Your Time Dining....?

pearose

Coevan has it exactly right. If using the same dining room the regulars vs.the YTDs would need to be separated. Especially if the YTDs are going to request the same "favorite" waiter. Mixing them would also create mayhem with the Carnival Dog'n'Pony show usually occurring at desert time (depending on how efficient your waiters are).

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

This will be our first experience with YTD. Always before we have selected and gotten early seating except once. When we arrived we had late seating and decided to give it a try. HATED it. It was just too late for us. However last time the 5:45 time made us feel rushed, so I think we will enjoy YTD. There are 6 of us, so probably will have a table just to ourselves, which we prefer anyway. The only down side I can see is not having the same wait staff every night, which I have always enjoyed, but as others have pointed out, if we get a good one we can request them if we want a little bit of a wait.

The other down side, is something no one has yet mentioned. The wait staff entertainment. They probably don't do that during YTD, which I can understand why. I know it's a little hokey and a lot of people have said they don't like it and wish they would stop, but we've always enjoyed it. But I think the flexibility outweighs that anyway, so I'm sure we'll survive! :D

The other down side, is something no one has yet mentioned. The wait staff entertainment. They probably don't do that during YTD, which I can understand why. I know it's a little hokey and a lot of people have said they don't like it and wish they would stop, but we've always enjoyed it. But I think the flexibility outweighs that anyway, so I'm sure we'll survive! :D

(emphasis mine)

Yes, they do do that during YTD - at least on the cruises I've been on. It's performed between 7 and 7:30 for the standard 5:45-9:30 YTD dining hours. There might actually be a second show around 9, but I can't confirm this, since I've never been in the dining room that late.

We tried YTD on our last cruise, and loved the flexibility.

The pink slip thing is only on the Vista. It's done differently on that ship because they are trying out something, to give Platinums and Diamonds priority seating.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is exactly what I have been reading and called Carnival. That is the answer they gave me.

Fixed dining options always seem to clash with what wanted to do when we still wanted to eat in the MDR. Plus there's the dread of who are we getting stuck with, or in my case who is getting stuck w me! :D;)

FWIW typically all we want to do at night results in just a lido run, eat them victuals quick and get the night's festivities done.

• 2 weeks later...

This was our first time with YTD. We had it once on Princess and it was a disaster. We just go off the Inspiration on Friday. The YTD worked out well. We never had a wait to have a table no matter what time we went. The first night we had a table for two. The next a table for four and we asked to share which went great. The last two night we had a table for 8 and had great company.

It was nice not having to rush to get ready, Early always seems so rushed and late is way to late for us and our needs. So we felt good about our experience with YTD.

However, service was horrid throughout the trip. The first night we had a full team and it was still a bit slow. We never had a full team after that. The last night we had a waitress that had to do everything for three tables. Worse service ever.