Anyone know why the Sun Princess is delayed?

They missed Napier, went to Akaroa, missed Dunedin and Fiordland. Cruised back up the east coast via the Volcanic White Island, tried Napier again, missed again. So cruised further up the north islands east coast to the Bay of Islands.

I believe the weather has improved.

Jilly:)

Delay not caused by rough seas. Rather an announced technical problem which affected speed . Problem now allegedly fixed, but total time lost cannot apparently be made up . Therefore departure ex Brisbane put back for next cruise by around 7 hours .

They missed Napier, went to Akaroa, missed Dunedin and Fiordland. Cruised back up the east coast via the Volcanic White Island, tried Napier again, missed again. So cruised further up the north islands east coast to the Bay of Islands.

I believe the weather has improved.

Jilly:)

Omigosh! What a shemozzle. I really hope we get to do Fiordland. I missed out on it last year due to heavy seas.

But I guess most importantly I hope for a safe cruise. :)

Delay not caused by rough seas. Rather an announced technical problem which affected speed . Problem now allegedly fixed, but total time lost cannot apparently be made up . Therefore departure ex Brisbane put back for next cruise by around 7 hours .

Hmmm. Wonder if it will slow us down too...

It was a real disappointment to miss those ports and we also had more sea days that were not planned for, with the large amount of pax on board being of the older generation not much planned entertainment apart from sitting around and playing cards ETc, however after some complanning things got better.

Archived