Has anyone booked the Steak House (Dream) online successfully?

ayz75

I filled in the form online the first time a few months ago (3 or 4 months before cruising) never got an e-mail or any confirmation. I'm doing it again now (11 days to cruising) but not expecting to hear back from them either.. (and I'll be pretty ticked off if they say it's full and I should have booked earlier!)

How do most people book the steak house? only once you're onboard? I have to say I really dislike Carnival's web applications in general! There's a gift & service section to allow you to purchase things from Bon Voyage including individual bottles of wine, but not wine package.. and then it takes forever to get through to Bon Voyage on the phone.

Urr.. anyway, just wanted to know if anyone's tried to book the Steak house online and if I'm the only one who never got a reply!

p.s. since we may (depending on if I get the steak house) miss our first night at the MDR, is there a chance they may give our table away?? (We are a group of 8, and defintely don't want to get splited into separate tables) I wonder if I could stop by the MDR to confirm and let them know we won't be going on the first night?

I filled in the form online the first time a few months ago (3 or 4 months before cruising) never got an e-mail or any confirmation. I'm doing it again now (11 days to cruising) but not expecting to hear back from them either.. (and I'll be pretty ticked off if they say it's full and I should have booked earlier!)

How do most people book the steak house? only once you're onboard? I have to say I really dislike Carnival's web applications in general! There's a gift & service section to allow you to purchase things from Bon Voyage including individual bottles of wine, but not wine package.. and then it takes forever to get through to Bon Voyage on the phone.

Urr.. anyway, just wanted to know if anyone's tried to book the Steak house online and if I'm the only one who never got a reply!

p.s. since we may (depending on if I get the steak house) miss our first night at the MDR, is there a chance they may give our table away?? (We are a group of 8, and defintely don't want to get splited into separate tables) I wonder if I could stop by the MDR to confirm and let them know we won't be going on the first night?

I did and got an email back confirming our reservation. It didn't take but a couple days.

well either Carnival is lying to me :mad: or if you received a confirmation you got lucky?!?!

I just called the customer service, and they said they can't do anything about it so asked me to call the online support (since steak house booking is online). I called online support and they claim that "no news is good news because no confirmation email will be sent". They say that the only time I will receive a response is if the date & time I requested was not available. And supposedly since I did not receive an email back, it means that I should see the booking confirmation ONCE I am on board.

I think they're just BSing me. but I'll find out in 11 days once I'm on board. gee..

I booked a reservation for the Breeze...rcv'd confirmation via email within days. We booked ours in October, for a January sailing, here's a copy of what they sent:

Good Day,

Thank you for choosing Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse for your dining.

Your reservation request for 2 Guests at 7:00pm on January 21, 2013 is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at brsteakhouse@carnival.com

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Manager,

Eva Kiss

Carnival Breeze

FIRST_NAME : XXXXXXLAST_NAME : XXXXXXXEMAIL_ADDRESS :xxxxxxxxxBOOKING_NUMBER : xxxxxxxxSHIP : Carnival BreezeSAIL_DATE : JAN 19, 2013NUMBER_OF_GUESTS : 2RESERVATION_DATE : JAN 21, 2013RESERVATION_TIME : 7:00 PM

Reporting back!

After I e-mailed them directly, they got back to me within hours and confirmed my reservation (but did not say if the reservation was confirmed already from my prior attempt or only because I e-mailed them directly) regardless, I got our group a table!

Thanks for all your help!

If I book the Steak House on lin efor the first night and we change our mind - will we still be charged or I can I cancel on the ship the first day?

Thanks for your help

You can cancel when you get onboard. But don't cancel. Not only do you get a free bottle of wine for booking on Embarkation night, but the service is impeccable as you are not surrounded by full tables.

to the OP: I have gotten responses back from online booking and not gotten responses back. All of our ressies were intact upon embarkation!

Archived