Do you wear your wedding rings on cruises

lindaa

Hi everyone

We are going to cruise Asia next year. After reading the post where the lady had her laptop and watch stolen from her room and seeing where several people say they do not take expensive jewelry with them at all... I was just wondering if you wear your wedding rings when cruising? If you do, do you wear them on shore excursions also? The sentimental value of my ring makes it irreplaceable but when I don't have it on I feel undressed. I would hate to leave it at home but.....

Thanks for your experiences!

Hi everyone

We are going to cruise Asia next year. After reading the post where the lady had her laptop and watch stolen from her room and seeing where several people say they do not take expensive jewelry with them at all... I was just wondering if you wear your wedding rings when cruising? If you do, do you wear them on shore excursions also? The sentimental value of my ring makes it irreplaceable but when I don't have it on I feel undressed. I would hate to leave it at home but.....

I wear my wedding ring at all times; doesn't matter where I am in the world.

Yes, the wedding ring, the engagement ring, etc. They get locked in the safe if not being worn, and I do not wear "real" jewelry ashore, with the exception of my watch. I have a simple band I wear as a wedding ring when going ashore.

I do not wear the "good stuff" to the pool when I remember to take it off, just the simple band. I forget a lot....especially when it is going to be only an hour or two at the pool. It feels weird not to have at least a wedding band on.

Hi everyone

The only time I have removed my rings was for the dolphin swim. I left them in the safe in the room. My sister could not get hers off, so the made her wrap a bandaid around it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have three rings- my engagement ring, an eternity band and my plain, probably less than $100 wedding band. I wear all three on the ship; I wear only my wedding band off the ship. I also have a nice watch that I wear on the ship; off the ship I wear a $10 WalMart watch (DH calls it my Walex). However, I've always thrown the two rings and the watch in a nightstand drawer when we leave the cabin. I should lock them up...but they're all insured plus we have travel insurance so I've never felt alike I'm taking a risk.

I have sentimental jewelry that I never travel with. It's not insured, as it's less than $1200 a piece, but I would be sick if I lost any of that. It goes in the safe deposit box when we're away.

I wear a lot of jewelry on the ship, but always remove almost all of it when I go ashore. Sometimes I will wear my gold hoop earrings on shore.

Whenever I feel even a little bit uncomfortable in my surroundings, I remove the jewelry and put it in my purse, but 90% of the time at home I wear it.

Yes, I take whatever jewelry I wish on cruises ... but put it all in the safe when getting off the ship at ports of call.

DH and I both put our good watches in the safe and wear our inexpensive Swatch watches when not on the ship.

LuLu

I wear a wedding ring wherever I am. I leave the more "expensive" diamond rings in the safe onboard when out and about.

I wore a simulated solitaire diamond ring on the last cruise (platinum coated ring). It was really inexpensive. In Diamonds International, one of the sales ladies pointed to my ring and said how gorgeous it was! I said "thank you" and made a hasty retreat, just in case she wanted to look at it further and I was rumbled that it wasn't real! If it could fool a jeweller, it must be a "good fake"!

haven't been able to put mine back on since the snake bite...

seriously.

:eek: Don't leave us guessing. How did you get your snake bite? How much longer will if give you an excuse not to wear your wedding band? :rolleyes: .. :D

LuLu

It depends on where I am cruising. I wear my wedding band and engagement ring on most cruises but, when I went to Africa and Egypt I wore a inexpensive gold band ($70). In some countries it is recommended to wear a wedding band even if you are not married especially if you are traveling alone to make it look like you are there with someone.

I never take it off except for occasional cleaning. If I were so worried about a port that I felt I needed to leave the ring in the safe, I probably would skip the port. If you do put jewelry in the safe, put it in a large envelope or something easy to see so that you don't accidently leave it behind. There have been several threads about people leaving jewelry or other small valuables behind.