade balcony for the large size then you MUST ensure you opt for no upgrade.

A move from C-aft to Riviera, A or B midships is an upgrade.

If you need total shade then go for R or A. If you want partial shade and open then go for C - you can sit under cover during light rain or in the sun as you wish.

If you want a fully exposed balcony go for D - bigger than R, A or B, and they provide an umbrella :)

Hi lindyloo200 the Lido deck balcony cabins are just as good as elsewhere, we were in L247 two years there are only drawers in the bedside cabinets two per side in a normal standard cabin,however there are plenty of shelves for storage purposes.L deck cabins are handy for the pools and the spa area the only drawback is you can get some noise in the morning when the deck crew are arranging the sun beds etc,it did not put us off as we are in L231 on Ventura at the end of February.

Have an enjoyable cruise.