Sabatini's or Crown Grill on Crown Princess?

mabell2

Sabatinis is my vote too. $40 for a multi-course italian meal of that caliber is impossible to find. We didn't do Crowne Grill on our Crown Princess cruise as we'd done Sterling on Star the year before, and didn't feel that it was worth the cover charge. The steak was good, but not hugely better than what was offered normally in the dining room dinners, whereas Sabatinis was head and shoulder above what you could have at the normal dinners IMHO.

I can only comment on Sabatini's as we have not been to the Crown Grill. Sabatini's was wonderful, you have to go hungry becuase there is alot of food! So many new things to sample and wonderful dessert. The service was un-hurried as we went about 7:00. I noticed others that had started dinner later and seem to be rushed thru their courses.

We would definately dine there again!

Michelle

Sabatinis is my vote too. $40 for a multi-course italian meal of that caliber is impossible to find. We didn't do Crowne Grill on our Crown Princess cruise as we'd done Sterling on Star the year before, and didn't feel that it was worth the cover charge. The steak was good, but not hugely better than what was offered normally in the dining room dinners, whereas Sabatinis was head and shoulder above what you could have at the normal dinners IMHO.

USD$40 for the cover charge? That is AUD$70 x 2 = AUD$140 for a couple, c'mon on in spinner. Crikey, bit rich, might just order the big spaget at the 2nd sitting in the normal dining room - Bocelli?

Hands down Crown Grill. We ate in the steakhouses on the Golden and the Star and have to say that they don't compare to the Crown Grill. We actually ate their 3 times on our l last sailing because I wanted the Black and Blue Onion Soup again!

Both are very good and different experiences. If you really enjoy Italian, I would pick Sabatini's. If you really prefer steak or seafood dishes, I would go to the Crown Grill. If money was not an issue, I would go to Crown Grill more twice but probably not Sabitini's, so if I'm forced to choose, Crown Grill wins.

Both are very good and different experiences. If you really enjoy Italian, I would pick Sabatini's. If you really prefer steak or seafood dishes, I would go to the Crown Grill. If money was not an issue, I would go to Crown Grill more twice but probably not Sabitini's, so if I'm forced to choose, Crown Grill wins.

We are going to two dinners at specialty restaurants. One will be with the kids and one without. I was thinking of doing one of each but am not sure which the kids would prefer.

Sorry, that cover charge was for DW and I both. Should have been more careful with the wording. Apologies again for the confusion.

No worries jb008, USD$40 for two, thats not too bad, have to give it a go I reckon.

Thanks for info.

We are going to two dinners at specialty restaurants. One will be with the kids and one without. I was thinking of doing one of each but am not sure which the kids would prefer.

I haven't been to Sabatini's (that will change in a little over 3 weeks) but it can be quite long, 2-3 hours long. Depending on the kids and the antsyness factor, if that is an issue you might want to pick accordingly.

I'll be on the CB in February... and I've made a decision...

BOTH. I'm going to visit BOTH specialty restaurants!! DH and I considered doing the "Chef's Dinner", but we can do the other TWO for less money, and still have a great experience!

I don't mind shelling out an extra $20 for a fantastic meal... I spent that on LUNCH the other day with a friend! And I know that a great steakhouse or gourmet Italian place can easily run $100 pp at home!

One question... when you pay the $20 cover charge, are drinks included?? Or are they extra? I don't think anyone has addressed that issue yet.

Thanks!!

You will enjoy both - and I have been to both of them on the Crown. For me the Crown is the better of the two hands-down. But I can get excellent Italian at home and I can't possibly eat all the food they bring you at Sabatini's. I'll be on the Ruby in three weeks and we will eat at the Crown at least once while we will skip Sabatini's all together.

One question... when you pay the $20 cover charge, are drinks included?? Or are they extra? I don't think anyone has addressed that issue yet.

Thanks!!

drinks will be extra.

At Sabatinis you only pick your entree- they give you what they want with the rest of the meal. Very good= well worth the experience at least once. As far as getting more-- they keep bringing food-- we couldnt request a 2nd helping- by the time we were finished there was no room anywhere on either of us to get in a 2nd helping.

Does the $20 surcharge in the Crown Grill include a tip or do you add a tip? Have sailed many times on Princess but have never eaten in the Crown Grill. We will be trying it on the Crown in February.
[it does not include the tip, but you are not required to add one either. We always do, but got poor service in Sabastinis last time and I was sorry we did add one...OH well, too late now...

LOL

Archived