Cosol Tours

lovetocruise79

• 2 weeks later...

We heard of this tour by reading this thread, and had an awesome experience! It was easy to book, and we ended up with Cosol as our guide. He handled our rowdy group of ten very masterfully!

I loved being able to see so much of the island, and he was so patient with all of our questions. The food and treats along the way were so fresh and delicious. And of course, gotta love that blue van!:)

The stop at the beach was nice. We just took our towels over to the resort side, and enjoyed a nice swim and some sun.

Our guide at the volcano was really knowledgeable, and the science geeks among us really appreciated it.

The botanical garden was very beautiful. I wish we had been able to see the waterfall, but nothing they could do about that.

Overall, it was a wonderful day, and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

We heard of this tour by reading this thread, and had an awesome experience! It was easy to book, and we ended up with Cosol as our guide. He handled our rowdy group of ten very masterfully!

I loved being able to see so much of the island, and he was so patient with all of our questions. The food and treats along the way were so fresh and delicious. And of course, gotta love that blue van!:)

The stop at the beach was nice. We just took our towels over to the resort side, and enjoyed a nice swim and some sun.

Our guide at the volcano was really knowledgeable, and the science geeks among us really appreciated it.

The botanical garden was very beautiful. I wish we had been able to see the waterfall, but nothing they could do about that.

Overall, it was a wonderful day, and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Cosol's tour has been the only tour that we have ever loved and we have toured alot. So glad you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Having been to the Caribbean over twenty five times, St. Lucia 8 times, and toured with Cosol 3 times (2 group and 1 private), I think Cosol offers the best island tour in the Caribbean.

St. Lucia is a challenge because a lot of driving is required to visit the most desirable sites. He breaks it up with stops for food (provided), drinks (provided), and photos.

The tour is very reasonable, in fact for everything you get, is underpriced. All our guides have been very good and the transportation clean and comfortable.

On our most recent tour, there were 3 vans with about 10 people each. We went as a caravan with a separate drinks truck accompaning us.

Cosol was there along the way and Yellowbird, his brother was our guide. This tour along with Thenford Grey in St. Kitts are our favorites.

Here is another vote for Cosol. We had a wonderful day with his tour. We stopped at a banana plantation, the beautiful botanical gardens, the drive-in volcano and other stops to take photos. There was a wonderful lunch with many different local treats to taste. We took the water taxi to a beach by the Pitons and also saw Marigot Bay. There was a mobile bar with drinks at several stops. Our guide was Samuel who did a great job. I would definitely recommend taking this tour.

Having been to the Caribbean over twenty five times, St. Lucia 8 times, and toured with Cosol 3 times (2 group and 1 private), I think Cosol offers the best island tour in the Caribbean.

St. Lucia is a challenge because a lot of driving is required to visit the most desirable sites. He breaks it up with stops for food (provided), drinks (provided), and photos.

The tour is very reasonable, in fact for everything you get, is underpriced. All our guides have been very good and the transportation clean and comfortable.

On our most recent tour, there were 3 vans with about 10 people each. We went as a caravan with a separate drinks truck accompaning us.

Cosol was there along the way and Yellowbird, his brother was our guide. This tour along with Thenford Grey in St. Kitts are our favorites.

wow looks like your the person to ask about what to do at other ports... Our ship also has a stop in Barbados,St.Kitts,St.Maarten,St.Thomas and San Juan.... What are the must see's or do's at these ports?

On the return trip back to the beach from the Pitons, does Cosol provide a water taxi back to the ship or does the water taxi take you back to the van, which then you have to drive all the way back to the ship by land?

We are looking for a reputable tour company on St. Lucia that will provide a land tour just as described, but instead of taking the van back we would like to take a water taxi back to the ship from the Pitons.

wow looks like your the person to ask about what to do at other ports... Our ship also has a stop in Barbados,St.Kitts,St.Maarten,St.Thomas and San Juan.... What are the must see's or do's at these ports?

This is what we are planning:

San Juan (pre-cruise): Old San Juan and forts, maybe a tour to the rainforest

St. Thomas: Shopping, Sapphire Beach and Paradise Point tour

Barbados: Swim with turtles tour, then beach day (The Boatyard)

St. Lucia: land tour to see the Pitons

St. Kitts: beach day at Friars Beach (Shipwreck) - parents may take the St. Kitts train tour

St. Maarten: Marigot in the morning for shopping and pastries, Maho beach at lunchtime and thereafter to see the planes land

We are booked in Cosol this month and have read alot of great reviews.

Only one concern I have is that I read that there is a stop along the way where you can pose with a guys snake.

My wife is absolutely terrified of snakes to the point where I'm considering canceling our tour.

Can anyone shed some light on this, and if the snake is unavoidable?

Only one concern I have is that I read that there is a stop along the way where you can pose with a guys snake.

My wife is absolutely terrified of snakes to the point where I'm considering canceling our tour.

That guy is at a stop where there is an overlook with a scenic view and some roadside shopping stands. It was pretty early on in the tour if I recall. I actually didn't even notice him until we were back in the van driving away. He doesn't approach the van, and I think if you get out first, you can just steer her in the other direction.

I am personally terrified of snakes and was not bothered. Hopefully my experience was the rule and not the exception?

And not for nuthin', but that was probably the most lethargic snake I have seen in my life! :rolleyes:

I agree with what TOEMI just said. He was off to the side and I would say completely avoidable (at least the day we were there). It would be a shame for you to miss this great day because of this. I'm not fond of snakes either.

Our B2B isnt till March 3 2013, however, we tend to start planning earlier. I have a question about Cosol though - unfortunately we are only two - myself and DH - have been talking to others on our Roll Call but so far we would only be two people and would love to be able to take a tour thru either Cosol of James - but from I have read you need big groups to book - is that correct - Does anyone know of independents that will do smaller groups - we had a car for ourselves when we visited Roatan and it was great - dont mind going with others, but as of now dont have anyone else to go with - does Cosol have a website I can visit?

Edited by Fluffy Terry

Our B2B isnt till March 3 2013, however, we tend to start planning earlier. I have a question about Cosol though - unfortunately we are only two - myself and DH - have been talking to others on our Roll Call but so far we would only be two people and would love to be able to take a tour thru either Cosol of James - but from I have read you need big groups to book - is that correct - Does anyone know of independents that will do smaller groups - we had a car for ourselves when we visited Roatan and it was great - dont mind going with others, but as of now dont have anyone else to go with - does Cosol have a website I can visit?

just google Cosol tours, st lucia

As you stated it is early. You should communicate with Cosol and find out the minimum he needs. You will be surprised at the interest that is generated in tours as you get closer to your cruise. That is what happened to me. I book early, just 2 of us. Now I have 38 people going on my Cosol Tour.

I am leaving on my cruise in 3 weeks. I will report back on Cosol when I return.

I definitely wouldn't worry about beaing able to get a group together - you are a year out from your cruise - most people haven't started thinking that far yet - most people haven't even made final payment yet!!! ;)

As for group numbers- usually, Cosol or James needs 10 people to make up the tour. That is not hard to put together, especially when you get closer - think 6 months out or closer.

They will both do a private tour for the 2 of you, but keep in mind - it will be signifigantly more expensive as they are giving up the group amount in order to take just the 2 of you. Think on the order of over $250US for the 2 of you - easily.

I would definitely wait till you got signifigantly closer to your cruise date before you started thinking private tour. There will be lots of people on your roll call looking at what to do on each island. You'll be able to find 8 more people! Or he may be able to put you together with people from another cruise that day. No worries.

Enjoy your cruise when it does finally get here! :D

On the return trip back to the beach from the Pitons, does Cosol provide a water taxi back to the ship or does the water taxi take you back to the van, which then you have to drive all the way back to the ship by land?

We are looking for a reputable tour company on St. Lucia that will provide a land tour just as described, but instead of taking the van back we would like to take a water taxi back to the ship from the Pitons.

I would like to know this as well. Never saw a response. Spencer Ambrose does a land and water or all water tour but I have not received a response back from him. The water tour sounds beautiful and maybe easier to travel than roads on land. Any suggestions?

I would like to know this as well. Never saw a response. Spencer Ambrose does a land and water or all water tour but I have not received a response back from him. The water tour sounds beautiful and maybe easier to travel than roads on land. Any suggestions?

I found that Herod's also has a land and sea tour:

http://www.herodstours.com/land_sea_safari.html

Any recent reviews?

My partner and myself are going to St Lucia on a cruise next week. This trip looks great from the pictures.

However, I have limited mobility due to bad arthritis and walk with a stick. Would I b able to get in and out of the water taxi with assistance. Is there shade and seating on the beach as I wouldn't go snorkelling?

Is there much walking involved? Would appreciate any comments, thank you.

My partner and myself are going to St Lucia on a cruise next week. This trip looks great from the pictures.

However, I have limited mobility due to bad arthritis and walk with a stick. Would I b able to get in and out of the water taxi with assistance. Is there shade and seating on the beach as I wouldn't go snorkelling?

Is there much walking involved? Would appreciate any comments, thank you.

They would help you in and out of hte water taxi - no problem there. Yes, there is shade and chairs on the beach - first come/first served though. As for much walking - there is a lot of walking and stairs at the volcano - it is hilly and some uneven terrain and lots of stairs - may not work too well for you. Perhaps one of the guides there will do the narration and tour for you from the top of the steps - that shouldn't be a big deal - or a deal breaker. Youo can see the volcano crater and most of the highlights from the top of the steps/tour area - I am sure they will make arrangements for you, just make sure whichever tour operator you go with (Spencer/Cosol/Herod, etc) knows in advance!

Enjoy your trip

• 2 weeks later...

We enjoyed the Cosol tour on Sunday March 11th. There were four vans plus the mobile refreshment van. The water, pop, beer and rum punch flowed freely throughout the seven hour tour. Our guide/driver was Bumpy, he was informative and fun. Four tables of local food were presented in the morning and fresh hot bread with cheese was available on the way back to the ship.

There were ten in our van, it was clean and air conditioned. All the stops were interesting and we were given enough time at each.

From our perspective, the tour was a steal at $65.00 per person given everything we saw, food and beverages received and entrance/water taxi fees included.

We highly recommend Cosol Tours.