Medano Beach too steep? "Mellowest" Beach Hangout?

goober87

I saw somewhere on the Board that Medano Beach in Cabo had gotten steeper due to the hurricane. It was somewhat steep where we were last there 3 years ago. Is it any fun for kids (ages 10+)?

What is the mellowest Medano beach hangout? We've tried different ones over the years and been overwhelmed by the Spring Break feel of a few (the Mango Deck comes to mind). Suggestions? We like the beach, the food, sun, cervezas a deck of cards. Not so much into the loud music, DJs and hairy chest contests (which we skip on the boat too).

We have enjoyed the Cannery Row beach (quiet, close, easy surf), but there is no bar service. :)

I'm right there with you.....I'm overwelmed with work until after April 15th...LOL! All I want is someone to tell me an excellent beach area to go to in Cabo. Somewhere I can just jump into a cab and get there easily. Doesn't have to be all inclusive. Can be a restaurant or hotel. Want nice lounge chairs. Price isn't a major factor. Thanks!

I'm right there with you.....I'm overwelmed with work until after April 15th...LOL! All I want is someone to tell me an excellent beach area to go to in Cabo. Somewhere I can just jump into a cab and get there easily. Doesn't have to be all inclusive. Can be a restaurant or hotel. Want nice lounge chairs. Price isn't a major factor. Thanks!

Ditto

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are several bars, restaurants and hotels along Medano Beach. After getting off the ships' tender, walk along the harbor and get a water taxi ride over there.

See wikimapia for an overhead view: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=22.883688&lon=-109.907141&z=17&m=b&v=2&search=cabo%20san%20lucas

Restaurants/bars on the map seem to be:

Now, I haven't been there for 3 years. Hence my questions as to the condition of the beach and which place is the mellowest of the lot. Tabasco's is the farthest removed from the rest. Mango Deck is the loudest--ala Spring Break. I will probably be leading a group of 9 along the beach to set up camp, so I would like to have a good target. If you are solo or in a small group, saunter along until you find something you like.

• 1 month later...

The beach is steeper in certain areas, but many of the bars and restaurants have sufficient enough to enjoy a lounger unless the tide is really high.

I live in Cabo six months a year and am there right now. An update to goober87's very good post:

Moxitos is no longer in business. A victim of the economy post hurricane.

Billigans is under new management, Victor Lujan, who has transformed it into a family friendly atmosphere. There are plenty of loungers or tables, whichever you prefer. Good music, great service. This is my new hangout since Moxitos closed.

Sand Bar has been transformed and is also family friendly. Not sure on the lounger situation.

It's been reported that Tabasco's has a new manager and that service has gone down. It's also been reported that they are charging for the use of umbrella's.