Any recommendations????

kfc195

Dunn's River Falls is not to be missed. Or the Caves, or the pottery factory, or the rain forest. There is too much to list!!!! If you want a tour of just about everything try www.traversejamaica.com and ask for Lacells. He is wonderful. I took my family and spent a week in Jamaica right outside Ochos Rios in Runaway Bay. I used Lacells and he did a custom tour for us (6). It was wonderful. He is knowledgeable and will keep and eye on you. The Jamaican's in the port areas seem pretty pushy (they are trying to make a living so it didn't bother me) and Lacells is really good about being a buffer so they don't bother you. He also knows of a beach right by the falls that is fun to go to, has another falls there also where you can mingle with the natives if you want to.

He also knows of a really good jamaican jerk restaurant that has the best food - I spent $40 for dinner for 7 and had more than I could eat. Went to Margaritaville and spent $270 for the same amount of people and the food wasn't that great.

I hope that helped, let me know if you have any other questions.

Dunn's River Falls is not to be missed. Or the Caves, or the pottery factory, or the rain forest. There is too much to list!!!! If you want a tour of just about everything try www.traversejamaica.com and ask for Lacells. He is wonderful. I took my family and spent a week in Jamaica right outside Ochos Rios in Runaway Bay. I used Lacells and he did a custom tour for us (6). It was wonderful. He is knowledgeable and will keep and eye on you. The Jamaican's in the port areas seem pretty pushy (they are trying to make a living so it didn't bother me) and Lacells is really good about being a buffer so they don't bother you. He also knows of a beach right by the falls that is fun to go to, has another falls there also where you can mingle with the natives if you want to.

He also knows of a really good jamaican jerk restaurant that has the best food - I spent $40 for dinner for 7 and had more than I could eat. Went to Margaritaville and spent $270 for the same amount of people and the food wasn't that great.

I hope that helped, let me know if you have any other questions.

Is Dunns River falls difficult for a senior to handle? Is there a beach there also? We're ooking for a nice relaxing beach area;)

My 65 year old mother climbed Dunn's River Falls, they do a people chain and everyone helps out. Or you can walk up the side. We got a great movie of it. And yes there is a beach there too. Actually there is a lot to see if you have the right guide. But then I really like getting out among the locals. We didn't get hassled when we were away from the really touristy areas, and the people are so nice.

Kristin

We were at Dunn's River Falls in January with our two small children. We took the Dunns River shuttle there. It was a little difficult for our 7 yr old because the water was really cold and he had to be pulled up. For a senior who is in o.k. shape it should be fine. You hold hands to climb and everyone kind of pulls each other up. If you have any back/knee problems it may not be the best thing to try. The shuttle dropped us off at Island Village afterwards where we shopped a little and ate lunch before going back to the ship.

We were at Dunn's River Falls in January with our two small children. We took the Dunns River shuttle there. It was a little difficult for our 7 yr old because the water was really cold and he had to be pulled up. For a senior who is in o.k. shape it should be fine. You hold hands to climb and everyone kind of pulls each other up. If you have any back/knee problems it may not be the best thing to try. The shuttle dropped us off at Island Village afterwards where we shopped a little and ate lunch before going back to the ship.

Thank you for this helpful information. It doesn't sound like it would be for us. We're going in December and it might be cold too. Hopefully the beaches will be warm. :)

There is a lot to do in Ocho Rios.

While I was there I went to a the Beach and a couple of tours.

I used Pete Taylor Tours. They are a great family business. His son Oneil took me to dunns river falls, the blue hole and white river tubing. which was very fun and not costly. If you would like to get in touch with Oneil his nember is: 876-296-3497.

You can check out their website and see what you would like to do.

http://www.ochoriosjamaicatours.com/

Does anyone have recommendations on what to do while in Ochos Rios? Like what beach is the best or where to visit?:confused:

5 of us took a tour with marva Shaw and we went to a beautiful garden waterfalls then furn valley stoped seen fire eaters then to a small shack seen a man named Carl he is a Rastafarian know all about indigenous spices and fruit , lants that was fun, then we went to a pettery then to the ocean no crowds from thew cruise no one bothering us to buy their things i would use Marva again for sure and she was less then half the price the boat wanted for the 5 hour trip

Archived