NCL | Epic | May 6th Barcelona | Any gay boys??

hkpuipui99

Fellow gay here, but I'm traveling with my family and we won't spend much time onboard with our whirlwind touring schedule. I'll try to stop by the LGBT Meet & Greet if they hold on the sea day though!

Same here actually, with all the excursions I feel like I'll be off the ship more than on!

Are you doing any of the romeinlimo tours organized over on the roll call boards?

Same here actually, with all the excursions I feel like I'll be off the ship more than on!

Are you doing any of the romeinlimo tours organized over on the roll call boards?

Yep! Organized one for Livorno and found another group of 4 from the group boarding in Rome. The other ports we are braving on our own. How about you?

I'm doing Romeinlimo for all the stops in Italy... too many sights to see to attempt on my own...

For Cannes I'm just gonna take the train to Nice. For Marseille I'll take the train to Aix-en-Provence. So if you see an Asian guy walking around with a Rick Steves guidebook come say hi! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Can you believe it will be less than 2 weeks before we're onboard?!

There was another roll call posted by a gay couple that said they were looking for other couples. I thought it was extremely strange - what do they have against single people? Of course, they never posted again, so strange.

Can you believe it will be less than 2 weeks before we're onboard?!

There was another roll call posted by a gay couple that said they were looking for other couples. I thought it was extremely strange - what do they have against single people? Of course, they never posted again, so strange.

Haha really? I missed it! Maybe they didn't know there are studios on the ship? :-D

Hey! I did the Epic in the Mediterranean for my honeymoon last year. Was just lurking around saw your notes. Be careful with doing Rome on your own. Last October my husband and I took the train on our own and spent a few hours in Rome. I would advise against it. It took a really long time to get to Rome, then when you get there you have to Metro. By the time you get to Rome a lot of the major sites will be crowded due to the travel time.

So if you do decide to DIY in Rome, get off the ship AS EARLY as possible, catch the first train you can, plan very well and have your Metro routes mapped out. Also, give yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship. I wanted to visit the Roman Forum but it was so packed and the guided audio-tours in English were all sold out. We ended up walking around Rome, seeing the Spanish steps, neighborhoods, grabbing some pizza - more relaxing day. We had been to Rome a couple years ago and traveled it pretty extensively, so we figured we could take it easier this time.

Hope this helps! Happy travels. Epic is the best :)

-aj

FtWCarMan - Sound like you'll be getting on the ship tomorrow! I'll do my best to show up at the LGBT gathering and say hi!

Martin - Welcome, glad you got a good deal! We started out booked for an inside and then the price dropped so much after final payment that we asked for a balcony upgrade and got it! Sounds like the cruise lines are having lots of trouble selling the Europe cruises right now, so the deals are great!

teacher_md - Thanks for the advice! My family and I are planning on doing Rome on our own, but I have the day planned out, including advance purchase of Vatican tix. Fingers crossed the trains are on schedule!

We leave on Thursday to fly to Barcelona for a couple sightseeing days pre-cruise. Can't wait! :D

We arrived in Barcelona yesterday and were able to see Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell before a nice swim at the hotel and then crashing. Hope everyone else has arrived safely as well. Cannot wait to board the cruise tomorrow!

Well, first time poster and first time discovering this posting site...I know, I couldnt believe it either. First, we are sailing this time on Epic out of Rome on the 9th. I know some of the Barc people will still be on for Florence and France. To all that have posted concerning this trip, please let me hear how the gay life was on this ship. This is the 3rd ncl for us(oh yes, Us is couple that have been together for almost 30 years...Yes 2 'tired old gray Q____s' We have been traveling for many years, but only cruising for 8-10 yrs. This is the 3 Med. cruise in so many years. Anyone going on this sailing , couples or singles, please feel free to contact..thanks, Steve and Lee...I will stop now in order to read and try to continue just how this whole thing works..:rolleyes:

Well, first time poster and first time discovering this posting site...I know, I couldnt believe it either. First, we are sailing this time on Epic out of Rome on the 9th. I know some of the Barc people will still be on for Florence and France. To all that have posted concerning this trip, please let me hear how the gay life was on this ship. This is the 3rd ncl for us(oh yes, Us is couple that have been together for almost 30 years...Yes 2 'tired old gray s'We have been traveling for many years, but only cruising for 8-10 yrs. This is the 3 Med. cruise in so many years. Anyone going on this sailing , couples or singles, please feel free to contact..thanks, Steve and Lee...I will stop now in order to read and try to continue just how this whole thing works..:rolleyes:

Well, just got back to NYC yesterday and I'm exhausted! I think going back to work, I'll actually get MORE sleep than on the cruise! I stopped by Shaker's for 3 of the FOD meetings and only the one on the first night did anyone show up, although the NJ couple (sorry, forgot names) did stop by one of the nights I was there before their dinner reservation. It was nice meeting people although there wasn't much time to socialize on the ship with so many ports. We had a good time, but I think the next time I visit Europe, it won't be by cruise - too stressful trying to see the major sites in a few hours. It was definitely a nice way to "sample" the cities though and figure out which ones I'd like to return to!

Hope everyone else had a great time!

• 11 months later...
Well, just got back to NYC yesterday and I'm exhausted! I think going back to work, I'll actually get MORE sleep than on the cruise! ... We had a good time, but I think the next time I visit Europe, it won't be by cruise - too stressful trying to see the major sites in a few hours. It was definitely a nice way to "sample" the cities though and figure out which ones I'd like to return to! ...

Just had to comment on this as we are onboard in Marseille, refusing to get off the boat, after three exhausting and stressful days of trying to make connections, a cancelled schedule and another metro that was 25 mins late. I had no idea my vacation was going to be more tiring that work!! :))

Archived