2014 Cruise Brides!!

Bo59rt

Hi everyone! My fiance and I are also planning an off-ship wedding in Cozumel. We have also booked Stephanie & Lluvia at Cozumel Wedding Planner! We'll be cruising on the Norwegian Jewel out of New Orleans, with our first port being Cozumel. I liked this itinerary so we can get the wedding out of the way early in the cruise and relax for the rest of it! I'm already finding it difficult to just sit back and rely on the planner to do all the, well, PLANNING! I've read so many great reviews about CWP, so I know they'll do a fabulous job...I'm just wanting to personalize everything. The dilemma is, what is the best way to add the personal touches (i.e., DIY things like decor...centerpieces, chair signs, cake table decor, etc.) when we're hundreds of miles away and coming in the day of the wedding via cruise ship? My fiance has already talked me off of the "going overboard" ledge a couple of times...for instance, I was seriously considering making the bouquets, boutteniers, and corsages. He convinced me to just use the fresh flowers provided through the planner (which look like beautiful options to choose from). Anyway, I guess this is just one of the "special" intricacies of an off-ship destination wedding! Best Wishes to all the new and soon to be brides and congrats to all the grooms!

I have had some crazy questions from non cruisers who are booking... my favorite so far is "whats the difference between an interior and a balcony? does the balcony not have an interor to the room?" my response was.... it has no bathroom :eek::eek: haha i was dumbfounded by that one :)

Haha! That's really funny! We are working on our website now and hope to have the Save the Dates out next month, can't wait to see what kind of strange questions we get!

Hi everyone! My fiance and I are also planning an off-ship wedding in Cozumel. We have also booked Stephanie & Lluvia at Cozumel Wedding Planner!

Oh wow! Very exciting to see someone else going through CWP! We just booked so I haven't gone through the whole checklist yet, but I already agree with you on the DIY. I'm only just starting, but the ideas just keep coming! It is going to be hard to pick and choose what to do. As of now, I think I will make my own bouquet as I would like to bring it home with me as a keepsake. I will probably use the fresh flowers through CWP for everyone else though. Looking forward to hearing how your planning is going!

Carnival Breeze April 23 2014! On the ship! Got the wedding booked, invites sent out (the future hubby designed them and we got a great deal with vistaprint) hrm website is up. I think that's about all so far!

Now to convince myself to workout. 397 days til we sail....sigh

Carnival Breeze April 23 2014! On the ship! Got the wedding booked, invites sent out (the future hubby designed them and we got a great deal with vistaprint) hrm website is up. I think that's about all so far!

Now to convince myself to workout. 397 days til we sail....sigh

congrats!!! i wanted to do the Breeze for our ship becuase it would be new to everyone, but we decided that being on a ship that the groom and myself were very comfortable with would make everything go smoother.

Alot of April brides out there! probably becuase thats how far out they are allowing carribean bookings so far! :p

We just booked this week! July 7 on the Disney Wonder to Alaska. We've emailed close family to give them the heads up and will be sending invites in a couple of months, I'm just working on designing them now. We're doing an at home reception (BBQ at my mom's farm) when we get back, and those invites will go out next year (though we're mentioning it in the cruise invite too). It's so hard to balance tradition and etiquette with invites with the booking dates and sell-outs of cruises!!

I am recently engaged and excited to have a cruise wedding! I am waiting to be able to book our wedding for June 2014. Like another person mentioned, they are only allowing up to April right now. :( I wanted to start looking at save the dates and see alot of people doing websites as an option. Does anyone know how I can start a website? I am not sure where to begin..Thanks!

I am recently engaged and excited to have a cruise wedding! I am waiting to be able to book our wedding for June 2014. Like another person mentioned, they are only allowing up to April right now. :( I wanted to start looking at save the dates and see alot of people doing websites as an option. Does anyone know how I can start a website? I am not sure where to begin..Thanks!

for websites you can have a free one with a pre-fab layout from weddingwire.com or theknot.com, both of these just need you to register for the site. If you know someone who does web design, and they are willing to put out a little time it cost us less than $20 for two years of hosting our own website through godaddy. which is nice since everything is custom for us, along with our web address: codyandtori.com. good luck with the website!!! ours is supplemental information to our save the dates.

I'm anxious to get booked and start planning for my June 2014 cruise wedding. We are debating between Royal Caribbean or Carnival. If we go Carnival we want one of the newer Dream Class... Probably Breeze. So far this site has been so informational & helpful. I'm glad I came across it.

Congrats!!! Planning an off-ship wedding is an interesting experience!

You are so lucky that your family and friends are experienced in cruises. I have less than 10 people out of the 100ish invited that have been on a cruise. My wedding website is mostly what to expect and FYI things for everyone, with a little dash of where/what the wedding is going to be.

I have had some crazy questions from non cruisers who are booking... my favorite so far is "whats the difference between an interior and a balcony? does the balcony not have an interor to the room?" my response was.... it has no bathroom :eek::eek: haha i was dumbfounded by that one :)

Let me just say Carnival is not making this a good time for me to be booking cruises for first time cruisers.

We have a page on our wedding website that has pictures of some of the room options so that they have an idea what is available.

Hi,

Just a fellow 2014 bride! I am getting married on board the Carnival Fascination ship January 11th, 2014! Very excited to say the least. We are doing everything through a local travel agent, and in saying that we're advised to save 18 cabins (at a group rate), and have everyone rsvp/put down a cabin deposit asap. We sent two letters one to family , giving the option as being a non-sailing guest, and one to friends, only allowing them to be sailing guests, or not attending completely. we sent our save the dates out by January 1st, and asked family and friends to respond by March 1st. Although most of our friends are slackers waiting til the last few days to put down a deposit, we're having an overwhelming 112 people attending the wedding, and 74 cruising!

We are organizing our formal invitations and will once again be sending two invites for sailing/non sailing guests with specific instructions like, making sure they carry passports/birth certificates, what time to be at the port, etc etc. a lot of work, but well worth it. I'm excited for all of you, and congrats! I will post more as it gets closer!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after 10 years of dating and six cruises together, we are finally getting married and have decided to do so aboard a Celebrity cruise next February.

I am looking forward to the big event and our life together I have to say that all of the details especially the dress and etc that I am a bit nervous.

Suggestions and calming drugs will be most welcome!

Donna

Well, after 10 years of dating and six cruises together, we are finally getting married and have decided to do so aboard a Celebrity cruise next February.

I am looking forward to the big event and our life together I have to say that all of the details especially the dress and etc that I am a bit nervous.

Suggestions and calming drugs will be most welcome!

Donna

Congrats! i was nervous about the dress (and still am about finding one i like) but its getting better. I know i will be able to transport my dress to florida easily becuase i have a wedding attendent that flies US Airways business class all the time. She says she can have my dress hung up in their closet for the flight. and now my mind is calmed about the idea of doing a "trash the Dress" and not actually destroying it.

researching the boards will help a lot with calming nerves.

Ladies, here is a Living Social link for Vista Print. For $19 you get $75 worth of wedding stationary. It just came out today...

http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/648380-personalized-save-the-dates-invitations?rui=9178920

They also have other wedding related deals in "The Wedding Collection".

I got this deal, too. Wedding still on budget! Thanks!

Ok, probably a stupid question but here goes.... Who pays for the cruise when the wedding is on a cruise?? Each cabin I mean ??

If we were the Trumps, we would pay for rooms for our guests. Since we aren't even the Jeffersons, the guests will pay for their own cabins, including the bridal party. Is that what you meant?

Lol!!! Exactly! Thank you. I myself would love to get married on a ship, cruising is all I ever want to do! I was wondering though because I definitely can't afford to pay for all of those rooms! I wouldn't even if I could lol! The only thing is, after the wedding, you're stuck with all the family & people who come?? Lol!

Hi everyone ! I am a march 2014 bride :) still debating on whether I am going on carnival exctasy out of Miami or RC majesty for 3 day Bahamas. I booked a courtesy hold on carnival because I like the idea of being docked in Nassau for two days and have been discussing a rehearsal party at Atlantis the night before. We want to get married on the island. Look forward to hearing from all the new brides and sharing info.

I just found a groupon for vistaprint for $17 for 70 so when I pick the cruise line I'm using that for save the dates. This forum has been so helpful on deciding what I am going to do

Hey fellow 2014 Brides! Me and my fiancee will be getting married in St. Thomas on Valentines Day 2014. We are using Janelle from Island Bliss and she has been great so far, but I totally understand the hurry up and wait! It was a big ordeal picking the ship (Celebrity Summit), location (Magen's bay), package, and save the dates...also setting up the website and determining whether to use a travel agent or Celebrity pvp (I recommend a TA after our experience with Celebrity...). Now that all of that is done and most of our guests booked, we found out a majority of guests prefer not to cruise and are flying to St. Thomas (ugh-can't win em all). It now feels like the wedding is so far away and there isn't much left to do for awhile since my dress purchase is complete...we will be working on invitations, OOT bags, and itinerary soon, and also getting our passports (not a necessity but we are finally getting them after several cruises) and doing the wedding license paperwork.

What is everyone doing for invitations? We were thinking luggage tags or passports or something unique.

Hello Fellow Brides!!

My fiance and intimate wedding party are booking for Carnival Imagination - 4 Day Baja. We will be getting married separately from the ship on Catalina Island and then will be doing a reception back at home.

My fiance and I are very excited since what we have planned is so us!

Congrats to all of you!

By the way if anyone of you have your wedding website page set up could I see it. I am stuck on ours!

P.s. I am DIY my passport invitations and have a rough draft brought up if any of you lovely cruisers want to see. Only took me roughly an hour and half.

Edited by Briejean07
question.

we will be working on invitations, OOT bags, and itinerary soon, and also getting our passports (not a necessity but we are finally getting them after several cruises) and doing the wedding license paperwork.

What is everyone doing for invitations? We were thinking luggage tags or passports or something unique.

Okay I have to ask what in the word does OOT bags stand for??

I am doing save the date magnets (through vistaprint thanks to groupon)

Passport invitations and postcard as our RSVP.

If we were the Trumps, we would pay for rooms for our guests. Since we aren't even the Jeffersons, the guests will pay for their own cabins, including the bridal party. Is that what you meant?

haha love the comparison of Trump to Jeffersons.

My fiance and I are only paying for our room. Everyone else is paying for their cabins (I figured since 1. I am not made of money 2. It's a vacation 3. Introducing many to the amazing cruising life. 4. They will be thanking me after!