help with issuing of tickets

hollywood heather

I KNOW THIS QUESTION WAS ALREADY ASKED BUT I AM HAVING A SLIGHT PROBLEM. DUE TO THE REPONSE WITH THE DELAY IN TICKETS I CALLED MY TRAVEL AGENT TO SEE ABOUT THE "PRE-REGISTRATION FORM" (OF COURSE ON VACA TILL END OF NEXT WEEK). SO I CALLED CUNARD. THE 1 PERSON SAID OUR FORM HAS NOT BEEN RECEIVED AND TICKETS WON'T BE ISSUED TILL THEY GET THE FORM. O.K ANOTHER PERSON EMAILED ME BACK AND SAID THE TICKETS ARE NEVER SENT OUT PRIOR THAN 2WEEKS OF TRIP REGARDLESS OF FORM. AS OF NEXT WEEK I WILL BE DOWN TO 4 WEEKS. DOES ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE WHAT COURSE I SHOULD TAKE "NOW" OR DO I HAVE TIME TO WAIT FOR MY TRAVEL AGENT TO COME BACK? SHE OWNS HER OWN BUSINESS SO SHE HAS NO ASSITANTS. ANY HELP WILL BE GREAT

HH,

First and foremost, you are in good shape to have your tickets in hand at least one week before your cruise -- [I]whatever[/I] you decide.

So take a nice, relaxed breath. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Second, all the information you received from Cunard sounds accurate, IMHO.

So....it sounds like the main practical thing is whether you want your tickets one or two weeks in advance.

If it were [B]me[/B], I would go ahead and complete and fax the guest registration form to Cunard [I]primarily[/I] to give myself an extra week of cushion in case there's a further complication.

If you decide to do that, you can download copies of the form on the Cunard website [url="http://www.cunard.com/Planner/Default.asp?plan_active=Forms"]here[/url].

Crouton

P.S. From my experience and from comments I have read by others on the board, it [I]seems[/I] that while Cunard waits a little too long to send out the tickets for most of us, they [I]do[/I] manage to send them out quite dependably by two weeks prior.

[This message was edited by Crouton on 04-15-04 at 12:29 PM.]

I was told by a Cunard phone rep that they have stacks of registration forms witing to be processed.

She gave me what is suppose to be a different fax number.....it's suppose to speed things up a bit.

Try it, it's 305 459-3539

Russ

Archived