Magazine? There's a Magazine?

I didn't want to hijack the "Special Requests" thread, but in that thread, English Tim made mention of "... my latest magazine from RSS ...".

We've been booked for over a year and are departing in three weeks. We have never received any printed material from Regent. In fact, even the emails we receive are only advertisements for upcoming cruises... on Oceania! :confused: I am aware that Regent and Oceania are siblings, but I've always thought it odd that we hear more from Oceania than the line on which we are actually booked, from which we've basically heard nothing. Our online reservation information is in order.

We are Regent first-timers. Is this magazine perhaps only sent to Seven Seas Society members or some other subset of their clients? If not, can anyone offer a suggestion of how to proceed with investigating this?

It's not so much that we are not receiving the magazine, although I'm sure we'd enjoy seeing it. My fear is if we're not getting things we should normally be receiving then it could be indicative of a larger problem. I'd hate to have our cruise documents knocking about in some undelivered limbo instead of arriving shortly as we anticipate they will. Thanks in advance.

We get plenty of mail from Regent and, lately, Oceania as well. But never a magazine, although the latest catalog could just as well have been an issue of Vanity Fair, it was so big and colorful. I have seen a few other comments in the past from passengers who somehow never made it onto the mailing list. Have you tried signing up, or using the "request a catalog" link, on the rssc.com website?

There is no magizine but about 3ish times a year they send huge Brochures that could rival any magizine.... We just got one of those big ones in the last couple days. AND we must get 3+ smaller pieces a week from Regent and some times more. To get on their mailing list ( you'de think they should already have you) you need to go on the Regent website and sign up "request brochure" then you will get more than you ever wanted!!

Enjoy your cruise!

This is almost certainly a UK based publication. We received our first a week or two back and unfortunately it's now in for recycling so I can't give many details. I am fairly sure the editorial was by the RSSC UK staff except for articles by/on ships' personnel.

No doubt another Brit on here will elaborate.

We get nothing from Regent, printed or electronic even though they have my snail and email address. Some would say its a blessing. I suspect it has more to do with RSSC's agent in Sydney :mad: If I need any brochures or other info I have to ask my own TA who's always happy to oblige.

This is almost certainly a UK based publication. We received our first a week or two back and unfortunately it's now in for recycling so I can't give many details. I am fairly sure the editorial was by the RSSC UK staff except for articles by/on ships' personnel.

No doubt another Brit on here will elaborate.

You are absolutely right. It is a magazine produced by Regent UK with staffers in the Southampton office putting it together on a quarterly basis. It is called RegenTimes, has contributions from readers and interesting articles. For example, in the current issue there is an article on Ralph de Klijn who lives in the UK with his wife and two small children, whom we had the pleasure of meeting on our recent Celtic Charms cruise. It is glossy, well produced and is styled as "The Magazine for Regent Seven Seas Society Members"

Issue 2 has just come out in the UK, and this edition and future issues will be sent elsewhere in Europe to reflect the significant number of non-American cruisers.

This issue tells us, among other things and may be of interest generally, that Sette Mari's hours will be extended to allow people to sit down to eat as late as 9.30pm. Indeed, all restaurants' hours will be extended to acknowledge the continental European preference to dine later. There will be translations of onboard communications for guests speaking French, Spanish, German and Portuguese.

Issue 2 has just come out in the UK, and this edition and future issues will be sent elsewhere in Europe to reflect the significant number of non-American cruisers.

This issue tells us, among other things and may be of interest generally, that Sette Mari's hours will be extended to allow people to sit down to eat as late as 9.30pm. Indeed, all restaurants' hours will be extended to acknowledge the continental European preference to dine later. There will be translations of onboard communications for guests speaking French, Spanish, German and Portuguese.

Well done! You either have it to hand or have a much better memory than me! ;)

I've just found it. A 20 page glossy. And filled in my questionnaire to be entered in the draw to win a gift (pair of jeans maybe which seems a dominant theme on another thread!) and a case of champagne. The fewer readers the greater my chances of success.

Thanks, rogerstone, and everyone else who responded. I'm much more comfortable now knowing it's something unavailable where we live, rather than something we should have been receiving.

Thanks also for that information about the later dining hours in Sette Mari. Did the article mention when that would take effect?

Think the reference may be to Regent's brochure which is about the size and shape of a magazine. We get mail from Regent at least weekly and the same amount of emails. Be careful what you ask for;)

These beautiful glossies keep coming, week after week after week after week, don't they? . . .

I can't bear to send them straight to recycling without at least looking through them briefly!

. . . THEREFORE, I have a little pile of them in my living-room that shall, indeed, some day, be recycled ... but, for now, I have a private stash!...

... however, I do wish that they'd cut **way** back on these mailings -- WHAT, do they think I've forgotten that they exist? I shall *PURCHASE* when I'm good and bloody ready, and not the TINIEST instant before. My favorite restaurants don't send me dunning notices when they haven't seen me for a few weeks -- do yours???!?

Being an adult, with a working mind and the ability to make my own decisions, I would *far* prefer to be credited with a bit more intelligence....

Thanks, rogerstone, and everyone else who responded. I'm much more comfortable now knowing it's something unavailable where we live, rather than something we should have been receiving.

Thanks also for that information about the later dining hours in Sette Mari. Did the article mention when that would take effect?

All this is in an article about new international amenities to be introduced across the fleet from early August through to October.

This is almost certainly a UK based publication. We received our first a week or two back and unfortunately it's now in for recycling so I can't give many details. I am fairly sure the editorial was by the RSSC UK staff except for articles by/on ships' personnel. No doubt another Brit on here will elaborate.

you could try contacting them thru their twitter account http://twitter.com/cruiseRegent

You are absolutely right. It is a magazine produced by Regent UK with staffers in the Southampton office putting it together on a quarterly basis. It is called RegenTimes, has contributions from readers and interesting articles. For example, in the current issue there is an article on Ralph de Klijn who lives in the UK with his wife and two small children, whom we had the pleasure of meeting on our recent Celtic Charms cruise. It is glossy, well produced and is styled as "The Magazine for Regent Seven Seas Society Members"

you could try contacting them thru their twitter account http://twitter.com/cruiseRegent

What more do you want to know? I have Regentimes in front of me at the moment.

Archived