Pre-order alcohol from Carnival !!!!!!!!!!

lrcruising

Did you all know that you can order alcohol (vodka, rum, tequila, whiskey, etc) through Carnival's Bon Voyage program? You can't do it on the website, you have to call and order an alcohol set up for your stateroom. I ordered a bottle of Absolute ( 1 liter ) that will be in my room when I arrive. I also ordered cans of sprite to mix with it for $1.75 each. I know this is a little pricey but this is great for those of you who don't want to sneek alcohol on or pay for every drink that you have onboard. Don't get me wrong, I have smuggled alcohol on plenty of cruises, but it will be nice for once not to worry that my alcohol leaked in my luggage or that it was taken out of my luggage and confiscated. I hope this helps you all to know that you do have an option if you want it.

Yes, you can certainly do that IF you're willing to pay the exorbitant costs involved. I checked into it for my son's cruise last year - and quickly decided I'd have some drink tickets and a bottle of wine in his cabin instead.:rolleyes:

Did you all know that you can order alcohol (vodka, rum, tequila, whiskey, etc) through Carnival's Bon Voyage program? You can't do it on the website, you have to call and order an alcohol set up for your stateroom. I ordered a bottle of Absolute ( 1 liter ) that will be in my room when I arrive. I also ordered cans of sprite to mix with it for $1.75 each. I know this is a little pricey but this is great for those of you who don't want to sneek alcohol on or pay for every drink that you have onboard. Don't get me wrong, I have smuggled alcohol on plenty of cruises, but it will be nice for once not to worry that my alcohol leaked in my luggage or that it was taken out of my luggage and confiscated. I hope this helps you all to know that you do have an option if you want it.

Sounds great! May I ask how much you paid for the bottle of Absolute? Did you happen to get any further pricing that you could share with us?

Thanks,

Diane

I called the Bon Voyage department on Friday to ask about my upcoming cruise-the vodka she quoted me was from $40+/US, with Smirnoff being $40/US for 1 Litre. Comparably-in Ontario a 1.14L bottle of Smirnoff is $33/CDN, so about $28-ish/US.

I asked her if she could fax or email me a price list as I didn't want to take up a ton of her time on the phone, and she said they can't do that.

I will be inquiring about a 375 mL bottle of Captain Morgan's tomorrow, and probably getting the 1L bottle of Smirnoff. Friends on my roll call say they have all different sizes available as well. ;)

I will be bringing my own wine on board as well. :D

This is great to hear - I asked my PVP about this a few months back and she said they didn't do anything like it. I have to make a call, I"m going on the Liberty TransAtlantic and I don't want tote & sneak 16 days of liquor around (or even half that amount), I would much rather buy it like this in this instance!

Lisa

I called the Bon Voyage department on Friday to ask about my upcoming cruise-the vodka she quoted me was from $40+/US, with Smirnoff being $40/US for 1 Litre.

That's actually quite reasonable compared to most hotels/resorts.

NYC hotels charge as much as as $100 a bottle including the setups.

I don't think i've ever seen a resort charge that little. Next time you travel, look at full bottle liquor prices in the guest directory. You'd be surprised how much it is....

I called today, here's some prices, all per liter

Absolute Vodka $40

Captain Morgain Rum $40

Malibu Rum $55 (I tried asking for Parrot Bay too, same with Barcardi Raspberry, but she wasn't quite understanding me)

Tanquery Gin $45 (can't spell!)

Bombay Saphire Gin $55

She said that you can call up to a week before the cruise and they can have it ready. She also mentioned that if it appeared to be children or young people in the cabin, they may card you when delivering (I guess they have access to your reservation?). She said that the bottle just has to stay in the room.

It may be a bit pricey, but it's a heck of a lot easier than sneaking some in and you know you will have it and for me, it's still cheaper than a 2 week bar tab :)

Lisa

those prices aren't bad at all IMO, considering its a litre, which is a 250 ml more than a standard 1/5th...I'd bay over $25 for a 1/5th of vodka and more for bombay...I know carnival is buying it duty free for a fraction of the selling price, but it seems to beat packing and carrying on...

and for smaller sizes, princess has a lot of sail-aways with a pint and a couple mixers, not sure if carnival offers this on the carnival ships or not

I bought clean bottles just for this purpose :) and a lexicon flask (did I spell that right?) - that really tough plastic stuff. I may still use the flask for a liquor they don't have and if I get caught oh well, I still have what I bought!!

Lisa

i can not locate a list any place on the web site except for wines, do you have to call?

Let's see what the OP said.

"You can't do it on the website, you have to call and order an alcohol set up for your stateroom."

We preordered a bottle of Canadian Club Rye 1 Litre size bottle on our recent Victory cruise. We paid $38 US. The bottle was in the cabin the first night of our cruise, wrapped with a lovely Carnival bow around it's neck! Just a hint for others who may be doing back to back cruises. We did a back to back on the Victory last December. We purchased our duty free liquor the first week of the back to back cruises. The liquor was delivered to the stateroom on the day before debarkation of our first cruise (Saturday morning). Had we known we would be given the liquor that night instead of at the end of our second week, we would not have ordered the bottle to the room for the last week of the cruise. As it turned out...we had all our duty free liquor in our cabin for the second week of the cruise. (We left it in the cardboard box and used the $38 bottle of rye!)....just some interesting info. Have a great day everyone. And yes..the Guest Relations Dept. quoted me fifths of different vodkas, gins, ryes, and rums....she listed a bunch of sizes...

We have pre-ordered liquor for our last two cruises on Princess and HAL. A 1 liter of Gin has been coming with 4 cans of tonic. I am a light drinker, so we ended up having to buy extra cans of tonic and I still leave a 1/2 liter of Gin for the room steward when we debark. :D Even so, it is so much easier to pre-order liquor (DH gets beer).

Do the prices above include set-ups? They do seem rather high without set-ups.

BTW- We were disappointed the first time we pre-ordered the Gin package w/ set-ups, because we expected a six pack of tonic and a few limes, twizzlers, etc. No such offering. :rolleyes:

We have pre-ordered liquor for our last two cruises on Princess and HAL. A 1 liter of Gin has been coming with 4 cans of tonic. I am a light drinker, so we ended up having to buy extra cans of tonic and I still leave a 1/2 liter of Gin for the room steward when we debark. :D Even so, it is so much easier to pre-order liquor (DH gets beer).

Do the prices above include set-ups? They do seem rather high without set-ups.

BTW- We were disappointed the first time we pre-ordered the Gin package w/ set-ups, because we expected a six pack of tonic and a few limes, twizzlers, etc. No such offering. :rolleyes:

Archived