Change in Carnival Loyalty Program

volmoma

Just heard the announcement on live FB from John. Said the beards are working on changing the program somewhat. We're either going to happy (doubtful) or we'll all need to bend over and grab our ankles. I've only cruised Carnival, 25 in all. I did cruise on the Regal Princess in December of last year. (Carnival owned) I have 2 cruises booked and only 10 sea days from Diamond, truly hoping a level between platinum and diamond isn't on the table for discussion. Just my thoughts.

Just heard the announcement on live FB from John. Said the beards are working on changing the program somewhat. We're either going to happy (doubtful) or we'll all need to bend over and grab our ankles. I've only cruised Carnival, 25 in all. I did cruise on the Regal Princess in December of last year. (Carnival owned) I have 2 cruises booked and only 10 sea days from Diamond, truly hoping a level between platinum and diamond isn't on the table for discussion. Just my thoughts.

Well if they change it hope it will be for the better this time. Last time the Brilliant changes in platinum were just taking stuff away from us.

I stated on the facebook page that the last time they improved the loyalty program we got screwed. Hope this improvement didn't screw us again. Not that I think anyone reads the comments. But it made me feel better.

I can only imagine it will not make many of us happy, however I still have slight hopes they will mirror Royal and Norwegian and provide platinum and Diamond members with much better benefits as right now there benefits lag behind the other cruise lines. It would also be nice to add levels between gold and platinum and platinum to diamond.

I am going to guess here just to see if I am right. My guess they are going to increase the number of cruise days to get out of the "blue cat" to 24 and increase all other cats by that number. Just a guess based on past "improvements/changes".

I am going to guess here just to see if I am right. My guess they are going to increase the number of cruise days to get out of the "blue cat" to 24 and increase all other cats by that number. Just a guess based on past "improvements/changes".

Wouldn't surprise me, but then my guess is they will add additional perks to platinum and diamond which wouldn't be the worst thing. Currently there are too many platinum and way too many gold.

I've said this for a long time, but I think they will have another tier such as "Platinum Plus" for those that reached Platinum "the hard way" by hitting 75 days instead of 10 potentially shorter cruises.

I predict that regular Platinum will have some of their perks taken away. Not sure what, but it could be anything due to the sheer number of guests that have reached that status. PP will then become kind of like Platinum is now. I could be way off, though. I guess time will tell.

I've said this for a long time, but I think they will have another tier such as "Platinum Plus" for those that reached Platinum "the hard way" by hitting 75 days instead of 10 potentially shorter cruises.

I predict that regular Platinum will have some of their perks taken away. Not sure what, but it could be anything due to the sheer number of guests that have reached that status. PP will then become kind of like Platinum is now. I could be way off, though. I guess time will tell.

I agree, I think this is the most likely "improvement". It may be tough to take things away from the current platinum members as those are their most "loyal" but it is possible they look at how Royal boards their passengers and would have Diamond and new platinum boarding first and then platinum and then gold (hopefully remove faster to the fun). They can than look at a platinum plus/diamond event and then something like free specialty dining to all diamond (1 per cruise on cruises longer than 5 days). Would love for them to do some sort of happy hour, but I think that is way too much to hope for.

I would like to see a Carnival Corp plan. All of your days on any Carnival Corporation ship would count. Still maintain the individual cruise line's on board benefits, but maybe some of the perks would be used on all cruise lines. Like boarding early, priority tender service, priority spa reservations, you know basic stuff.

I would like to see a Carnival Corp plan. All of your days on any Carnival Corporation ship would count. Still maintain the individual cruise line's on board benefits, but maybe some of the perks would be used on all cruise lines. Like boarding early, priority tender service, priority spa reservations, you know basic stuff.

That would be great! We are sailing on princess in March and its so wierd going from status to being considered a first time cruiser. Would be nice to have some sort of acknowledgment.

No matter what the announcement is, someone will complain.

Carnival could say that they're going to give everyone a bag of gold bars as they board the ship and someone would complain that there's no one there to carry it to their cabin for them.

No matter what the announcement is, someone will complain.

Carnival could say that they're going to give everyone a bag of gold bars as they board the ship and someone would complain that there's no one there to carry it to their cabin for them.

I thought the complaining about complainers was reserved for John's Facebook page.

I suspect that it will resemble a program if you purchase a style of cabin and days at sea. For example if you book a suite and 7 day cruise you will get more points than an inside cabin and a 7 day cruise and if you book "X" number of days in advance

They really need to change from a nights based point system to cost. Not only would that let them merge the programs with their other lines, but it makes it more fair. You now get more airline miles if you fly first class rather than economy, why not give more points to those in a balcony cabin than interior?

I think this way makes the most sense, even though I always get interior and would get less points

The loyalty perks are Carnival are bad. As currently configured, the only way they would sway my decision for a cruise was if everything was the same between Carnival and another cruise I was considering.

In other words, I wouldn't pay money to get the platinum or Diamond perks.