Oasis of the Seas 70s disco street party

I do not recall any special dress code for the 70's party. Most people dressed like they were going to a disco if that helps! I guess just use common sense/courtesy and you'll be fine. Hope you enjoy it, we missed this party and had to watch everyone having a blast at it on TV :(

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I do not recall any special dress code for the 70's party. Most people dressed like they were going to a disco if that helps! I guess just use common sense/courtesy and you'll be fine. Hope you enjoy it, we missed this party and had to watch everyone having a blast at it on TV :(

i got a John Travolta costume i am gonna wear, and im sorry to hear that you missed it

i got a John Travolta costume i am gonna wear, and im sorry to hear that you missed it

Very cool! I can't remember what we wound up doing that night buried hated that we didn't get to go. Enjoy!

Very cool! I can't remember what we wound up doing that night buried hated that we didn't get to go. Enjoy!

Ugh, didn't spell check! I didn't mean "buried," I meant "but I." Sorry :)

Ya but I am ready for a change. It is getting a little old. I mean Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band change their shows up nightly.. You think RCI could switch it up a bit too....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app on my Samsung Galaxy S3

Ya but I am ready for a change. It is getting a little old. I mean Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band change their shows up nightly.. You think RCI could switch it up a bit too....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app on my Samsung Galaxy S3

i like the 70s party alot

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
They have been doing them at least since 2009 when I started cruising. It's time for a change.

Yes agreed! Never having sailed on RCL before I suppose I should withold

judgement. But heck the 70s are long gone...even at my age (late 50s)

there is nothing more exciting that the loud beat of current dance music.

Does anyone know if there is such a scene to be found on the Oasis or are

they permanantly stuck in the 70s?

hey everyone, im going on Oasis this August and im wondering if there is any rules/policies about dressing up for the 70s disco street party.

We had just finished up dinner and were in normal attire. Come as you are! I'm just hoping for a repeat performance by the adorable "Village People-esque" cruise staff especially the good looking cowboy in the chaps! :):D

Been cruising RCL for the past 8 years and there is always a 70's party. Yes it is fun but they need to change it up a bit. Try adding Donna Summer, Bee Gees even the Jackson 5 someone besides the Village People it's getting worn out. And before you all blast me I do like the YMCA and thought it was great the first 5 times I saw it.

My wife and I dress for 70's night. We were the only ones dressed, but that was okay, because we got a lot of attention. I would post a picture, but I don't know how.

My group is on the Oasis in July and we are planning to dress up in 70s fashion. I've never done it before, but 70s party is one of my favorite events on the ship!