Gluten free on Navigator of the Seas

What are the gluten free options on Navigator of the Seas. We are sailing on May 3, 2015. Is there any gluten free pizza onboard?

The pizza I had on Indy was not that good. Best one I have had is one I buy at Costco.

The GF on Indy had to go through the oven twice and maybe 3 times would have been better. They have a Sorrento's pizza in the Promenade. I don't think there are any pizzas in the NvOS Promenade? unless the P.Cafe is making some?

Put it on your RCL profile where allergies are noted.... and tell the Head Waiter you are GF.

Then ask if they can give you a full list of all the places to find GF. It took me some time to discover the items on our B2Bs on Indy. I made a comment in my survey that there should be a list of where GF locations and items are.

I was given the MDR menu the night before to choose my meal and it was made GF. It was no problem!!! They offered a variety of 3? fresh GF breads on the ship at dinner and in the WJ, you just have to ask. I had it toasted in the MDR for breakfast.

They had GF hamburger buns as well in the WJ and UDI packaged cookies at the P Cafe. I also found mini muffins in the Prom. Cafe but I think they are made for Breakfast.

A flourless choc. cake in the WJ, was very good, you have to ask for it as it is kept in the cooler.

French Fries have flour on them in the WJ, so you need to order plain ones and it takes some time!!!!

In the MDR if fries are ordered the night before then it is no problem. If you order Hamburger Sliders, ask for them to be made as one patty and in a GF Hamburger Bun. I was given 2 slices of bread on each side of the slider....not that good!

Enjoy the cruise! Just ask and ask..... and hopefully you have no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the poster above. Make sure you tell them in the MDR you are gluten free and usually the head waiter comes and talks to you. I would be handed the next days dinner menu to order ahead of time so that they can prepare my meal special.

Also, I got to order GF pancakes or the GF french toast (my fave) for breakfast the next morning. Aaaaaand I would always order a GF pizza for lunch right there to enjoy in the windjammer on the next sea day. It has been a hit or miss. A couple of times is was amazing and one time not so much. But YES you can order your very own GF pizza how you want it but a message needs to be sent so they are aware and prepared for you. It's the head waiter that will notify them. IT does take some waiting but definitely worth it!

Also, you can ask for gf cookies in the promenade caffe.

Didn't know about the flourless cake but I will definitely be ordering that in about a week! ;-)

Royal is very good about taking care of my Gluten allergy and will go above and beyond so that I can enjoy my cruise.

No worries and enjoy your cruise!

Pizza on Navigator also was pretty bad, only cruise lines that do good pizza is Princess and Costa

Pizza in Sorrentos was not good. I had them bake it twice through but maybe 3 X might have been better?

Best GF pizza is at our local Costco!!! YUM!!

I will skip the pizza on the Navigator next week, but next month will feast on great pizza in NYC

Have you tried Cup4Cup flour? It is just like real flour for baking etc. Makes great stuff!!! Much better than the other brands I have tried. Some stores in CAN and US carry it. Just hunt around. Worth the extra money!!!

I know they have a special toaster for GF bread, and special oil for fries etc. but not sure on how strict they are. Serving GF they have to be aware of it because many are Celiac.

When you get on board, before you eat.........

Talk to the Head Waiter and ask to see a Head Chefs, you should be able to find out or get them to be extra careful with their work station for GF.

Pizza on all of the RCI ships are weird tasting, but for some reason after a day of drinking, at 2 am week can't stop eating it.

Just realized we are sailing on the same date. Make sure to sign up for the Meet & Greet: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2063323

Edited by WilsonFamilyNRH

Have you tried Cup4Cup flour? It is just like real flour for baking etc. Makes great stuff!!! Much better than the other brands I have tried. Some stores in CAN and US carry it. Just hunt around. Worth the extra money!!!

Thanks for this, just ordered it online and used it this morning to make real biscuits again. I could handle it without it sticking to my hands like other gluten free flours.

Dave

Thanks for this, just ordered it online and used it this morning to make real biscuits again. I could handle it without it sticking to my hands like other gluten free flours.

Dave

Great!!!:)

Our DD in the US, is hooked on C4C flour too, she is back in the normal world again she said.

It has the X gum? in it I believe and that is the stuff taken out of other things. Glad you found it.

Great!!!:)

Our DD in the US, is hooked on C4C flour too, she is back in the normal world again she said.

It has the X gum? in it I believe and that is the stuff taken out of other things. Glad you found it.

Yes it has the X gum which my wife knows more about it than me. Sometimes its the lesser of two evils.

GF pizza at Costco? What brand? I would love it if our Costco had it!

You could request it if they don't and maybe they can get it in??

Sabatassos's Pizzaria 2 for about $17? CAN

Just have the Cheese pizzas at our Costco in Vancouver. I add thin tomato slices.

Frozen pizza, about 13 min in my 425 degree oven. Thin and crispy crust.

DH is not on GF and Really likes them!!!!

The Cup4Cup is great flour if you can find it or order it. I don't see as much difference, as I did with the other GF flour.

Hope you find the pizza, we think it is very yummy. [Much much better than UDI's. Didn't like their flavour at all.........]

Edited by CVU